Folklore
[ P ] Blue Stars - Printable Version

+- Folklore (http://folklore.rpginit.com)
+-- Forum: OOC (http://folklore.rpginit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Archives (http://folklore.rpginit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=21)
+---- Forum: Year Two (http://folklore.rpginit.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=23)
+---- Thread: [ P ] Blue Stars (/showthread.php?tid=1972)

Blue Stars - Blackfoot - 07-10-2019

Blackfoot
Chieftain of Astaria

She'd met them at the border but there was more that was needing to be discussed with this Isolde Fairchild. Apparently it would be something of interest to the blue woman so she agreed to entertain the woman in her den for a meeting away from prying eyes and ears. The Fairchildren, so far, had not harbored any animosity for them and Galiene had even offered her some leaderly advice a couple of seasons ago. How long the peace would last she did not know, Blackfoot was no stranger to some of their ideals and only hoped that they would maintain the peace. The last thing she needed was one of the most powerful families in Cyrileth on her pack's case. So, diplomacy and getting to know some of their members would work in her favor.

On the way she stopped by the prey pile, offering the woman something if she wished to take it, and grabbing a rather large hare for herself. Her appetite had just been growing and growing until it felt like she was nurturing a cavernous hole in her stomach rather than growing pups. Even while on guard duty and while talking to her most recent guests her stomach had been complaining.

They made their way up to her den and quickly she popped her head in to see if Cailan was around. Her mate was nowhere to be seen and his stale scent told her that he'd likely been gone for a bit of time. that would leave them time to talk freely... though she wondered if he should be present for this. She would just catch him up later though she knew eventually that she'd be in no condition to have meetings or conduct diplomatic talks....

After seeing that they would be alone she entered and lead the other inside. The blue woman took a seat on her nest and extended one paw, silently offering the other a place to sit wherever she wished. The hare she plopped down in front of herself and she ripped it open unceremoniously. After a few ravenous bites to quell the cramping in her gut she looked towards Isolde, brows inclined as she silently asked her to begin.

370| @Isolde | notes

"All systems go."
The sun hasn't died.
Table © Plymouth

RE: Blue Stars - Isolde - 07-21-2019

the stars...

When the Ardria had crested the hill and loped down the mountainous trail to the wolves near the beach, Isolde had felt as though a pup again. Her eyes had widened as the summer sun painted the blue wolf into Zavala's likeness. Though the eyes had not been golden but green, the distinctive garb left Isolde speechless. Only when the alpha had drawn close and introduced herself as Blackfoot had Isolde allowed a small smile and a respectful dip of her head to wipe away her surprise. Nursing her curiosities, the Fairchild had followed the southern alpha into the vista.

Throughout the arduous trek up to the secretive camp, Isolde had kept an eye out for others of Blackfoot's ilk. Surely this had become the new natal pack for the Ardrias? While once a forest pack snug and secure in Geld, it was not uncommon for families to move to more fruitful lands. That said, the scents of prey were far and few between here upon the rolling hills.

Isolde witnessed few until they entered the pack's heart. Beyond a smattering of guards and pups, however, there were no others with the Ardria robes. Odd.

Declining food, she allowed her gaze to drift over the alpha more carefully. There was a shift in the she-wolf's scent and, unmistakably, a bit of a bulge by the woman's abdomen. Considering the lack of prey she'd witnessed so far, she could only assume that the alpha would soon be blessed with pups. Considering Galiene's recent loss, Isolde could only feel envy and appreciation for Blackfoot's blessing.

Settling in the she-wolf's cavernous den, Isolde took the time to admire the water-warped stone whilst Blackfoot ate. When the woman was licking her chops, Isolde offered a smile. "You've built a fine pack," she mused, voice warm. The breeze was nice and the air was clean. Distant was the unmistakable laugh of pups. "And it seems that it will grow ever larger." Emerald eyes ghosted by the Ardria's belly. "Congratulations."

Tucking her tail around ivory paws, Isolde inclined her head. "Are other Ardrias here?"

"..."
...and all their sorrow
template by bean

RE: Blue Stars - Blackfoot - 07-23-2019

Blackfoot
Chieftain of Astaria

Begin, the woman did. Blackfoot felt warmed at the praise. It wasn't everyday that one built a blossoming pack when they had no experience with packs whatsoever, but she felt that she had done already and was pleased that the Fairchild agreed. "Thank-you. On both accounts." From the thanks it was clear to hear that she was fairly pleased at the warm words. Sometimes they were exactly what she needed. It was still strange though to hear others remark about her pregnancy but there was hardly any way to hide it now. Her scent and her shape gave her away every time to the trained eye. "The gods have been kind." An answer the Fairchild would surely appreciate and one that she believed herself, to a certain extent. She looked up to The Father for guidance sometimes and the Red Wood still offered some sort of comfort.

Although her next question made the Ardria blink in surprise. No one had ever noticed or cared to comment on her lineage before. Well, none but her mother but the spiteful old bitch didn't count. To hear a Fairchild remark of it, was strange... "No. Never even seen another..." They were like fairy tales to her. Fairy tales that existed but cared not a smidge about her... at least as far as her father was concerned.

"How do you know I am one?" Her brow furrowed, curiosity there in her gaze. Did this one know of her father? Surely not. As far as her mother had told her the man wanted absolutely nothing to do with her, the same as the rest of her family. She only carried their name for some reason that Amelia had cooked up.

244+| @Isolde | notes

"All systems go."
The sun hasn't died.
Table © Plymouth

RE: Blue Stars - Isolde - 07-24-2019

the stars...

Pleasantries were traded and gently tucked away. It was nice to speak kindly with another, particularly another native. Lately, it felt as though the land was overrun with strangers and foreigners. Few knew of the constellations and even fewer practiced the one true faith. Cyrileth had gone to the wolves—and not the righteous kind.

“No. Never seen another—”
“What?”

Before the alpha could finish speaking, a look of shock crossed Isolde’s fine features. For one so poised, it was odd for her to falter on etiquette. However, what Blackfoot spoke of was perposterous. The woman had a most… empircal… name which deviated from Ardria culture but still, to have never met another? What of her family?

“Pardon me,” Isolde breathed, coughing lightly after her outburst.

“You look just like Zavala, the old matriarch of your family. Blue fur, simple markings, bright eyes…” Even as a girl, she’d been surprised by the homogeneity of the wolves.

“Forgive me but… you’ve truly never met another?” Her head canted to the side, gaze searching the woman’s face. To think that this woman hailed from one of the native colonies only to have no recollection of her blood? The thought was perposterous and, in truth, a bit… sad. Isolde felt her heart sink.

"..."
...and all their sorrow
template by bean

RE: Blue Stars - Blackfoot - 07-30-2019

Blackfoot
Chieftain of Astaria

Blackfoot's ears twitched at the sudden exclamation from the --so far-- very reserved Fairchild. Was it such a huge deal that she didn't know her family? Were they supposed to be so tight-knit that even the Fairchildren knew of their bonds? Apparently they'd forgotten to tell her about that part. Probably something to do with the fact that her father wanted nothing to do with her after she was born. Pah!

Although it was interesting to hear that she resembled her ilk from someone else. Black already knew that her mother resented her because of her resemblance to Crispin, but was it true that all Ardrias resembled each other? Blue fur a tying bond like the Fairchildren and their flecks? "Never." The blue alpha confirmed, aloof, as if it were no big deal. "Mother raised me. She was no Ardria. Said they wanted nothing to do with me." Although she knew her mother's track record with the truth... Still, why should it even matter? It wasn't as if any of her relatives had hunted her down or tried to bring her into the fold.

At the end of her words she gave a nonchalant shrug, there was nothing much she could do about it. She held the last name but knew nothing about it. "How do you know them?" Was she a member of some prominent family then? A family that she felt no ties to... A family that had never sought her out.

Or what if they'd tried once and Amelia had kept them away? Blackfoot couldn't remember any blue wolves from her childhood... Least not any blue wolves that claimed to be her relatives.

276| @Isolde | notes

"All systems go."
The sun hasn't died.
Table © Plymouth

RE: Blue Stars - Isolde - 08-03-2019

the stars...

Though Isolde could not have known this “mother” or her origins, the story left a bitter taste upon the Fairchild’s tongue. While it had been some time since last she’d interacted with the Ardrias, she had never known them to be a bigoted sort. They had been far more free and eclectic, erring away from stricter dogma that the Fairchildren had set. Such traits had left little to be desired among Isolde’s ilk but, nonetheless, Isolde’s mother had been intent to keep her mission alive. Dining with these wolves and checking in on them was the best to model the righteousness of the Fairchild path.

“I had never known the Ardrias to be prejudiced,” Isolde said lightly. Brown ears twitched as she cast the alpha a cursory glance. Isolde’s comment had been a light, casual thing. Beneath, however, there were misgivings toward Blackfoot’s mother and the alleged exile this alpha had suffered. Still, she chose not to be overt. If Blackfoot had taken her mother’s word for gospel, then Isolde dared not wish to be the dissenter.

When Blackfoot offered a question of her own, Isolde allowed a small smile to soften upon her lips.

“My mother met often with the native tribes. She came bearing our gospel and kept the spirit of the stars alive. As a child, I would go with her from time to time. The Ardrias were always kind.” Shifting, her pale paws flexed against the stone.

“Which is why I’ve come, actually.” Isolde straightened. “I would like to continue her legacy and visit Astaria once each month. I would share my faith and, in return, help your family however I can whilst I stay.” A pause. “Though I imagine that I would only stay for three days at a time at most. My family has endured some hardships lately.”

"..."
...and all their sorrow
template by bean

RE: Blue Stars - Blackfoot - 08-09-2019

Blackfoot
Chieftain of Astaria

"I had never known the Ardrias to be prejudiced." There was a flicker of something in her gaze. Doubt? Anger? It was there and gone too fast to be discerned... but inwardly she was thinking back over everything her mother said and how often she knew the russet wolf to lie.

What if everything she'd ever been taught was a lie?

Her father's hate? Her family's disinterest? It was a mystery begging to be solved but she did not dare unravel it all now. Not in the presence of a stranger. This was something to be done in the privacy of her den, while alone or perhaps with her loved one. So she did not speak on it now and simply let the comment drift away on silence.

But it had left its mark.

The topic moved onto the Ardrias and the Fairchildren and Blackfoot could not help but be intrigued by the story. To know that she was of a native family, one that was in the Fairfolk's good graces where they apparently shared culture... Well, it was interesting to be honest. A peaceful sharing of information, one that also extended to her own pack now. She could see the merit in this. It would help scratch the religious itch for those who had it while bolstering their relationship with the Fairchildren. A win-win honestly.

Blackfoot nodded. "Am sorry to hear of the Fairchildren's hardships." Though she would not pry on what exactly those hardships were. It was not her business and she was sure that poking her nose into it would only look bad. "Regardless, this is fine. No pushing the religion if someone doesn't want to listen or partake." She would not have it shoved down someone's unwilling throat nor would she have them crucifying the "rogue" constellations in her pack. No trouble or there would be trouble but she didn't think Isolde would be a problem. Thus far she'd proven calm, collected, and informative. Plus, they were not on bad terms with the Fairchildren. "You will be treated as a guest here during your stay. If anyone questions it, tell them you have been granted Sanctuary."

360| @Isolde | notes

"All systems go."
The sun hasn't died.
Table © Plymouth

RE: Blue Stars - Isolde - 08-12-2019

the stars...

Cedar ears twitched at the mention—or subtle accusation—of pushing religion down the throats of others. Though the Maiden took slight offense to this, she did not show it. Her expression remained cool as she regarded the Ardria who, thus far, was abidant of the stars. Though Blackfoot knew nothing of her heritage, she did have one similarity, and that was her tolerance. The walk through the territory, while brief, had been colored by wolves of different hues and accents. Isolde did not assume that every wolf followed the stars or that every wolf belonged in Cyrileth. Some no doubt could be outsiders or, worse, heretics of heathenous faith.

That aside, however, Isolde was not the Father. She did not pass judgment or demand a tithe from the peasantry. No, she was the Maiden, and so her role was softer. She was the missionary, the friendly face. Gifted with eyes that were blind to the stars’ possessions, Isolde would be blissfully ignorant of the venemous signs. That, and her heart was equally warm. She believed in repentance through devotion and piety. Even the godless could be introduced to the pantheon, the outsiders could be cleansed in prayer.

“No pushing,” Isolde promised with a delicate smile. “When I share viewings of the stars, I will do so with open arms. All are free to come and go.”

As the alpha offered her protection, the Fairchild dipped her head in thanks.

“The Fairfolk thank you for your kindness.” With that, she rose onto her paws. “I will visit again when the leaves turn orange. ‘Til then, I wish you comfort and prosperity.”

Should the alpha not call her back, Isolde would carefully pick her way out of the den and make her way to the border.

[ exit isolde \\ unless stopped ]

"..."
...and all their sorrow
template by bean

RE: Blue Stars - Blackfoot - 08-24-2019

Blackfoot
Chieftain of Astaria

"No pushing." A small nod, a grateful gesture. No pushing, she would trust the woman and would be pleased that she would abide by the rules and allow others to believe at their own leisure. If that was the case then Blackfoot would have no issue at all with her pilgrimages to the Vista. She would be treated as a guest and there should be no issues with her coming and going as she pleased.

Blackfoot didn't smile at the woman's good sentiments but the amity was reflected in her gaze. "Likewise, Isolde." When the leaves turned orange and gold. By that time her children would be born into the world. Would they enjoy the teachings that the Fairchild would impart?

Green eyes watched as the woman turned to leave, picking her way out of the den. Blackfoot waited until she was completely gone, then she dipped her head down onto her paws and sighed. Though she knew it not to be true, she felt as if she'd run a marathon. Exhaustion crept into her bones and her limbs.

Pregnancy was no easy thing... She would afford herself a brief rest and then she would go back out into the pack to see where she could be useful.

207| @Isolde | -exit/end thread-

"All systems go."
The sun hasn't died.
Table © Plymouth