Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] While the Moon is Still Out
Ilios

kenny
The hot springs had certainty worked their magic. The woman retreated from her last encounter feeling better than when she had arrived by the poolside. The gash on the bottom of her paw was still fresh though, and after a handful of steps, she had reacquired a significant limp. Shaking her head, the woman laughed at her luck. It seemed she couldn’t venture into a new territory without almost drowning, or catching on fire, or apparently slicing her paw pad open. Some celestial being had to be laughing with her.

Retreating through the wafting steam, a strange noise caught her attention. Drawing her back to another hot spring, she watched curiously as mysterious animals played in its water. They were unlike anything she had ever seen before and were quite funny looking. They paid little attention to her as they continued their own antics. It was quite amusing. They interacted with each other so different than the members of her own species. Sitting, she found herself getting lost in thought watching the small family.

After some time, the animals climbed out of the pool. It was bathed in moonlight, and the woman realized she had spent most of the day in these strange parts. Sinai felt her eyes widen as they rose from four feet onto two. Cocking her head, she was quite perplexed. Shifting her own weight onto her hindquarters, she felt uncomfortable even with her paws only a few inches off the ground stationary. Amazed, she watched their forms fade into the distance. Standing and retreating on her own four feet, she tried to play with her weight distribution, but she couldn’t seem to find any way to take weight off two feet. Laughing, the woman found herself wondering what other treasures the steam had hidden in its depths.

@Adair
[Image: kenny_group_by_vanillun-dcnod27.png]
Loner

post log:
end in ice

Di

A
dair had not seen the creatures that had plagued Grace the last time he had been to the hot springs. She had run to him, small and afraid, bleeding from her leg and telling him of a long-tailed, naked-face creature who had chased her away from the hot pools. Adair had done the best he could to help her, but he had never encountered such a creature in the hot springs before, and he had not known what to tell her. Was it a water demon, summoned from the depths? Was it a figment of her imagination? But now, he was forced to realize they were quite real, and just as unexplainable as they had seemed when Grace had tried to tell him of them many weeks prior.

He had been walking quite aimlessly in the steam of the springs, letting the heat relax the tense muscles in his chest and shoulders, letting the heat massage his soul. He had not been expecting to see anyone, or anything. But the fog made it hard to anticipate just who -- or what -- was coming. He had stumbled upon a pool, and inside the pool were white, long-tailed, naked-faced creatures. He had frozen in surprise, gaping openly at them. He had never seen such a strange animal before, and their movements were alien and unfamiliar to him. They preened each other with long fingers, making low noises. They sat and bathed in the hot springs. He stood there for a long while, watching them, and they seemed quite undisturbed by him. At least, they did not seem attack-ready or vicious, as Grace's wounds had indicated... Still. He was captivated by them, half-expecting them to lunge out of the water towards him. Eventually they did retreat from the pool, but they moved away from him. He stood watching as they disappeared into the mist, walking strangely on two legs -- and as a laugh echoed about in the fog, indicating someone else was there with him, just beyond the veil.

Adair stepped forward to find a warm-toned woman attempting to stand on her hind legs. He mentally added this to the list of strange things he had encountered recently. She laughed happily to herself, and she presented a warmth that mirrored that of the hot springs around them. Adair found a small smile twinging onto his lips. "Hello," he said. He wondered what she could be doing trying to stand on her hind legs when he remembered that the creatures had walked a similar way. He had never seen another creature do so. Was this woman trying to copy them? "Do you... Do you know what they are called?" he asked her hopefully. They had stymied him, and he wanted to have something to tell Grace the next time he saw her about what had tormented her here.

"...the stream will take us home"
the noble spear

table by claerie + bean : manip by claerie

@Sinai
Ilios

kenny

Taking a few tentative steps, she felt her balance shifting from one hind leg to the other and a slight ache began to form along her spine between them. Sure, there were many animals she had encountered that walked on two legs…most of them being birds, but she had never encountered animals that had four legs that chose to walk on two. With birds, Sinai had accepted they were built different, that their bodies demanded different modes of transportation. However, this new creature perplexed her. How could they choose how they wanted to walk? Trying once more, she ignored the pain. Perhaps that was how they did it. After a while, it would just become background noise.

Suddenly a voice came from behind her, and she stumbled. Crashing back down onto four feet, the woman let out a hiss of pain as her injury connected with the ground. It wasn’t as if he had snuck up on her purposefully. He stood before her but had emerged like a ghost from the steam. Following his words, it still took her a moment to locate him. Burning blue eyes shone through the wafting mist. A slight breeze wove between them, showing her his full form. Like a spirit of the past, his appearance struck her. If not for the greeting she wouldn’t have been able to tell the difference. The man that stood before her was a stranger, but he made her heart sing. She had imagined a reunion with this person since they had parted. Now her feelings were confirmed. Sinai was not sentimental, her heart didn’t long for the father of her children nor did she long for him to return to her side. They were not mates, they simply had mated, but his face calmed her. Just as before, he was the ice that soothed the flame inside her.

Shaking her head, the woman dipped her head in apology. Getting lost in the past was neither polite nor productive. She didn’t want to scare him off, even though they were unknown to each other, his familiarity comforted her. Selfishly, she wanted to steal some more of his time, if he would allow. More words tumbled into the billowing fog, and she had to shake her head sadly. “I wish I did. I have never encountered anything like them in all my travels.” She said softly. Watching their retreating forms as they became nothing more than dots on the horizon. “Have you ever seen something so curiously wonderful?” They had completely enraptured her. Most of nature fascinated her, but this was different. These creatures were amazing.

@Adair
Loner

post log:
end in ice

Di

A
dair watched as the woman reacted to his presence, coming down onto fours again to turn to face him. When their eyes met, something passed between them that he didn't catch -- they were still strangers, and he did not know the nuances of her expression as a friend or a lover might. But there was something there. A fleeting something, a small something, that made Adair feel as if there was a kind of kinship between them even though they had not even shared names. And then it was gone, the air had fizzled, the fog had settled. It was just the two of them, looking at each other, as it had been before. Something had changed, but now it was back, a suddenly snapped part fit neatly back into place. Adair hardly registered it beyond a passing strangeness that was soothed by the warmth in her gaze.

He asked her if she knew what the creatures were, and she shook her head. “I wish I did. I have never encountered anything like them in all my travels.” He was disappointed because he had hoped that she might know the answer he had been craving since he had encountered Grace here several weeks prior. “Have you ever seen something so curiously wonderful?” Adair cracked a smile as he took her in. She was already marking herself to him as a woman of feeling, a woman of passion. He could feel the empathy in her gaze, see the wonder in her eyes. She meant what she said. It was not an exaggeration. He wondered that she could be so free with her thoughts when so many in Cyrileth were closed off, mysterious. She seemed eager to share her inner thoughts with him, and he found it refreshing. He moved a bit closer, closing the awkward distance of unfamiliarity that had spanned between them.

"I wish I could say I shared your enthusiasm," he said, a bit somberly despite the soft smile on his face. "The last time I was here I met a young girl who had been attacked by such creatures. I could not put a face to the description she had given me until today." He glanced in the direction they had come. "Luckily they only got hold of her hind leg, but I would suggest caution. Though maybe they only attack small, overly-inquisitive wolves." He spoke with fondness for Grace. "My name is Adair Immortalis," he offered.

the noble spear

@Sinai
Ilios

kenny
Her passing moment of passion left her invigorated. It had been a long time since she had seen anyone that shared the looks of the father of her children and, even though she knew it was unfounded, she felt close to this man. His presence was comforting, and she didn’t want him to leave. A small smile carved onto her face as she watched him close the distance between their bodies. The last time I was here I met a young girl who had been attacked by such creatures. I could not put a face to the description she had given me until today. His words, somehow, did not surprise her.

Everything here seemed to have its own unique duality, its own ability to fascinate and maim. She idly wondered what weapons they possessed to inflict damage. In the pool she had only seen long, fleshy paws. Perhaps they had retractable claws like cats? Or their bite was venomous like a snake? Regardless, she would take the man’s advice and give them a wide birth from now on.

He spoke of the wolf of his past with such warmth, she wondered if they met habitually or if they only shared this one fleeting moment. Could he possibly care this much about a woman he met once by chance? She would have liked to think it possible, thinking back warmly on those she had met in the past few weeks. Even if she would never see the two interact herself, it was nice to be able to peek into their relationship.

“I am Sinai Tiamat. It is nice to meet you, though I am sorry to hear about your friend. Are you from Cyrileth?”

Loner

post log:
end in ice

Di

A
dair warm blue eyes seemed mirrored in the stranger's warm fiery eyes. There was something familiar about her that was impossible to place. It felt like he had met her before, or had seen her shadow lingering on the periphery of his mind... Maybe she would give him some clue as to her identity with her words. Then she spoke, and several things clicked together at once. “I am Sinai Tiamat. It is nice to meet you, though I am sorry to hear about your friend. Are you from Cyrileth?” Sinai was unfamiliar, but it was not this name that jarred his memory. It was the surname she had used: Tiamat. Yes, he knew of the Tiamats. He had met several of them before -- and there just seemed to be more and more and more of them everywhere he turned.

His expression might have betrayed his surprise for a moment before he could collect himself. She did not seem at all like Nassar, though Nassar had not seemed at all like Karnak, nor like Evanora. Perhaps they were all different in their own ways, as individuals were. But the things that tied them together -- their coloration, their curiously burning eyes -- were shared. This was why she had appeared familiar to him, then. Her eyes were mirrored in Nassar, Evanora, and Karnak, though her personality seemed unique. "Tiamat," he said, with a small, wry smile. "You are the fourth of your name I have encountered." His voice was good-natured, though he was cautious. With how Nassar had treated him, he was unsure of Sinai would share her sentiments.

"I met Karnak, and also Evanora. And then -- Nassar." He paused, ever so briefly, over the last name, but he did not offer up Nassar's threat to him immediately. "It seem you have many family members roaming about. It must be nice to have them so close?" His curiosity was polite and natural. He liked Karnak well, and hadn't spent enough time with Evanora to really have an opinion her. Nassar he deeply distrusted, but he did not know Sinai's relation to her, and so he would not be so bold with that little tidbit yet.

the noble spear

@Sinai
Ilios

kenny
As she said her name, familiarity blossomed in his cool eyes. The warmth of understanding melted the frost that had been trapped in his eyes, and all that remained was the blue warmth of a sunny day. A brief second of shock passed in his gaze as well, and she couldn’t help but chuckle. Ah, so he has met my family. Judging by his emotions, a recent encounter with the Tiamat clan had not gone quite as this one was going. But that wasn’t really telling. She was unique in their family. Sinai had hopped one of her sisters children would have received the same warmth that their Aunt held, but it seemed that was only a fantasy.

The rest of the Tiamat’s in these lands were pure flames. They didn’t carry the gentle warmth that she fostered.

Tiamat, you are the fourth of your name I have encountered.

It was now her turn to be shocked. He had met almost all of them, was it luck or was this man to be of importance in her life here? Only time would tell, and she brushed the thought off easily. As he listed the names of her kin she let out another soft laugh.

“Ah you have had the pleasure of meeting the Matriarch. I hope she hasn’t ruined us for you.”

She spoke only with warmth. Knowing full and well the strength of Nassar’s flame, Sinai was more concerned for the young man than for her sister. Glancing at his pelt quickly, she smiled at him apoologetically.

“Her flame burns a bit more vibrantly than my own.”

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG