Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] The Color of Snow
Ilios

post log:

Muse

Stardust: 35✪

MINYA TIAMAT

It had finally stopped snowing and Minya stood out against the bleached landscape like a drop of amber. Her coat was a gentle mix of creams, and her underside—which was currently buried in a snowdrift—was a light tan. Her legs were long for her age, but she was still struggling to push through the snow that had accumulated during the last squall. In some places, the snow was piled as high as her belly. Wide eyes, the color of two clear pools, glazed around her in wonder.

Everything was more beautiful with snow on it. The thought came to her like a revelation. She and her siblings had been lead across the desert. Across mountains, even! And yet, it was the snow that had rendered her speechless. It was so quiet that even the crunches of it giving way beneath her paws was no more than a blush of pink color on the outskirts of her vision. Even the trees seemed quiet. The pines stood straight and tall, un-creaking, unmoving, their branched heavy with the extra weight of white.

It was all so new. This newness pressed at her like a push to the rump, and she let it guide her forward, her attention on the landscape, the birds wheeling overhead, too far away to make out clearly, and of course the colors. A thwomp of snow fell from a branch close by, and Minya saw the sound in a soft pinkish-red hue in her vision. She trotted closer, curious. Then seeing it was nothing of real interest, she pushed on into a thicker copse of pines.

Here the snow underfoot wasn't as deep. Most of it had been trapped in the branches overhead. The grey slate of the sky peeked down at the young wolf as she weaved through the buried underbrush. She paused one to dip her dark nose into the snow in front of her experimentally, an act she regretted as a jolt of cold rushed through her.

Her tail, no longer the skinny thing it was when she was a pup, flicked behind her as she wrinkled her muzzle. Then she let out a bark of discontent. She wasn't saying anything in particular in the bark, but she let it burst from her throat all the same.

“I am speaking.”

table made by soar
Ilios

post log:
S P A R K S

Raven

Stardust: 240✪
Snow was a strange concept. It was so cold, so devastatingly volitile... yet enchanting at the same time. Icicles were her favourite; how could something so sharp and deadly seem so beautiful at the same time? The way the light reflected through the clear, frozen water was a beauty to behold; even the small, slender cracks of ice and droplets of water that dripped from the tips. Since arriving in this strange new land, Ismailia had procured a fascination with them in the time she had alone.

It was rare to see her so far away from her siblings; as of late, they had been her rock. The voices to push her forwards; they kept each other warm on the coldest nights and spurred each other on when they could no longer stand. Although Ismailia would never admit it, or show it, they had given her strength and hope... more than the journey to their mother had shaped them.

Yet a bark; one with a familiar tone caused her ash-tipped ears to perk. Bright, ocean pools were torn away from the icicles that dangled from the Pines to a figure, one she knew well. "Minya!" Her sing-song voice called out. Quickly, the fire-toned girl rushed towards her sibling, her gangly legs struggled against the force of snow, yet Ismailia made it seem like childsplay, gracefully gliding with a perfect gait. "Sweet sister," She crooned, aiming to give Minya some comfort. "What ails you?" The bark seemed frustrated; perhaps she was simply bored? But how could she be; they were on the precepice of a new life, a new home... One where they could thrive as a family once more. Or perish into ash.

@Minya
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"Not all ice bends to fire."
Ilios

post log:

Muse

MINYA TIAMAT

Minya had definitely taken to the snow the fastest of all her siblings. They were all children of fire, born of a lick of desire that had burned through two lovers and labeled them as true outcasts of their family name, but Minya's crystal blue eyes acted as a window to her soul. She had something within her that was as cool and still as the blanket of snow that stretched across the forest floor in every direction, blanketing every surviving leaf and branch of evergreen. Like her sisters, she would always be a child of flame, but there was something more to her that countered the Tiamat that had given them all a unique identity.

Her sharp cry had not been one of desperation, but Minya missed the closeness of her siblings, especially her brother, Khusus, and her other blue-eyed sister, Ismailia. They were the quieter trio of children, less apt to disturb the chemistry of the family group and upset Minya's sensitive disposition. When they were apart, the young femme felt their absence like a hole on her chest.

She didn't have to wait long before Ismailia came buffing through the snow drifts to stand by her side. Her sister always moved with a grace that Minya had yet to possess. She was colored like a lick of flame, her coat contrasting the sharp blueness of her eyes and her voice, which was always the color of a crystal pool to Minya. Seeing it was always like drinking after a long bought of being thirsty. "Sweet sister," she said now, the color soft around Minya's vision. "What ails you?"

"I'm all right," Minya quipped. She didn't want her sister to worry. "I just missed you, and I was wondering where everyone was. I haven't seen mother since yesterday, and Khusus and Badari since this morning." They often convened to sleep with one another, often with their mother right there at their sides. Minya still wasn't accustomed to the quiet of being alone in the snowy world.

“I am speaking.”

table made by soar
Ilios

post log:
S P A R K S

Raven

Outcasts. The silent word they never spoke, never mentioned. But all knew. They were not considered pure blooded. Not born from flame. Pherhaps Badari and Khusus felt different, but Ismailia secretly knew the truth. But it was painful-to know that you did not belong. Yet so desperatley she wanted too! Oh how her heart yearned for recognition, to belong. To know the Tiamat name and not live in the its shadow. To rise as one of them. Instead of disregarded and thrown away... Would Nassar recognize them as such? Or would she dismiss them? What would they do then? Perhaps not all of them would be turned away... Badari, the golden child, the favorite... she was a Tiamat without even trying.

The lighter form of Minya was a soft relief, those crystal pools wide and open. Like soft arms pulling her into an embrace. The cold did not seem so present, the sting of her paws under thick snow did not bother her. "I'm all right," Ismailia's posture, as ever was regal and elegant. Defined and quaint. Yet her pup-like features still held the picture perfect promise of youth as she listened wholeheartedly, intently. "I just missed you, and I was wondering where everyone was. I haven't seen mother since yesterday, and Khusus and Badari since this morning." The worries that came from Minya would often mirror her own. Ismailia tried not to have a "preferred" sibling; they were all as equal in her mind... but Minya held a special place within her heart, they were similar in more ways than one.

Her thin lips grew taught, leaning forward to nuzzle against the muted firey tones of her sister; a soothing hum whispered from her ivory jaws. "Worry not. Khusus and Badari are probably off exploring! This is a whole new world... our new home." Her voice was soft and light-aimed to sooth the trauma Minya was experiencing. "They will be home soon." That she was sure of, no matter how independent and reckless they seemed; the five of them had always slept near each other, protecting one another from the cold and whatever life threw at them. It was how they were, how they always had been. How they should be.

"Now, chin up." Her russet crown dove under Minya's chin and softly bumped it upwards. Then, she pulled away; a warming smile gracing her features. "We are finally here! In our home; it is our destiny." As she spoke, her tail waved quickly behind her, plush furs sweeping against the snow. Her shoulders rolled back and chest puffed out-it was her attempt to rise the fire, stoke it inside of Minya. Bring the confidence out. They would need it...

@Minya

Ilios

post log:

Muse

MINYA TIAMAT

Home. The word elicited a surge of emotions in the young femme. Minya's icy blue eyes swam slightly as she felt first the pang of loss, and then the unmistakable swell of fresh hope warm her limbs. She blinked up at Ismailia, who stood just a couple of inches taller than her and was glad that her sister's strong blue eyes reflected her own. Ismailia's gaze radiated confidence. Looking into those eyes, there could be no question that their small band was doing the right thing. They would be home soon.

"Now, chin up," her sister told her, buffing her chin gently. They smiled at each other. Minya found her sister's grin infectious. "Thanks, Lia," Minya said gratefully. Ismailia always had a way of bringing out her best qualities. After hearing her sister's crystal blue voice—smooth and liquid in her vision—she felt like she could be just as sure of herself, just as strong.

Minya drove after her sister, pushing the snow to either side of her chest in gentle puffs of pink. She glanced over her shoulder as she did so. Minya knew her siblings felt cast away by the Tiamats who were now in the desert far behind them, but there was something about the drive in her siblings' hearts that she was lacking. The work Lia had just used... destiny...

Minya felt as if she already had everything she needed, right here in this family. There was nothing more to prove within her. There was no need to prove she was made of fire, that she was a true Tiamat. It was something that burned within her siblings. But within her... Minya glanced around at the shards of ice hanging crystalline from the branches of the evergreens. Perhaps within her, there was only the clear nothingness of ice.

"Lia..." she said. Minya had come to a stop, her eyes round with worry. She took a deep breath, preparing herself to ask something she knew she could only ask while she was alone with her sister. This was something someone like Badari would never understand. "What if I don't want to prove that I'm a Tiamat?"

“I am speaking.”

table made by soar
Ilios

post log:
S P A R K S

Raven

She felt the weight like it was her own. The heavy heart-ache. The slump of her shoulders. Ismailia mirrored the sadness and anxiety that was within Minya. Her heart reached out for her; wanting to soothe and take away any pain she felt... Yet she could not. All she could do was comfort and whisper words of encouragement. Ismailia hated to see anyone and Minya in particular, this way.

"Thanks, Lia," Soft words whispered into the cool air. Yet it seemed that she had done the right thing; a grin formed upon the paler features of Minya. This took away some of the concerned expression that pulled at her brows. "Always." Ismailia responded with assurance. No matter what Minya would need; she would do her best to help, like it would be vice-versa. The year they had spent upon this world had forged an inseparable bond within the Litter. It was ironic, perhaps a blessing that in their Mother's absence their need for affection had strengthened them. Made them depend upon one another. Family.

Yet the worry came back within her sister's eyes. Those icy pools rounded with fear. She seemed more pup-like than ever, Ismailia's happy expression faded as the words whispered from Minya's jaws. "What if I don't want to prove that I'm a Tiamat?"

The words dug into her chest like a knife, wrenching and twisting. Pulling and tearing. She found her breath hitch within her throat; finding no words. Yet those big, blue eyes demanded council. Demanded a response.
"You..." She took a moment, pulling in a large inhale of oxygen. The battle raged a furious war inside of her--this... they were Tiamat's! In a sense, Minya would be right... why should they prove it? But that was not what Minya was speaking, no, there was a hidden truth.
"If..." Fiery crown shook, something inside of her pulled at her, gnawing her insides. Get a grip! No matter the clash that was roaring like a wildfire inside, she must respond logically, properly. "Is... that how you feel?" Her deeper blue pools searched Minya's eyes and saw a scared, young pup. Scared of abandonment. But no matter what, Lia told herself that she would never leave Minya...Even if she did not want to be a Tiamat.

"I.. mean, we should not have to prove anything." Oh, her heart ached. "But... you do not want to?"

Not a Tiamat.

"Ismailia speaks."

"Minya speaks."
table ▶▶claerie. manip ▶▶ raven

@muse

Ilios

post log:

Muse

MINYA TIAMAT

As soon as the words left her mouth, Minya felt a sour taste bloom on her tongue. The tang of shame coated her palate as emotions flickered like a tiny flame across her sister's blue eyes. Minya felt herself become smaller, and her eyes flicked down to her paws, which were buried in matching hollows of snow. She had said the wrong thing. Ismailia was full of the burning, insatiable idea that they were rightfully Tiamats. Loyal. Independent. Proud. Almost all of Minya's siblings felt that way...

But Minya was different.

She didn't think it was important if they were Tiamat's or not. It wasn't that she didn't feel like a Tiamat... but she also didn't feel the fire that licked the rest of her kin. She was happy with their simple band of outlaws, traveling as long as they had each other. As long as they never left each other.

Minya's tail, still missing its adult plush-ness, curled close to her body. "I don't think we have to prove anything," she said. Then, her voice grew stronger as she became surer of her words. "We shouldn't have to prove anything. We have each other. I don't feel like I have to be anything other than Minya."

She shivered and took a few paces closer to her sister. The thin outer layer of snow crunched with a soft pink hue in her vision as her weight pressed down on it. When they were close enough, Minya nuzzled into her sister's neck. The tiny crystals of snow that were clinging to the tips of Ismailia's fur melted at Minya's warm touch. "I want to be a Tiamat," Minya said. "But there's nothing to prove. We already are Tiamats."

“I am speaking.”

table made by soar
Ilios

post log:
S P A R K S

Raven

Ismailia rarely let her emotions through, rarely let them control her. Rarely, would she loose her cool. She could feel her heart thump and hear the blood rushing through her ears. Yet it was Minya's expression, the lowering of her muted-flamed body and curl of her tail that faded away Lia's unwelcome anger and shock now it left a sour taste within her mouth and regret to take place instead. "I don't think we have to prove anything," So soft, so quiet. Those words chipped away at the perfect mask Ismailia held. Her oceanic gaze widened. Minya was right..."We shouldn't have to prove anything. We have each other. I don't feel like I have to be anything other than Minya." Deep down, Ismailia agreed, but there was something fighting against it. Something screaming. She felt the need to prove herself. She had the fire that kept on flickering. She belonged. Here, with the whole family. As Equal.

A soft sigh rippled through her flared nostrils. "You... are right." As Minya drew closer and affectionately nuzzled her neck she realized that she needed that reassurance. It gave her a boost of confidence and soothed the ache within her chest. "I want to be a Tiamat," Ismailia's eyes closed as she craned her head to nuzzle into the nape of Minya. It was surprising; she had never really realized that she now stood a few inches higher... when did that happen? "But there's nothing to prove. We already are Tiamats." The words caused her ears to pin to her fire-kissed crown. "But, I fear that we are not in their eyes..."

Sinai had lied to them all.

"Ismailia speaks."

"Minya speaks."

@minya

Ilios

post log:

Muse

MINYA TIAMAT

As the two sisters embraced, they looked like a lick of flame against the wintery backdrop—one muted orange coat, the other blazing auburn, seamlessly blended with mottled creams and russet brown. Together, they seemed more like a true blaze than they ever could apart. Minya felt her tidal wave of emotions surge and reseed as she inhaled her sister's familiar scent. They were no longer pups, but that scent would always bring the smaller femme back to that time in her life. The time of safety and warmth and play. You... are right," Ismailia said into their embrace. "But, I fear that we are not in their eyes..."

And this was the conflict that ailed her siblings' hearts. It was the struggle that had sent them trekking across the desert, and then the mountains, and now into an unknown forest in search of a home, and their mother that awaited them at the end of their journey. Minya sighed. "I know, Lia," she said, shortening her sister's name. "But they are there and we are here. We were forced to leave, but aren't we starting over again so we can make something new? Something that's more than just being a Tiamat?"

Minya tilted her muzzle up and gave her sister's cheek a gentle lick. "I understand that you and Badari and Khusus feel like you have something to prove... but I don't. I'm going to have to support you. And you are going to have to support me. I'm just afraid..." she trailed off, uncertain of how to voice her thoughts. Finally, she did. "I'm afraid you won't agree with me, and you'll want me to be something I'm not."

“I am speaking.”

table made by soar
Ilios

post log:
S P A R K S

Raven

As children, Ismailia was always one of the first to emrbace. The first to soothe and wipe away the tears. How odd it was now that the roles had changed. It was Minya, now that soothed her worry. Took away some of the pain that had bottled up inside. This was all so foreign to Ismailia, it almost felt wrong. But here, she had felt safe. Here in Minya's embrace, Nassar's scornful gaze would not hurt her.

"I know, Lia," A nickname used by those that were closest. One that gave her a spark to wipe away the tears. "But they are there and we are here. We were forced to leave, but aren't we starting over again so we can make something new? Something that's more than just being a Tiamat?" Ismailia's gaze hardened. Minya was right, ultimately. Now they had the ability to make a new life. But one that was shadowed by their family.

"I understand that you and Badari and Khusus feel like you have something to prove... but I don't. I'm going to have to support you. And you are going to have to support me. I'm just afraid..." The supportive kiss was what Ismailia needed to pull herself together. The fires that raged, soothed. The ice brought clarity to the wave of emotions and locked away her insecurities. "I'm afraid you won't agree with me, and you'll want me to be something I'm not." The words brought her porcelain mask back into place. She took a step backwards, as to gaze into the crystal pools of Minya's innocent-looking gaze. "I will never force you, Minya. You are who you are." She knew now that Minya was different... but that was okay. Just like Arsinoé, Ismailia would love all her siblings no matter the outcome. "We are family." Her voice was stronger now. "Me, you, Badari, Khusus and Arsinoé.... we are all that matter." She knew now that her strength would lie in her siblings support.

"Ismailia speaks."

"Minya speaks."

@minya

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG