Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] News
Ilios

kenny

Stardust: 385✪

It had been a few months since Sinai had arrived in Cyrileth. It had taken her a little while to get used to it. Much of her time was spent wandering, meeting new people and exploring the new world she had entered into. It had been a good few months, and it was only sweetened by her return to her sister each day. Nassar had been reluctant, but that much Sinai had expected. Her quiet persistence seemed to have won over the Matriarch, but she never truly could tell. Even for Sinai, there were moments that she couldn’t read the fiery woman. The younger sister didn’t mid waiting. Their relationship had always been dependent on her effort, and her love was undying. There was little that could be done to turn her from Nassar once again.

Though in all the joy, there was still one bitter pain that ate at her heart during the night. Five pieces of her shattered soul lay far away. Staring at her reflection in the stream before her, the woman watched as her face warped slowly from one ghost to the next. Images of her abandoned children flashed before her eyes, and tears swelled in them. Everyday spent with Nassar and her children drove the splinters in her heart deeper and deeper. Though it was her own choice to leave them, it was out of necessity. They were not safe in the Tiamat clan as themselves. Their identity needed to be shrouded in secrecy to ensure their survival, but here? In a land far from her family? Could they finally be freed from their shackles?

@Nassar
[Image: kenny_group_by_vanillun-dcnod27.png]
Ilios

post log:

Claerie

Stardust: 235✪

Mother has passed—

Dark lashes veiled ember eyes. The she-wolf's fire had dulled to the glow of coals. Her expression was pensive, ears drooping absentmindedly as she thought. Stray was the wind that ruffled her fur, kissing her cheeks and brow. It whispered of forgiveness, but of whom? To who? Was it a daughter rubbed raw, one far too sore for tears, as she let loose the ashes into the breeze? Or was it a mother, one betrayed and bitter, who let the grudges burn away upon her deathbed?

Or was it merely the ache of a weary heart, one filled with regrets and words unspoken?

Nassar swallowed, a knot tight within her stomach.

Both her and Ankh had betrayed much of what they had known, yet both had preached righteousness. Mother and daughter who had so often warred had, in the end, danced as one. Yet, even still, Nassar could not sort the emotions left to fester within her heart.

Without her anger to fall back into, without the flames to carry her to her throne, she was lost.

She closed her eyes and sucked in a deep breath, gently sorting the memories and emotions into a box. It would be tucked against Kohl's and left to rest til nightmares and fever got the better of her.

All that was left were the physical reminders: the pale fur of Sinai, the pink eyes of Nassar's sons. It was in every vestige of her mother's memory, however, that Nassar felt dissonance. Ahkoris had gone to adventure on his own, leaving with barely a word in farewell. Karnak lived as though his heart had been left, still beating, within their home. Sinai... was one that Nassar wished to love again, to be sisters with, yet could not fully trust.

Such things were wounds, however, and they always healed with time.

Rising to her paws, Nassar followed the scent of her sister to a burbling creek. She allowed the crunch of leaves to announce her presence and a dip of her head was granted in greeting.

The sisters were more cordial now and, while Nassar could not be called affectionate, there was fondness in her eyes. She appreciated the familiarity that Sinai brought.

"Adjusting well to Cyrileth?"

artwork © soar
Ilios

kenny

Above the gentle babble of the stream before her came delicate words from her sister. “Adjusting well to Cyrileth? Her heart warmed as she saw the softness her sisters eyes held, but then it shattered. Dropping her gaze back to meet her own eyes in the water, she slowly remembered what she was about to do. Who she was about to become to her sister. Once again she brought her eyes up to meet her sisters. Their warmth, gave her the strength to continue. Nassar always had been her rock, just as she had hoped she had been hers. A small smile lined her face as her sister reached her.

“Its all so.... different.”

These lands were not like those they had before. Winter still had her claws in this land, the ground was hard with frost and the trees were still lined with snow. It was beautiful, but it was alien. At first she had been eager, eager to explore it all and gather bearings. But as time passed she realized how naïve she had been. The winter had been tough, and her frame showed its effects clearly. She wasn’t malnourished yet, but her already slender frame grew thinner each day. Looking over her sister, she saw the others success, her strength. It was something Sinai always idolized. Nassar could be thrown into any situation and she would always come out fighting.

Normally, they stood for the same team. What would happen when they were opposing forces? Would her sisters righteous blaze smother her own? Or could the ice that lingered in her heart freeze their relationship in this place forever?

“It feels good to be rid of so many watchful eyes.”

She said this with a sad smile. At one point they had both loved their home. Loved the role they were to play in their culture. Slowly, the corruption that had infected their kin had corroded even their hearts. Although she missed the home she had once had dearly, it was nice not to carry the weight of their lives on her shoulders. Their burning gaze never strayed from the matriarch and her sister, they were all the family had. They were the chosen. She wondered if her sister felt the same? They seemed so different, but Sinai knew deep down they were the same.

Ilios

post log:

Claerie

fury forged in firelight...

"It's all so—" "different," the sisters said in unison.

With an apologetic smile, Nassar bridged the distance between them. Fallen nettles rustled as tans paws passed over. Above, the aged trees swayed. While familiar in nature, the forests were different in essence. Here, the pines had never known the thunder of a thousand paws as the Tiamat empire trained and warred. Having not felt the kiss of flame, the wood was swathed in darkness. Given time that could change—but it often felt as though time was in short supply.

Settling onto her haunches, Nassar relaxed alongside Sinai. They were close enough to touch and, given a few more months, perhaps that idle camaraderie would return. Sinai was no traitor in Nassar's heart nor would she ever be. Pride and stubbornness, however, would remain the matriarch's fatal flaws.

“It feels good to be rid of so many watchful eyes.”

Pain warped Nassar's expression and, for a moment, she closed her eyes. A furrow had formed in her brow and a grimace traced itself across her lips. Those "watchful eyes" had once been the kind glances of friends and family. It had been a blessing to be watched, a privilege even. Once the crusaders had came, however, to be watched was to be brought before the inquisition.

"I'm glad you found us," Nassar said at last. The ache of her mother's passing had caused old wounds to weep, but at least Ankh had not died alone. Sinai had been there to care for her even in the darkest hours. At first Nassar had thought her sister a traitor for such actions, but now, she could not help but nurse relief. Otherwise, it would have been hard to forgive herself for leaving her mother's side.

"..."
...and a crown of molten gold
template by bean
Ilios

kenny

As their two voices rang out together in the small clearing, Sinai let out a cheerful giggle. How long had it been since they had been like this? The informal comradery was something that the two had experienced when they were younger, but age had made them grow apart. The long nights sitting up joking, playing, gossiping as girls had slowly tapered off. Most days each sister was pulled in the opposite direction of the other, and the weight of their responsibilities allowed each to fall into a deep, greedy slumber at night’s first caress.

The days where they had been each others only confidants came to an end as they grew as well. Each woman found others in their lives to turn toward within the Tiamat clan. Sinai watched her sister blossom in the spotlight as she, herself, flourished in Nassar’s shadow. Their bond, as most do, changed as they grew up. However, the fierce love she felt for her sister never died. Every morning Nassar was the first thing she thought of, and she went to bed dreaming of the fiery queen. Even though they were apart most night, the ghosts of their memories danced through the woman’s head. Echo’s of chilidsh laughter echoed in every corner of her den, and soothed her off to sleep each night. Her older sister was everything, their future, their hope, their blaze.

The same love rang true in Sinai’s eye’s today, and she could feel her heart breaking. The news she had for her sister would shatter all the progress they had made. Nassar was not quick to trust, nor did she give it away freely. Sinai had spent countless night’s, sleepless and tear stained, thinking of how this day would happen. It had killed her just trying to decide if she could survive telling her sister. In the end, she had found some hope. Seeing Nassar with her own children reminded Sinai of the Mother she had always been to her pups. She was a feirce Matriarch. She ruled with an iron fist, but at her core was nothing but love. It was clear to see that she cherished her children, that love had kindled the weak flame of hope in Sinai that perhaps she would understand. Perhaps Nassar would remember the crushing panic and dread she felt when Cario had gone missing. Perhaps the icy grip of not knowing what had become of Akhoris and Evanora was still tight around her chest.

Nassar knew what it was like to fear for her children, that alone gave her sister hope that one day... one day she would understand. I’m glad you found us. Her heart clenched at these words. These were the words she had been longing to hear from her sister. Affirmation finally that she had made the right choice, that she was moving in the right direction. Why then did her chest burn? Falling to the ground, she found a seated position. Finally allowing her emotions to bubble to the surface, she looked her sister in the eyes. Could she see the turmoil that laced her gaze? Did she feel the dread of suspicion that this meeting was not as carefree as it began?

“Nassar, I have something to confess... I have disgraced you. I have stolen something that belongs to you. I need you to know that I will regret that for the rest of my time on this earth. I fear I have done the one thing I have sworn I would never do, which is to harm you in anyway... I am afraid that I have done so. While I will forever repent for these actions, I need to preface this by saying I do not regret the result of my deceit. ”

Once the words started, she could not hold them back. It was as if she was vomiting, her body heaved out these words. Unprofound, direct, and unfiltered they came up, bared to the world. It was time she faced her judgment day.

“I gave birth to five healthy pups about 7 months ago.”

OOC: So this thread is technically taking place in January and the pups are 1 year technically right now so hopefully I did the maths righ? I hate this lol I’m sorry

@Nassar
Ilios

post log:

Claerie

When Nassar glanced at her sister, it was with a small smile upon her lips and a gentle glow of affection within her eyes. In turn, she had expected such ease in Sinai. Often their relationship, in spite of all their fire, resembled the moon and the tide. Nassar would tug in one direction and Sinai would follow, never one to make waves and assert herself. It was not that Sinai was weak but rather that she understood that the cost of peace was high. Her emotional intelligence outweighed all others and so she often allowed her sister to burn up and settle before the ashes were stirred. And so Nassar's surprise was palpable when she witnessed the turmoil in golden eyes.

“Nassar, I have something to confess... I have disgraced you." In an instant, the fur along Nassar's spine ruffled. "I have stolen something that belongs to you." A furrow formed within the matriarch's brow as she rose to her paws. All the while, her sister remained seated, crushed beneath the weight of the burdens she carried.

"I need you to know that I will regret that for the rest of my time on this earth. I fear I have done the one thing I have sworn I would never do, which is to harm you in anyway... I am afraid that I have done so. While I will forever repent for these actions, I need to preface this by saying I do not regret the result of my deceit. ” Sinai's sweet voice was layered with concern. The words she spoke were alarming at best and Nassar struggled to guess just what Sinai had done. Had she... killed their mother? Hurt one of Nassar's children? Just what could she have possibly done—

“I gave birth to five healthy pups about 7 months ago.”

Nassar blinked. Her eyes searched Sinai's face on reflex, then her chest and what little she could see of the she-wolf's belly between her front legs. Five... pups? White noise skittered within Nassar's ears as she faltered.

"Why?"

The question slipped free of her lips. Then she straightened, eyes narrowing. "With who?"

"..."
template by bean
Ilios

kenny

SINAI TIAMAT

As the fur ruffled along her sisters back, Sinai’s stomach dropped. This was what she deserved. This was all her fault. In an instant Nassar’s demeanor had changed. The soft flame of acceptance she had presented moments earlier, steadily grew with her rage. It licked at Sinai’s throat, and demanded her honesty. It was time for her to speak her truth, her whole truth. The matriarch rose to her feet, aggression radiated off her as she tried to figure out just what her sister had done. Heat swirled around them as one flame grew and the other was threatened to be smothered.

In an instance the glass around them shattered. Cold air rushed in as shock replaced Nassar’s anticipation.

Why? With who?

Each question sent an arrow through her. The first, through her heart, the second directly between her eyes. Snapping her eyes closed, Sinai couldn’t bear to face her sisters gaze in that moment. Two arrows, two kill shots. The ruler was not messing around. Of course she had seen her old sister this way before. She was a fierce ruler and was not shy in interrogations. Sinai had watched her rip wolves apart, baring their soul to the world, and leave the ruins behind. Never before had she felt the weight of this gaze. Never before had she deserved this gaze. Taking a deep breath, she opened her eyes. They would not close in shame again. She would not avoid what she deserved.

“I don’t know. I didn’t intend for it to happen... and once it did, I couldn’t bring myself to end it. As for the father. I don’t know his name. It was in a moment of weakness that I allowed him to breach my walls. His identity is perhaps my worst betrayal. ”

These words should be enough for her sister to realize just what she had done. More specifically just who she had slept with. She had let one of them into her bed. She let herself be defiled by one of their rank. One of those wolves that had jeered at them, telling them to forsake their ways for they were barbaric. His kind made her sick, but he hadn’t been like them. He hadn’t wanted to change her way of life, and had even praised it. His admiration of her strength was what did her in, no one before had ever looked at her as if she held any strength.

Perhaps it was stupid, perhaps it was a trick. If she had told Nassar any of this, she would cast her younger sister aside and brand her a fool. In her heart, she believed him to be a benevolent man, but that wouldn’t matter to her sister. Sinai in her eyes was the worst type of traitor, and her sister deserved her honesty.

“The father was a missionary.”

The words tasted like blood, and she could feel the sharp pain of glass dragging up her throat as she spoke. Whatever punishment her sister demanded, she would take. Even if it meant death. Would that be a fair trade? The life of a betrayer in exchange for the tainted life she had brought into this world?

“I am speaking”

table made by soar
Ilios

post log:

Claerie

"I don't know."

The mewling cry of falsehood slipped free of ebon' lips and, all at once, something predatory ignited in Nassar's amber eyes. Rage burned away the veneer of sisterhood until only the smoking remains of criminal were left within the ash. Nassar took a step forward, her snout wrinkling as a silent snarl painted her maw. You don't know, Sinai? Memories skittered about Nassar's consciousness, feverishly sifting through the sweet moments in which her sister had supported her through ascension. Had Sinai's smile hid more devilish intentions? All along, had the softer sister plotted to overthrow Nassar's line? Was it insurrection or a latent thirst of power that had driven Sinai to such madness?

"I didn’t intend for it to happen—"

Nassar snarled then, a thunderclap to break the feeble explanation. Sinai continued, however, quick to wave her hands over a pregnancy that never should have been.

"As for the father. I don’t know his name. It was in a moment of weakness that I allowed him to breach my walls—"

The matriarch growled again, advancing another step as the fur along her spine ruffled. She seethed, tightening the circle she had begun to walk around her sister. So Sinai just met a man? She did not ask his name? Sinai expected her sister to believe that she just brushed her hips against this man's paws and, voila!, there were puppies?

"The father was a missionary.”

Such betrayal ran deep. It punched Nassar in the gut and, once stricken, she retaliated. Thunder—as it often did—preceded lightning. She leaped, aggressively throwing her sister to the earth and pinning her beneath the savage, muscular weight of a woman who had trained for war. Nassar's face was a mask of fury and, for a fearful moment, blood lust. Spittle flew from her lips as she bore down on Sinai, teeth ghosting by the jugular that so desperately demanded to be severed.

Then her stomach lurched. A moment's clarity dispersed the smoke and she witnessed the look within Sinai's eyes. There was fear but grim acceptance lurked there too.

Disgust for her sister—and for herself—caused Nassar to pull violently and abruptly away.

"Go." The Tiamat seethed. "I don't want to look at you."

"You are no Tiamat—and neither are your children."

"..."
template by bean

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG