Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

blood and bone
Ilios

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

Stardust: 1,065✪
TAKA SANADA
How long had it been since his gaze fell upon familiar silhouettes of his brothers? He had returned to Hiâ recently, but he had not run into either one, leaving him assuming that both had strayed from home. Raiden was apparently still on his journey, and Kenshin... He was fairly surprised to find his mother loitering without her beastly guardian. It was entirely possible that the eldest son had slipped off the edge of his devout path, succumbing to his religious rants. But that was nothing new; Kenshin would climb back and righten himself soon enough.

It was funny: Sanada was not sure how thoughts of his kin had entered his mind. The day was dimming to twilight and he was at the base of a tree, curled up with crossed paws. Naturally, with spring days finally upon them, it was nicer to rest in the open instead of perpetually seeking and preparing a shelter. It was not quite warm, but he could feel its presence. Almost, almost, he sent spring a silly, but encouraging prayer, you're nearly there.

He tilted his face toward the sky, mottled with clouds and streaks of pink and gold, reflected in his orange eyes. The fading sunlight danced upon his near ebony pelt, making the russet appear redder. He dipped his head, eyes flickering to his paws, as though thoughtful, but nothing crossed his mind. He simply stared and he was certain sleep would soon wash over him.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Raiden
Loner

Plymouth

Stardust: 235✪

TAKA RAIDEN

Ever roaming, never settling was the story of his life, of his paws and heart filled with wanderlust. There was always so much to see and so much to do. It was how he and his brother had grown separated, part of the reason he'd wanted to leave home. The other part lay largely with their rather insufferable parent. Granted, he'd learned lots about religion which was safely stored away in his mind. Legends were things that couldn't be proven and lay in the camp of his mind as a "maybe". Maybe it was true, maybe it was not... It wasn't as if any wolf would be able to tell, not until they crossed over into the next life and once that happened... well, there was no way to come back and share the knowledge you learned. Or didn't. Such a mystery it was. Mysteries made his paws itch but this was one that he surely couldn't solve.

Ah, well, there were other things to do today. Like traveling down southwards into Geld. There was nothing in particular that he was looking for, he was just following his paws on another adventure. Eyes raised skywards, noting the beautiful spectacle overhead. The pine trees reared up around him but left enough of the sky visible that he was able to take most of it in. A silent "ahh" of appreciation formed on his muzzle as he spun around, viewing it all as easily as anything. Of course, it might look rather silly to anyone watching. A wolf spinning around this way and that as he tried to spy the sky through the empty patches above him, every once in a while barely managing to keep from tripping on a stone or tree root. He was hardly paying attention to what was on the ground, certainly not a dark wolf who looked fairly similar to himself, that was laying nearby.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Sanada
Ilios

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

TAKA SANADA
Twilight was a quiet limbo: those who knew the sun were slipping into shadows, while those who roamed in dark began to stir in their beds, but not quite ready to venture outside. It was this in-between silence that emptied his mind of thoughts, filling it with nothing but the soft heaviness of sleep. It was but a trickle, but soon the floodgates would open. He lay his head upon his crossed paws.

A wolf burst into the scene with his nose tilted skywards. The sudden movement and sound nudged his head up and widened his eyes. The other man spun around, not once glancing away from the darkening sky. His black pelt shimmered in the dim light as he twisted around and around. How had he not tripped yet, Sanada didn't know — it was almost an enviable skill. A smile widened upon his lips as he watched his brother dance.

He never thought that their next meeting would start with Raiden putting on a performance before his older brother. Sanada was beaming, his grin a silent shape of laughter, as he stared at Raiden's paws. Waiting for him to trip. The second brother still had hope, even though every root and every stone appeared to have moved away from the third brother steps, yielding to him an impromptu dance floor.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Raiden
Loner

Plymouth

TAKA RAIDEN

Around and around he went, trying not to miss an instant of the display in the sky. What made it so? The colors of the sunset? The sun surely but there had to be other factors in the air to create a splendorous effect as there was now. The clouds? But that couldn't be true because why didn't this happen all day? No, there had to be some other spectacular effect that he didn't know about as of yet. Or maybe he would never know about it... Such a sad thing... But alas, there was hardly a thing he could do about it.

There was also not a thing he could do about a large rock that loomed in his path.

For a while his hazardous dance had afforded him luck as he kept his gaze firmly rooted in the sky but it was truly only a matter of time before he ended up falling... And fall he did. One of his forepaws slipped out from under him and he tried to overcompensate for the missing weight but instead ended up tangling his last three legs all together. In the end it ended up with him in a very ungraceful fall to his chest. He thudded to the earth with a loud "huff".

The dust plumed up around him, golden eyes were closed momentarily before he blinked them open slowly. That was unfortunate... Was the first wry thought that passed in his mind. The second was a sheer wave of joy as he saw the darkened face peering at him from nearby. “Sans!” He barked happily at his brother while still tangled up on his chest with paws splayed in a most undignified manner. How long had he been there!? What's more... Had he seen his ungraceful fall? “Oh, uh, I can explain...” He gave a self-conscious toothy grin as it occurred to him just how silly his little jig probably looked to outside eyes.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Sanada
Ilios

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

TAKA SANADA
Raiden's steps were nowhere near elegant, but they were steady and almost rhythmic, following the beat Sanada could neither hear nor feel. His yellow gaze would not stray from the sky to the earth, to those who might be watching him, and Sanada had to glance upwards to see what it was that enraptured his little brother's attention so. There was only the dwindling sun, flashing last colours before shadows would consume it whole, but, while it was a beautiful sight to behold, it was hardly a captivating image.

When he tilted his gaze to Raiden once more, his ears immediately went back, flattening against his skull; the third brother was dancing toward a rock, clearly oblivious to his environment. As Sanada braced for consequences of his brother's careless dance, the smile upon his lips could not stop growing, tugging his cheeks wider. He did nothing to reach out, to halt Raiden before he could fall and injure himself. Instead, being a terrible older brother, he would wait for him to fall.

And fall he did.

Finally grounded (literally), his gaze found his brother and his broad grin and then a smile of his own crept unto his lips, thrumming with barely concealed joy, “Sans!” At the sound of his name, Sanada rose to his paws and walked over to the dishevelled heap that was his brother. “Oh, uh, I can explain...” Sanada lifted his paw to place it upon Raiden's head, “You're no good at dancing,” Smile had slipped from his lips, but happiness continued to radiate in his tone. If Raiden had not slipped out of the way, Sanada would tap on his head repeatedly with his paw, “More of my thing, you know.”

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Raiden
Loner

Plymouth

TAKA RAIDEN

Dignified and amused, those were the two words that came to Raiden's mind as his brother rose to his paws and made his way over. There was always a certain sense of admiration for his older sibling. While Raiden was confident about his "research" and what he learned in the world, he had never been that way when interacting with others. The quiet one, more at home with listening to others interact than taking part himself... unless a subject of interest popped up. Although things were always different with his siblings and he was always used to the good-natured teasing that particularly came from Sanada.

“Oh, ha ha.” He intoned back wryly, tongue poking out between his fangs at his brother. Amusement displayed clearly in his eyes and happiness was the note in his waving tail, even as he tried to pretend to be offended.

Tap. Tap. Tap. Three taps before he sat up and gave himself a shake to shake free the offending dust on his fur. “I do concur. You most certainly have the 'happy feet' of the family and I will gladly give you that title.” A cheeky toothy grin was given as he leaned over to jab at the wolf playfully with his paw, a return for the tapping. “But I wasn't dancing. I was just trying to see the sky and was pondering on what makes the sunset display so many gorgeous colors. Haven't you ever wondered?” He could trust that his brother wouldn't give some silly answer about the gods making it so, well, not in seriousness anyway. The sky threatened to grab his attention once more as his gaze lifted heavenward to see the cracks of rapidly darkening sky above.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Sanada
Ilios

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

TAKA SANADA
His lips quirked, a laugh almost escaping him, at the sight of Raiden on the ground, sticking out his tongue in false chagrin. Then, he pulled himself away and rose, settling into a sit, “I do concur. You most certainly have the 'happy feet' of the family and I will gladly give you that title.” Sanada gave a firm and approving nod, ignoring Raiden's prodding paw. It was true, in a way; he danced, but a battleground was his dance floor, with swift and feral steps following the music of war drums. His dance was not that of elegance, but of wildness and violence. Which probably was not something Raiden would like to learn.

“But I wasn't dancing. I was just trying to see the sky and was pondering on what makes the sunset display so many gorgeous colors. Haven't you ever wondered?” “Ah, uh,” Sanada glanced upwards, to the darkening sky with the last of sunlight scattering. Raiden was the cleverest, or at least the most observant, of the three and it was only natural that such thoughts would drift through his mind, robbing him of his senses until he fell over. “I guess,” He had occasionally admired the painted heavens, but he had not truly thought how or why. There were a few tales about the gods constructing a home for their stars, but he had never pondered on those stories much. To him, the sky simply was.

He glanced at his brother, who was again gazing upon the sky, and curiosity had him wondering what would his answer be. It would certainly reflect his thoughtful and pragmatic nature; Sanada knew that much. “The sun bleeds?” His shoulders lifted, “It dies so that it can be reborn tomorrow.” As he answered, his body slid into a seat.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Raiden
Loner

Plymouth

TAKA RAIDEN

"I guess." The uncertainty of the answer made him chuckle quietly. He was certain that his brother looked at the sunset but he was uncertain if he ever truly saw it. It wasn't just a display. It wasn't something that just was. It was there in a way that neither of them would ever truly understand. Even he could never fully understand the process of it all... It confounded him but still intrigued him. He wanted to know but truly never would. There was a pain and a satisfaction in it...

He could see movement from his brother in the corner of his eye but he didn't remove his gaze from the heavens, not immediately. Not until Sanada's answer came.

A bleeding sun?

His golden eyes were pulled from the heavens as the stars were starting to appear. There was a pleasant grin on his face and when he spoke it sounded as if he were barely holding back laughter. “What a quaint answer.” But one that he couldn't immediately rule out, he supposed. There wasn't a way to not prove it but he didn't believe the sun bled and rose again like a living creature. He thought of it like the trees or the grass or even the sky above them. A thing that existed but didn't truly live as they did.

“Neither of us have any way of truly knowing,” Here he sounded just a bit wistful before he continued on. “I think it has something to do with the clouds. Maybe how the sun lowers below the horizon, it interacts with them a different way to make the colors seem to 'bleed' across the sky.” As good of a hypothesis as he could get at the moment. One paw raised up to his maw in a thoughtful gesture, as if he was thinking of the next big conundrum to answer. “Perhaps I should pose this to Nastasya when I meet back up with her.” Spoken mostly to himself but he was curious what the intellectual she-wolf would think.

He shook his head then, getting ahead of himself as always and hardly thinking about the "now". “What have you been up to, Sans? Have any intriguing adventures without me?”

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Sanada
Ilios

post log:
rusted weapon

soar

TAKA SANADA
He did not care about exploring ideas and hypotheses about existence, be it theirs, the world's, or both. Wolves sometimes tried to stir philosophical discussions with him, hoping that he would divulge his beliefs, but those discussions usually ended abruptly. Unless a situation truly called for it, he often turned away from such concepts. With Raiden, however, it was different; together, he was more willing to broaden his horizons and investigate the intricate fabric of their reality. He could not be sure why; it might be because when they were younger, Raiden would not stop questioning everything and the wall of Sanada's indifference could not withstand the barrage of inquiries. They had slowly eroded the barrier until it fell apart, but Raiden's words also encouraged quiet curiosity to rise from the ruins.

“What a quaint answer.” Raiden smiled and Sanada emitted a small snort. “What causes it then?” His brother would have an answer ready; he always did—the workings of his mind sometimes impressed Sanada. And made him wonder; what if he were like him? What if he opened himself up to discussions and debates with people outside of his family? A small shiver rolled through him. He could never.

“Neither of us have any way of truly knowing,” Raiden mused upon this quietly as though it was a regretful tragedy. This Sanada could not understand, for it was impossible to gather knowledge of everything. One could try, but their life would run out before they could succeed. Time was finite after all. It was nothing to be sorrowful over.

Raiden spoke again, positing his theory involving clouds, and a light frown fell upon Sanada's features. It might make a little more sense than his own "warrior" sun hypothesis, but it was not wholly perfect: “Sometimes there are no clouds, though.” Indeed, bolder colours sometimes bleed across a clear sky, brighter and intenser than colours mottled with clouds. He tilted his head to Raiden, looking at him properly as he awaited a revised speculation. What would his brilliant mind conjure this time—and would Sanada like it? He still clung to his own answer, if only because he liked the image it produced.

“Perhaps I should pose this to Nastasya when I meet back up with her.” His brows lifted ever so slightly, quirking with interest, “Hm?” A quiet sound, saturated with unspoken questions, slipped from his ebony lips. They also glittered in his gaze, a little curious spark. Yet, he voiced none of his thoughts, letting them linger within the cage of his mind.

The third brother's drifting mind was finally settling, focusing upon Sanada, “What have you been up to, Sans? Have any intriguing adventures without me?” Sanada hummed, “Let's see... I got into a little trouble with spiders. Uh...” And Cairo, and the Tiamats. He exhaled a heavy sigh. While the sequence of events was dreadful, he had come to hate his position less, but sometimes shackles around his ankles would become all too chafing. Still, he wondered if Raiden's quick mind would be able to formulate a solution for his troubles, “Say, Ray, what would you do if you... somehow end up making a vow to serve someone? And you don't like it.”

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Raiden
Loner

Plymouth

TAKA RAIDEN

"Sometimes there are no clouds, though." Indeed that was true. His brow furrowed for a brief moment as he contemplated this. His fertile mind thought of different things and different solutions to the puzzle, as he was usually good at doing. “Then maybe it is the sky itself. Something about the sun lowering that changes it... Or another piece of the puzzle that I'm missing altogether.” The clouds, the sky, the moon, the stars... The latter two surely would have no bearing on the sun... then what was it? He felt like it was just out of his reach. He sighed and shook his head. That was the best hypothesis that he had at the moment... Maybe inspiration would strike him one day and he'd be able to definitively answer the question.

There was a quiet sound of questioning that barely fell from his brother's throat but he heard it. He glanced over with an apologetic grin, realizing what he'd spoken aloud. “Oh, ah, she's a friend and traveling companion of mine. Enjoys observing things as much as I do!” Possibly more! Sometimes his mouth would still be going with theories after she'd calmed down and just wanted to watch in silence.

The other began to outline his adventures, beginning with --of all the things-- spiders! Raiden's eyes grew wide with interest. “Spiders, you say?" He nearly blurted out with all sorts of questions about them... but Sanada's sigh stopped him. His brows pulled together into an expression of concern as he looked at his brother.

A vow? That he didn't like? He looked down, gears turning in his mind as he tried to think over everything as he always did. “Well... what sort of vow to begin with?” Knowing his brother it was probably one of protection to some wolf he deemed worthy but in the end vows were just words. Although it didn't do much for one's character to go around breaking them... or making them willy-nilly. “Did it have anything to do with the spiders?” It was a half-hearted attempt to lighten Sanada's mood while gleaning what he could of this situation that he'd brought up.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Sanada

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG