Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Figures
Loner

Essie

Stardust: 555✪

aurelia

figures i'm willing to stay cause i'm sick for your love

The girl's ears flicked at the mention of hope. It had been a long time since she'd allowed herself to do such a thing, but she couldn't help herself in the face of it. "Okay," she said agreeably. A little laugh even escaped her at his comment about starting a blind pack. "What a wreck that would be. Do you even know any other wolves like me?" Aurelia had never met another wolf with her affliction -- surely they had perished. It was a wonder she'd made it this far. Sheer luck, honestly. The Gods either really loved her... or hated her. She could not be sure which.

She continued to walk with him, wondering why he was even trying so hard. It was strange and she wasn't sure what to do about it but follow along.

Truth be told, she didn't want him to leave. He was a jerk sometimes, but he was sure better than the silence. Anything was better, honestly. "Wait," she said, pausing a step as she suddenly heard something in the distance. "Is that...?" she breathed, her words falling away. Was it prey, or another wolf? She turned her head, bumping her muzzle against Sanada's chest by accident.

She wanted to yip like an excited puppy, but she knew better. She kept quiet, her breath shaking from her muzzle as she opened her jaw slightly and inhaled deeply.

There was definitely something out there, she would just have to rely on Sanada to help her find it. She needed a meal soon.

OOC: @Sanada

TABLE BY DI
Ilios

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

Stardust: 1,065✪
I am your copper sword; I am your obsidian shield
Use me and I gleam on the battlefield

He could not be certain whether it was kind to offer her a glimpse of hope, or cruel. If what she said was true and packs were disinclined to welcome crippled wolves like her, then what chances did she have? But if there were more wolves like him, who saw injustice in this, perhaps there indeed was some hope. A soft sound of mirth escaped her, "What a wreck that would be. Do you even know any other wolves like me?" He tilted his head away, his gaze straying to their surroundings as he thought. “Not really.” He knew of two one-eyed wolves, but he had not encountered any true blind wolves. A paw lifted to rest upon her head, giving her a little pat, “You're certainly a dying breed. What about other poor souls? A pack where cripples, bastards, and broken things can gather?” A chuckle bubbled upon his ebon lips.

A familiar hint of prey scent wavered in the air, capturing both his and Aurelia's attention; Is that...?" Excitement glowed upon her face, glittered in her sightless gaze, even when silence fell upon her, rendering her mute. He tilted his muzzle to her ear and released a near hushed whisper, “Yes, a bunny rabbit.” Then, he nudged her forward, the motion somewhat hurried and urgent, a silent go on then! Heeding his quiet urging, she went forward and he followed close behind as they embarked on their first hunt together.

[ FADE TO BLACK as they scamper off to hunt some unhappy bunnies ]

“Sanada is speaking”

game of thrones reference ayyooooo
Loner

Essie

Stardust: 555✪

aurelia

figures i'm willing to stay cause i'm sick for your love

Aurelia rolled her silver eyes at his comment, but inside she couldn't help but think of what a nice place that would be. A place for all the misfits... then they wouldn't be so. She pulled out from beneath his placating paw and nipped at him playfully. As the attention shifted towards the hunt, he followed her nudge as they moved together through the forest.

Hunting with another wolf filled her with a sense of... normalcy. Typically she spent her time running about scavenging from whatever carcasses she could find. They didn't make for the best meals, but they were better than starving to death. She wished she could do this every day. The bitter loneliness was haunting and she was honestly sick of it. Would it ever end? Maybe if she just followed Sanada before he left this time, he would just... let her. She almost chuckled at the thought. It would be hard to deny her if she simply refused. Unfortunately she didn't think was brave enough to try, if only because she didn't want to endure his rejection, should he get sick of her following him.

So she would take what she could get in spurts, and take these moments to heart. They were all she had.

OOC: FADE TO BLACK @Sanada

TABLE BY DI

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG