Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Let someone go
Centience
Loner
2y

From the confines of what Blasphemy told her was Hia, Kitseh was beginning to venture out of. She'd moved through the darkness of the hidden forest, enjoying the sights as she traveled down between the vast mountain ranges. The temperature up in Hia was cold, really cold, it wasn't so bad in the forest, the dense trees acting as a barrier of sorts against the bitter weather that was pushing its way into Cyrileth.

Coming from the mountains of Hia, it was slower to affect the lower lands, which Kit was soon able to discover as she made her way into a forest of sparse pine. It was less condensed than the hidden wood, littered with stone and grass, the sound of running water finding her mismatched ears. She could only guess that was mountain run off, fresh and cold from the crystalline snow way up on the peaks. Her athletic frame carried her easily through the uneven terrain, clambering over rocks and around larger boulders. She wasn't very deep into the pine, still able to see the hovering mountains at her backside. And she looked back, managing a sigh, her and Blasphemy were supposed to traverse this land together.

But she'd gone missing, maybe held up in the hidden forest haunted by ghosts of her past, she hadn't gone out anywhere with her yet. Too caught up in the confines of her forest, so Kitseh was out left to venture alone, in a land that wasn't home to her. She was no native like Blas was. Audits pulled atop her crown, slowing her pace taking in the air of the evening that fell around her. She would take in a deep breath before making her way over to a small creek that ran down into the forest. She crouched there, leaning down to lap up the icy water which felt good on her tongue. All the while her dual toned eyes observed her surroundings. It was peaceful here, almost too quiet for her liking if she were being honest.

"Speaking"

Table @Centience

@Karnak
soar
Loner
With the return of Evanora he had hoped to feel more at ease — to live with an unburdened heart — but no, Cairo got injured. The future he, and his family, envisioned for her was crumbling; the would-be Queen would never feel the weight of the crown upon her brows and the burden of her dominion upon her shoulders. It saddened him greatly...But she was a fighter; she would fight for her golden-plated future, and ensure that it is safe in her hands.

He will continue to stay at the crown princess's side, but he can only wait so long.

It felt as if they were in a war; they could fight but there was no enemy to kill. The once impregnable fortress that was the Tiamats was now fragile, bowing with each glancing blow. But, instead of fear or worry, it filled him with certainty. Each blow and each crumbled stone only cleared his mind.

In the forest, under a great tree overlooking the creek, he rested with his head upon his folded paws. He watched animals scuttling toward the stream to drink, and plants swaying in a gentle breeze that managed to sneak into the forest. And then she came; the first wolf he saw today. The woman gowned in a pelt of two colours, coal and fire, and whose presence he found enrapturing. “Are you catching fire or are you dying?” he asked dryly from his secluded position among roots.

“Karnak Tiamat”

Centience
Loner
2y

“Are you catching fire or are you dying?”

she shifted, glancing up at the man before her, who's dry lyrics were ever curious about her combination of colors. A smile touched her lips, confidence lacing her features as she rose from the creek at her paws. "i've never really thought about it" she admitted honestly, ears drawing upon the top of her head. "although, if i had to guess, i'd say catching fire" she offered, observing the rich rose colored gaze of the stranger.

"the black is only the charred remains of where the flames have already consumed me" she explained, cocking her head to the side slightly. he was a man covered in rich timber tones, not far off in color from the gold that patched together half of her coat.

"and what does that make you? you also seem to be consumed in fire, even your back is beginning to singe," she mused, observing the black etches that lined his back. Kitseh lowered herself into a sit, relaxing against the cold grass of the forest, the stranger "what do they call you?" kit would hum lightly, she wasn't interested in sitting here talking with a man with no name, he could at least do her that favor. although even if he refused, at least she had some company, Blasphemy was going to hear it if she ever did find her friend.

"Speaking"

Table @Centience

@Karnak
soar
Loner
She raised her mismatched gaze to find him amongst the roots and a smile spread across her bi-hued face. He quickly amended his thoughts about her looks; charred or frozen? He tilted his head as he mused on her poetic appearance; the interweaving of life and death, or the collaboration of fire and ice. Both, perhaps? "although, if i had to guess, i'd say catching fire" He nodded approvingly, allowing himself to smile a little. "the black is only the charred remains of where the flames have already consumed me" His smile then transformed into a smirk.

“So it is only a matter of time before the fire consumes you whole and spit out the rest of your charred remains.” His rose gaze flickered between her eyes; from orange to blue, “What a shame.” His smirk had not faltered from his face; instead it only grew, adopting a teasing edge.

"and what does that make you? you also seem to be consumed in fire, even your back is beginning to singe," He raised his brows and let out a soft laugh, “Me?” He rose from his lying position to settle into a seat, “Oh, I am but glowing embers; not quite sleeping and not quite awake, but very much alive.” All of his family bore signs that they were forged in fire; reds, oranges, and golds of their coats were always vibrant and furious. His pelt, however, was tinged with more coals, and so his fire burned slower, but longer.

The stranger then asked for his name and he answered readily, “Karnak Tiamat, and you?”

“Karnak Tiamat”

Centience
Loner
2y

She of course noticed the smile of approval twist into an amused smirk before the words fell from his crimson maw. And one of her own came to mimic him, “So it is only a matter of time before the fire consumes you whole and spit out the rest of your charred remains.” Kitseh chuckled as he came to rise, and than “What a shame.” he would add, the simper smile never faltering from his maw, but she had a remark of her own, ears would glide atop her crown. Taking a moment to observe him, as if considering the man with a grin stained over her dual toned face. "Perhaps," she would mull. "Or perhaps the flames are not strong enough to reach the rest of me" came her chiming lyrics, she gave the man a knowing look, he was dressed in fire as well, and he was his fire that she wished to know of now.

“Me?” he asked, adjusting to rise into a seat. “Oh, I am but glowing embers; not quite sleeping and not quite awake, but very much alive.” "Sleeping, or feeble? Simmering embers without enough oxygen to fuel them?" she teased, her voice lined with soft laughter.

“Karnak Tiamat, and you?”

"Kitseh — just Kitseh" she offered with a gentle nod. "What a surname — Tiamat, " she said thoughtfully. "do you have any idea what it means?" she added, her gaze shifting to the forest around them before wandering back to the man.

"Speaking"

Table @Centience

@Karnak

isoldehn.com