Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Figures
Sanctuary

Essie

Stardust: 935✪

aurelia

figures i'm willing to stay cause i'm sick for your love

It was much too often that people sugarcoated thing, especially when it came to her, so his bluntness was something she honestly appreciated. That didn't mean the question didn't still sting a little bit. "Well, it was just me, my mom and my dad so hopefully nobody else." A little joke to ease the pain. "I was separated from my father... I thought maybe... maybe he left, but now I think that maybe he's just dead too." she said. The girl shook the snow from her head and stood up again. She didn't talk about her parents often, but maybe she should. Maybe someone out there knew them.

They had lived in these forests all their lives, and she couldn't imagine two sighted wolves not having plenty of friends.

A sigh escaped her as she took a few steps towards his voice and rolled her sightless eyes at his suggestion that she grab his tail. At this point she kind of wanted to tell him yes just so she could give it a good bite. But, she refrained. "No, i-it's fine. I'll just be more careful." She was usually this clumsy, but right now she almost felt embarrassed for it.

"Anyway... you said something about a princess?" she said curiously. Did that mean he was a part of a pack or something? Hope fluttered in her chest, but then she looked down. Ah, but what would a princess or a pack want with her? Nothing. "Is she nice?" she asked softly. Other questions stuck to her tongue like sour berries.

OOC: @Sanada

TABLE BY DI
Loner

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

Stardust: 1,100✪
I am your copper sword; I am your obsidian shield
Use me and I gleam on the battlefield

Clarification of her previous answer came, reminding him of their conversation amidst poppies. Her mother had died, hadn't she? And her father went missing, or something along these lines. What he was certain of was that she was abandoned — an orphaned child teetering on the edge of adulthood. Only a year prior, he had walked all over the regions of Hiâ and Cyrileth, either alone or with his brothers, but he had always had a home, and a mother, behind him, should he need them. To be utterly alone in this world, vast and whole, was unfathomable, and he could not begin to imagine the isolation the girl must be enduring. She then spoke of her absent father. Sanada knew the pain of having a father who did not care — though Aurelia's case might be different — all too well. No, perhaps, it was bitterness, instead of pain. Watching his mother struggle in raising three boys alone in a northern forest, it sometimes incensed him.

“Don't look for him.” If he was dead, there was only a body to be found; and if he was alive, she would only find betrayal.

She rose, stumbling out of her imprint in the snow, while denying his offer; "No, i-it's fine. I'll just be more careful." He nodded, “Suit yourself. Just don't thank me when you fall again.” He turned away, resuming his mindless trek through the snow, while keeping his pace slow for her to catch up. "Anyway... you said something about a princess?" Glancing at her, he nodded, “Cairo.” Aurelia dropped her gaze to the snow at her paws, her voice quiet and soft when she asked, "Is she nice?"

Immediately, Sanada laughed. It was not a small amused huff, like his previous ones. No, it was loud, boisterous and exuberant, and it vibrated through him unceasingly. Then once the sound faded into an exhale, “No.” A short and abrupt answer, “She wants to eat my toes.”

“Sanada is speaking”
Sanctuary

Essie

aurelia

"Don't look for him," he said. Aurelia was a little taken aback by his words, but she could understand why he said them. She sighed, though, because she knew that even though he was probably right... she wouldn't be able to stop any time soon. What else was she going to do? She had nothing and no one in this world. The memory of her father was the only thing she had. What would she do if she simply let it go? She didn't know and the thought of truly having nothing to do with herself scared the shit out of her.

Aurelia's ears perked as his sudden laughter filled the air once more. Her lips curved slightly as it cut off he told her the weirdest thing about this princess.

"W-Why on earth would she want to do that?" she asked.

A moment passed by and she squinted at him, then stuck out her tongue like she was disgusted. "I didn't need to know about your freaky fetishes, Sanada!" she said. It was clearly a joke, but in all honestly she was kind of curious as to just why this wolf wanted to eat his toes and why he would tell her such a random thing. She felt so out of the loop -- of course she was, she didn't really have any l;oops to be in unfortunately.

TABLE BY DI
Loner

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

She said nothing in response to his abrupt statement; only a sigh escaped her, and he doubted that she would act upon his advice. An orphaned child, shunned by the world — an experience he would never know — it was only natural that she would want to seek out the only family she had. It was because of his inexperience, he was able to throw out such a suggestion almost thoughtlessly. He was privileged in that regard, something that she must be sorely aware of. As they had nothing more to say, the conversation upon this subject ended, but he suspected that she would have a few things to think about,

A smile grew upon her maw, but her words betrayed her confusion, and possibly incredulity "W-Why on earth would she want to do that?" Then, swiftly, she took back the question, sticking out her tongue instead, "I didn't need to know about your freaky fetishes, Sanada!" He snorted and shrugged, “Fine.” Leaving her in the darkness, just as she asked.

But, was he fair to claim that the weasel was less than nice? Though he had never been the subject of her kindness, he would not describe her as unpleasant; just brash and spoilt, but that could be because of her royal upbringing. He didn't believe she would truly partake in deliberate cruelty. Unless, of course, her pride was on the line — which, ah, was nearly all the time.

But she cared, and that was all that mattered. For the first time in a long time, he felt a sudden want to return to her side and listen to her grating barbs.

“Sanada is speaking”

@Aurelia
Sanctuary

Essie

aurelia

Silence was quick to grow between them after her joke and she wondered if he had not taken it as such. Aurelia's ears twitched nervously and for a moment she thought that he had abandoned her. She hadn't heard any signs of that, though, so she figured he was still here just looking at her. If she were sighted, she'd be able to get what that look meant. "I-It was a joke," she said.

It was impossible to tell if he was angry or not unless he said anything. She shifted her paws in the snow uncomfortably. She wasn't really sure what to do or say now.

Aurelia wondered just what his relationship towards this 'princess' was. "Are you part of a pack now?" she asked hopefully. Maybe if there was a pack in these woods, she could find a place in it. Maybe she didn't have to be alone, wasting her life looking for a father that might not even want to be found. Of course, that all hinged on his friends accepting her in the first place. Aurelia had come across her fair share of wolves and none of them were interested in wasting their time on her. The world they lived in was cruel and harsh.

TABLE BY DI
Loner

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

No words were shared between them for some time after her joke and his short retort. Uneasiness grew upon her features, squirming under the pressure of her own doubt, until she had to scramble to correct herself; "I-It was a joke," she stammered. “I know.” If only she could see a wide smirk upon his ebony lips... Or perhaps that was for the best; if it were not for her blindness, he was nearly certain that she would want to tear it off his face. He tilted his head toward her, “It was all her, by the way. Toes don't excite me,” Mirth brimmed in his voice, “Now get that image out of your head.”

"Are you part of a pack now?" Hope was alive in her words, flitting as she spoke the question. One he would quickly and inevitably squash, “No,” he said, “Packs just don't do it for me.” Too restricting, and they expect you to perform each duty they would bestow upon you.

Which was not unlike to his ties with Cairo. Having met the Tiamat Queen and the prince, he was inclined to believe the future of a royal pack was certain. For it was a throne and power they desire, was it not? Royalty was seldomly unpredictable. But he could not speculate when they would get off their ass and begin their conquest of Cyrileth. If — when — the day arrived, would he find himself amongst their ranks?

“Sanada is speaking”

@Aurelia
Sanctuary

Essie

aurelia

A small laugh escaped her as he corrected her, stating that it was the princess' 'thing' and not his. "Done," she said.

Unfortunately, he was not a part of a pack and didn't even seem interested. That struck her as strange. "Some wolf you are," she joked lightly. Her tone was a bit saddened, though, as she let her raised hopes crash. An exhausted sigh escaped her as she slowly sat down. "I wish I could find a pack that would accept someone like me," she said.

It would just be so much easier if she had some sort of support system. If her parents hadn't died... they would have been a little pack, together. They could have had more children, they could have grown... she missed her family. "Is there a reason for that?" she asked. She wondered why he had an aversion to his own kind. Wolves by nature sought each other out, though she knew that some were not so keen on that. It seemed strange to her, probably because she was always alone. Being alone for so long was a terrible thing.

TABLE BY DI
Loner

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

"Some wolf you are,"

He tilted his head, some wolf he was. He had not thought about this in depth. True, to gather and live in a group was an instinct nearly every wolf had, but it was not present in Sanada. Or, if it existed, its presence was very faint compared to his lust for freedom. Was it because he was raised by a loner mother, and therefore shied away from lifestyles that did not conform to his own? Once upon a time, Hiâ was home of a large, noble pack whose only purpose was to protect and guard, very much like the mountains that offered them sanctuary. But it had scattered all those years ago, dispersing like dust in the wind. Perhaps, if it were still around when he was born, he would have been a pack wolf. He frowned, a mere shadow passing over his features, at the bizarre thought.

Some wolf he was. He laughed.

Clearly not many shared his unnatural attitude toward the pack lifestyle; Aurelia's voice was sombre when she confessed "I wish I could find a pack that would accept someone like me," He blinked in surprise, “They don't?” Aurelia certainly was a burden, but packs carried pups and elderly wolves. She would be just like... a more permanent pup? Besides, she was resourceful, having survived this long alone, and that should lighten the burden her blindness would bring.

She brought the conversation back to him with a probing question "Is there a reason for that?" He shrugged, “Not... really?” Both corners of his lips tilted downward, “Just that I've never lived in one.” He knew many would argue it was much more beneficial for a wolf to find a pack; they would be healthier, stronger, and securer. Perhaps, that was true; though tall, Sanada was not the largest. His muscles were not at their optimum strength and fur was not as glossy. Yet, despite it all, he still recoiled from the idea of being confined in a pack. “Eh.”

“Sanada is speaking”

@Aurelia
Sanctuary

Essie

aurelia

Aurelia wasn't sure whether she should be concerned or flattered by his question. "No," she said. She had never had any luck when it came to packs or loners accepting her. Most of the time they ignored her, avoided her or attacked her. There were a few, like Sanada, that helped her... but not for long. She was often forgotten and abandoned when they found out just how much of a burden she really was.

The girl's ears flicked at his disinterest in pack life and she had to wonder if she would be better off feeling the same. It just wasn't her nature. She wanted a connection so desperately it hurt. He was just content with... being.

Oh, how wonderful that must be.

"I wouldn't even need a pack if... if I had someone." The loneliness was the worst part. She could suffer the body aches and stomach pains... but the way her heart yearned for something, anything, just about killed her some days. "At least you've got your princess," she said somberly.

A few seconds passed and her stomach gurgled again. She glanced away from Sanada's direction and then sighed. She was too tired to keep going, and now all she wanted to do was return to her den and lie down. She stood up and swayed a little before lifting her nose to sniff for the familiar scent she had left behind.

TABLE BY DI
Loner

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

"No," A sombre truth, offering a glimpse into a reality he did not know existed. She was ostracised by the society, and this unfair rejection forced her to live as an outsider, always lingering on the outskirts of the world. He felt a little stir of pity within his chest. Neither of them were in a pack, but that was where their similarities ended: he chose not to join, while she was barred from making the choice.

Again, he marvelled at the sheer strength of her will. He remembered his jest in the poppy meadows, when he asked her why wouldn't she leap off the cliff.

Truly, why had she not jumped yet?

"I wouldn't even need a pack if... if I had someone." The words themselves sounded empty. Hollow. And he had nothing to reassure her. "At least you've got your princess," He wrinkled his nose, furrows lining his muzzle. Cairo was not the remedy for his occasional loneliness—indeed, at times, she was the cause of it—but he could not dismiss Aurelia's thoughts. “If I find a pack, I'll see if I can get you in?” Only a morsel of hope, but it was better than nothing. Probably. “If not, just gather a few blind wolves and make a blind pack. Birds of a feather flock together and all that.”

“Actually, why wait?”

Tiny but audible growl her stomach emitted tugged his attention to her current problem. She rose to her paws and turned, presumably to find her way back to nowhere. “Hey, hey. I thought we were going for a walk, dear.” He took a step toward her, with his head tilting forward. “We'll have a better chance of finding something if we move.” He tossed his head as he turned away, “We're not trees.”

“Sanada is speaking”

@Aurelia

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG Intrepid Mortality