FOLKLORE

[ P ] Observed Wonder

Nastasya
Let me carry your sins

When he hadn't tried at all to dodge her, be it dunking out of her way or moving to the side, she was very much bewildered. It wasn't like everyone she ran into she did this to, so she really didn't know what to expect and instantly assumed it was because she hadn't given him any time to react. Even if that was the case, she did not feel claws of his hinds dig into her gut to rip her free of her organs or notice him pull away at all, the only noticeable thing being his little puff of air from having it knocked out of him. That bit made her feel bad, not wishing to hurt him in any way, shape or form. With every unfocused movement, each strand that grazed her nose, she took in his scent. While her own gradually rubbed off on him, she did her best to memorize the equivalent of a fingerprint but it wasn't like she was rashly snorting into his fur, only allowing whatever cloaked around her to give that clearer reading of whom he was. Of course, things were skewed based on places he had been, places among Hia seeming to be the most dominate on his fur, which made since seeing as that is where they were now.

Her ears formerly flattened along her skull, sprang forward in an alert position when he rejected her eager plea of gratitude, tempted to swiftly pull herself away but was quickly mended with the return of thanks to her. She wondered if his thanks were of the same reason, though those thoughts were just as quickly interrupted at the feeling of paws on her, as if dragging her into a deeper embrace. The delicate and awkward way everything graduated toward made her all the more feeling like her heart would bust from her chest, realizing just how unique and special this dark pelted male was. Being so close, she could see the wisps of russet that touched the tips of his mostly black coat she thought before was just a trick of the eye. If she hadn't been already in retreat mode, she might have examined them all the more closer, however, she would not overstay her welcome into the kind man's arms.

As she raised her body from him and gave him some space once more, it wasn't as purposely distanced as she had kept him before but enough space not to be hovering, she noticed the gentle release. She took to standing and was surprised he did not pull himself back up to all fours, lounging like he was ready to be painted by the best of artists. It was his eyes though, that drew her in, mimicking the sun above. It was strange to come across such a pure gaze, one that held no hostility or trepidations, instead a wave of honesty and continual attention. Oh a name! Raiden...Raiden. Taka? She was a tad thrown off by him adding a name before it, not sure if it was one of a title or of family, either way it seemed unusual to place it before the name one went by. "I'm Nastasya Vasiliev," she started upon the pause, thinking he was done speaking.

When she was proven wrong, she closed her mouth and listened, expecting nothing in particular to be said but still heard everything with equal anticipation. Her head tilted a good full ninety degrees to the left, never really hearing anyone think she was knowledgeable on anything other than maybe her healing comprehension. It wasn't a compliment she knew how to take but it didn't seem he was done talking just yet as he drifted only for a moment. Slowly her head began to return upright as he continued on about not letting opportunities be passed. It was what followed that truly sent her for a loop and her brain seemed to malfunction for a moment as she froze up and stared at him blankly for a second or two. This was different and in some ways out of the blue, with names barely poured into the chilly air around them.

As she absorbed his request, she returned mostly back to normal besides the tears that welled up along the rim of her eyes, feeling like all this was some wonderful dream. If it wasn't for the freeze that rocked her very core, she might have thought was all it was, though the chill was temporarily replaced by a relentless warmth. "Be as bold as you want. Yes, of course! ...Please," she sniffled just a little, it clear in her tone that she was crying tears of happiness. Taking a seat, she gently took a paw to wipe away the salty liquid that muddied her vision. Be it her as a teacher, friend, sister, mother, lover; she would be more than happy to have anyone by her side. "If I hadn't already sm-smothered you, I'd do so right now. Plus what I was going to show you looks best in the light of day, not that its far, not at all," she cooed softly, if not a tad tease threatening him with more affection but more meditated this time.

"Oh and it's an absolute delight to meet you, Raiden," she beamed, tail swaying with the joy that wanted to escape.

It did not take much time for her to return to her paws and start her efforts back up the tilt until she had reached where her paw prints had diverted from the path she had originally been traveling. She continued on a couple yards further till she was against the cliff wall, waiting for him to join her. It wasn't just the fact she was traveling in snow that she felt as though she was walking on clouds now.

“I am speaking”
table made by soar

@Raiden

[Image: dcuf81q-4aaec622-dcb1-4a6c-a9e7-46d457f84823.png]

TAKA RAIDEN

Nastasya Vasiliev. He committed the name to memory, noting how it would slide off of the tongue and wondering if there were any other Vasiliev's in Hia or Cyrileth... or if she were the only one. Her scent spoke not of an outsider but it could also be playing tricks on him. After all, she could have once been an outsider that relocated here and had been here for a while, taking on the scents of Cyrileth.

The woman's head tilted a full ninety degrees as she listened to him speak. Her face even seemed to blank and for a moment Raiden was worried that he had been too bold. That he'd spoken out when he shouldn't have and that he had no right to ask if he may accompany her, even if it would just be for a little while. Him and his darned curiosity! All he'd wanted was a knowledgeable company that he could speak freely with and explore with for a while... he hadn't meant to offend.

He wanted to speak an apology but before he could the russet she-wolf beat him to it. Oh... She hadn't been offended by his words! Good, yes! Perfect! He grinned happily, tail beating a joyous cadence against the snowy earth at her approval. A chuckle erupted at her words when she mentioned "smothering" him again. So, physical affection was her thing. He'd have to take note of that and remember it for future reference as not to get caught off guard again. It would also probably take some time to fully get used to but he was certain that he could. It was a small price to pay for learning... and he would be lying to himself if he said that he didn't enjoy it a little bit.

“Likewise, Miss Vasiliev. I'm glad that you're okay with me coming along with you. Hopefully I won't slow you down too much.” These last words were spoken with a cheeky, teasing grin as he sprang to his paws to follow her. “Lead on. I'm right behind you!”

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Nastasya

Nastasya
Let me carry your sins

It was pleasant to hear the metronome of a hearty laugh, really not thinking what she said was that funny but it was a welcomed response for the time being. It was no secret she preferred skinship with anyone that was willing to allow her close enough, especially in such a vast cold expanse like they were in now, it could easily decide if life or death knocked at your door. Where she did not bother to follow instinct in the sense of danger among others or where she travelled, she still fell to the temptation of curling up into a pile of fur to keep warm at night. Not that she had that very often in her life, as of recent, traveling the banks to forests without a companion to keep her company. She didn't really expect him to follow suit with it though, even if he was not like a normal wolf, it did not mean he was a kindred spirit in every aspect. He could find suspicion in her motives or not like contact at all, she was okay with that, he was a grown capable adult from the looks of it after all. There was no need for her to coddle him, maybe it was the fact he wanted her as a teacher and his friendly demeaner that brought her wanting to be that way though.

Her ears pricked at her family name being spoken by him and she quickly shook her head. "Nastasya… or Asya if it is too much of a mouthful, please," she pleaded just a little, not sure if Vasiliev was now muddied by her kin. If someone wanted revenge for something her brother did, she could be a victim if she wasn't careful and she quietly cursed herself for saying it at all. By how calm he remained, she assumed he held no animosity toward that name but it was best to keep it under the table until she knew the weight it held.

"And it's my pleasure, sweetie. It's really a wish come true for me to have company," she hummed, feeling a tad selfish having allowed it to come true. Was it wrong to desire the feeling of being wanted? In this case, she did not think so, he was not stopping her from doing her self chosen duty: she would still be a traveling healer for anyone in need. "I don't think you will, we go where the wind takes us. If that means stopping for a couple extra breaks, than I see no harm in it," she assured, tail swaying.

His cheeky remark made her decide to continue on without looking back at him to make sure he was on her heels and instead listened as she travelled a bit further along the stone until a faint crashing could be heard. Dark talons lightly dug way some snow to reveal a tunnel that lead to where she wished to bring him. "Through here! It narrows a little toward the end, so I hope you don't have a fear of enclosed spaces," she called over he shoulder before slipping into the gap herself. At first she could walk near normally but the further she went, she had to crouch further and further down so not to smash her back into the uneven arch that could dig roughly into ones back if they were not careful. After a long crawl, an opening became visible and the roar of water echoed louder and louder in her ears, like an angry grizzly trying to chase an intruder away.

Breaking free from the exit, she was greeted by water crashing down from somewhere above. Carefully she padded along the stone path out around the raining water until there was a enclosed little ecosystem that laid mostly still before her. Looking up at the gorgeous waterfall decorated by ice and snow, it looking right out of a story. The little hidden winter cove was warmer and more humid than most of the cascades, a light fog hovering off the ground and made it a tad dangerous if one did not noticed the ice hardly visible through it. There were faint indications of what was likely the paw prints of artic foxes and hares that had come here for sanctuary, the same way she once had. The flat pool that the water fell into had a current that went under the earths surface, connecting it to the ocean they had just been gazing out to moments before. With that in mind, this place would flood on the night of a new moon and was the reason she wanted to show him the place sooner over later, unsure where the moon phase was for this coming night.

Taking in a breath, she waited for him, hoping this was the kind of place he wished to see and that she hadn't lead him to something he had no interest in or had seen before. She just knew the first time she had come across this hidden gem, she was awestruck and infatuated by it's beauty, still feeling it a little even now. It was a place of dreams if it did not act also as a secret graveyard for the unfortunate that laid to rest under the water and ice.

“I am speaking”
table made by soar

@Raiden

TAKA RAIDEN

The woman corrected him gently. Not "Miss Vasiliev" but just Nastasya or, “Miss Asya, it is then.” Not finding her full name too much of a mouthful but enjoying how "Asya" sounded. Although she would be hard-pressed to get him to forgo the use of the word "miss". It was polite and he certainly enjoyed being polite where he could and teasing when he couldn't. Which his teasing remark had been taken seriously, much to his amusement but instead of laughing he simply smiled and nodded. Happy that she was willing to be so accommodating.

She lead him a little further up to a place where he could hear the falls crashing in his ears... though faint. She scratched away some snow to reveal an entrance where he followed her in after her warning. The dark male was a bit taller than the she-wolf but was able to make it through with some crouching --especially towards the end-- and only a little discomfort.

Raiden didn't consider himself the claustrophobic type but the longer they went the more he found himself to wonder how long this tunnel would be. He could feel more primitive thoughts panicking in the back of his mind, begging to be set free. Instinct. It was a little difficult to tamp it back down and close the gate, a practice he was used to... but with this new undertaking it was made a little more difficult. Deep breathes. Good. He could do this. Soon enough the roar of the falls grew louder until the tunnel opened out into a world made from dreams.

His mouth opened in a sharp gasp of awe. A waterfall, decorated in ice and snow, fell from on high into a pool. The air was humid and warm --much welcomed from the previous atmosphere-- with a gentle fog rising from above that barely concealed the tracks of smaller animals. Raiden could scarce believe it all as he looked around and began to circle and circle in an odd sort of dance as he tried looked around. It was so hard to take it all in! There was so much to see! “Incredible!” He breathed but no sooner had he said it that he slipped on the ice and fell flat onto his back. The brief surge of pain was well worth it for the view that he obtained as he looked upwards. “This is a place of beauty... you were so luck to find it and I so lucky that you shared it with me.” Golden eyes found hers as he smiled at her, sincerity ringing in his golden gaze. “Thank-you...” If this was to be the start of their adventures and the prologue to much greater things... Then he was ready.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Nastasya

-wanna end it there/with your next post?-

Nastasya
Let me carry your sins

She would have to get used to someone actually calling her Asya, it wasn't very often other wolves would call her such but to be fair, she rarely gave out her name on a first encounter. It was never that important in her opinion since it was rare she would come across the same wolf more than once in her experience, that and a name was nothing more than that. A name did not define whom someone was or what they would do in the future, it was just a way to identify each other in the simplest of ways, a word meant to be unique so there would be no confusion. Yes there could be a deeper reason, such as it being a name given out of honor or passed on from relative to relative but it was still only a word for association in the end.

As he came into view once more, she hoped he did not copy her misfortunate first time entrance of sliding face first into a pile of snow out of panic from the tight fit that seemed to never end. It seemed he wasn't as scared or jittery as she had been, which was a relief on its own as it didn't appear that mound of plush slush was not there to stop anyone from going into the water this time.

A smile collected along her muzzle at the initial exclamation, happy he was happy. That smile did not last long as she watched him slip fairly abruptly along the ice like a new born deer taking its first steps. It was the way he landed on his back that made her cringe the most, thinking if he had fell straight forward it would be a lot less painful. Without hesitation, she rushed over to him, worry written well across her features, brow knitting tighter and tighter until his body stopped moving and she could get close enough. With luck, she did not do the same as him, which was miracle in itself, being the usual clumsy one.

Before she could even speak, that smile of his cut off her thoughts of concern, replacing it with a look of bewilderment after hearing what he had to say. It seemed he was fine and without broken bones, that appeared to be enough for him. Enough for her, it was not as though herbs grew here for her to heal him anyway. The thanks snapped her out of that little daze, that warm smile seeming to form once more as she looked down at him, feeling like she had found yet another thing they had in common. No matter what awkward step sent them down, they could smile through it.

"I'll gladly share my world with you. No need to thank me, your radiant smile is more than thanks enough," she spoke gingerly, removing her face from his view of the waterfall and cliffs above. Since he seemed equally happy looking at it from the angle he was at, she carefully laid down and flipped herself over to view it the same way, to see if there was any difference. In a weird way, it was a little more enchanting but she couldn't help glancing at him a little more, far more enthralled with the fact, for now, she was no longer alone in her journey.

-End Thread-

“I am speaking”
table made by soar

@Raiden

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.