FOLKLORE

[ PM ] Observed Future

TAKA RAIDEN

Time passed blissfully where the only thing that mattered in the world was the pair of them. In the moments after they'd managed to drag themselves up to the shoreline where they lay together. Raiden happily falling asleep next to his partner after the coupling. He dreamt no dreams but the feeling of a satisfied happiness radiated even in the dark confines of his mind.

He would have stayed sleeping for longer had he not felt the light touch of a tongue on his cheek. The gentle motion stirred him, slowly pulling him from sleep... but his tiredness was a stubborn thing and it took a few more moments before he was awake. Golden eyes blinked owlishly at her as he rubbed his muzzle along her cheek... then paused when the gravity of what he'd done hit him.

Had he just ruined their friendship? Much more clear-headed now he stared at his companion. Both of them were still cloaked in mists, every bit the lovers of the old tale. It felt good all over again to have her groom him and something in him longed to reciprocate the affection... but that something also longed to know what they were. Did this change their friendship? Gods he hoped not. “So that was, ah... phenomenal! Truly! He'd never felt something so amazing before but had it been the right thing to do. Would it change them forever? "But, uh... that doesn't normally, ah, happen to me. I'm usually very clear-headed and um, I... yeah...” His speech trailed off in the middle of him trying to explain away his moment of impulse.

He liked everything that had happened but in this moment he wondered what this entailed for their relationship. “Are... are we still friends or something else?” Previously he'd tried to be coy, to walk around the question of it but now he needed to know.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

It didn't really dawn on her that he was asleep as he roused from her touch, though it was a rather slow process she did not make a little easier for him with the rhythmic strokes of her tongue and soft nibbling to pull out knots and debris. A delicate hum trailed from her lips from entertainment at his wide eyes, reminiscent of a startled cat but there was a hidden anxiety pulling firmly at her thoughts, concerned he regretted everything by the way he looked at her. His gentle touch sealing it away, pushing back those fretting feelings that seemed to coax her often. She resumed grooming now that she thought he had brushed away whatever made him make that face, sticking to remedial tasks to keep the tremor of thought from going negative and full of unneeded worry, gracing him with affections.

Her ears flicked as his lips split apart to speak, giving herself a mental I told you so, predicting his lack of keeping quiet for long. What he had to say, on the other hand, instantly tossed her for a loop. Blinking at him like he had said something incomprehensible for a good few seconds as she took in the whole statement. Or was that a compliment? After a moment of doing nothing she burst into stifled laughter, not disagreeing with him but she wouldn't be the one to say it out loud without prompting like he had. She supposed it rude if she left on laughing at him, certain he might take it the wrong way or think too much into the reaction. "Yes it was, you were quite the bold yet gentle lover," she trilled, though quickly closed her mouth as his opened again.

Crimson moons scanned his features as he went to speak far more seriously, the thing she more expected him to do, if not ask about why everything was the way it was. He didn't try studying anything, his words started slow in what sounded more like a rejection to everything, making her ears drop a little sadly. Regret, that played so much in her head it hurt, certain that was what he was aiming toward. Swiftly her gaze casted down as he trailed off, waiting for him to finish the rebuttal as if he was writing a persuasive essay in his head and now they had to flood out into words. What did come had her frozen in place, stiff and surprised. "Both?" she murmured, saying the first thing on her mind before any actual intelligent thoughts could form. She had thrown the ball into his court to make this decision, stringing him along without thinking of consequences for more than a couple milliseconds at a time. Now it was in her court, on a subject far more hard to fathom. Lust was easy and straightforward, emotions and titles were so much more than how their bodies became one.

"I don't want us to not be friends...you are everything to me," she whispered earnestly, taking her thoughts one step at a time. Slowly she lifted her head back up to peer at him before rocking over till her head tucked into his neck gently, seeking security. "But I don't think after what we spoke of...what we...did, it will go back to just innocent study buddy friends. Maybe it's because I like this, the way we are right now, your touch and warmth that conquers me. The way you look at me. All of it is intoxicating. I'm drunk on you, it's hard to see anything else," she laughed a little, feeling engulfed in uncertainty. She didn't feel she deserved this, such a sweet delicate flower, feeling he deserved more. A mate to spend the rest of his days with; she was no young doe but it wasn't like he would never age again, the distance would be less and less vast with time. It wasn't like she was an elder already and he was a yearling, there was still plenty of time left for both of them.

Taking in a breath, her eyes closed and she weighed her options and his own best interest. She had no time to play a child's game of innocent puppy love when she wanted so much more. Children, a mate, a life. "I want it to be the start of something new, explore what this is and build it up to something more. If you are willing and want it too. If you'll have me," words came off with hope as she tossed the ball back his way, it was a choice two had to make, not her alone.

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | notes

[Image: dcuf81q-4aaec622-dcb1-4a6c-a9e7-46d457f84823.png]

TAKA RAIDEN

At her own compliment to his prowess he couldn't help the silly little grin that crossed his face. If he wasn't so dark perhaps the redness would have shown all over him. He didn't even mind her laughter at that point for he was smiling too much like a fool for it to matter much. He was pleased and happy that she was happy with him.

Her next words didn't help decrease the heat he could feel on his cheeks and ears. Everything to her? They were companions now and before him she'd been traveling alone... A woman that seemed to enjoy being with someone else and physical touch all alone. He couldn't imagine that she had very much of anyone else. He blinked, processing it all and thinking to himself that he too saw her as the most perfect companion he could ever wish for. If she all of a sudden left or if he had to leave, well, it would feel like a piece of him was missing. A piece that he would never be able to have back without her.

When she tucked herself against him it felt as if his whole body was buzzing with electricity, heartbeat quickening and butterflies sailing through his belly once more. This felt so right... how could he be so lucky? Raiden sighed with contentment while his muzzle lowered over her head, one paw lifting to wrap over her shoulders to bring her in close so that he could offer the security she sought. “My sentiments exactly. I've never felt this way before, my mind's racing and my body feels like a thousand currents are racing through it... but I'm so happy with you.” He was uncertain about a lot of things that had happened on this day but on this one he was not. She made him happier than he'd been in a long while and they understood each other and got along so well. “Maybe we could be not-so-innocent study buddy more-than-friends?” He laughed at his own joking words, hoping that it wasn't ill-timed for this tender moment.

It was back on to something more serious as she spoke from her position tucked into his dark fur. It sent a shiver up his spine, everything that she was laying out before him. What she wanted was so much more than a friendship or a simple game of lovers. He knew what she was asking of him.

Funny, his entire life he was always buzzing with questions but for this?

“I should be asking if you'll have me, Miss Asya.” What with all of his incessant questions of life, his tendency to shy away from conflict, his awkwardness in this whole romantic affair. He felt as if it was for a wolf more experienced than he in those matters.

But for Nastasya?

“I want to see where this leads and where this path will take us both. We can make this adventure together.” He gently licked out his salmon tongue to give her a kiss across the top of her muzzle.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

Quietly, she listened to everything he had to say before she would allow herself to speak again, waiting until he went fully silent for more than a few second, not wishing to come off persistent; pushy or otherwise needy. It might have been because she hadn't slept at all, her thoughts growing tired and her mind starting to be too sluggish for words, wanting to just rest there in his warmth that only got warmer as he pulled her into a willing embrace, to shield her from the world. It was comforting and meant more than she would let him know. It was nice to feel safe and away from the dangers this world housed, not that she had personally experienced the worse of it. Rose champagne nose twitching gently against his onyx fur, her scent strong yet she could still fetch the aroma of fresh snow and ocean breeze from their travels.

Her round ears responded to each syllable, finding his way of speaking to be far more flavored than her own compared to when she spoke to him, making her wonder a tad more about his birth family. Did they all speak with manners and etiquette, imbued with metaphors?

Her stomach ached immensely with butterflies, which she felt was strange that it took so long to arise as she overviewed his responses as a whole and took in the information they charted. A soft smile pulled at her lips, giggling at the feeling of his tongue along the bridge of her nose. It seemed words were alluding her right now, unsure which thing to focus on the most but with a breath she would not pause any longer as her tail wagged sheepishly behind her, perhaps knocking his. "I've regretted a lot of things in my life, I don't want to make another one by losing you over thinking I'm not good enough for you...it feels so selfish," she murmured, closing her eyes and taking a breath as she spoke her inner thoughts. "But I want to be selfish when it comes to you. I'd love to be not-so-innocent study buddy more-than-friends with you," she mused with his own long title for it. For now it would probably be easier to call him more than friends over the beginning of being mates.

"I don't know about you but I could use a little shut eye. Unless, of course, you want to make double sure other's know I'm yours," she cooed suggestively, more just trying to fluster him than to start things up again. Maybe successfully play the game he only joked about; making him wait. Raising her muzzle and lightly grazing it along the underside of his jaw as she let out a yawn, she pressed herself all the more into him before resting her head onto the ground ready to chase dreams; her breathing steadied and her mind started to slip away.

-Exit Thread Via Sleep(?)-

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | notes

[Image: dcuf81q-4aaec622-dcb1-4a6c-a9e7-46d457f84823.png]

TAKA RAIDEN

He could feel the wags of her tail, brushing against his own as they lay there. He supposed he wasn't screwing this up, then. He felt as if he was bumbling his way through, saying the most sap-filled things he could think of but at least they were sincere. “Then don't over think it.” Rich, coming from him, wasn't it? The wolf who literally overthought everything. “I think that you're perfect for me.” And that was the honest stars truth.

Nastasya's suggestive words had his facing warming and his heart beating a temporary frenzied cadence before stilling. “Oh, I, uh... would love to? But I'm really tired. More tired than I can ever remember being.” As tempting as that was, he would have to make a pass. Although he gave her a cheeky little grin, one that was part mischievous and part nervous. “How 'bout a rain check.” He said with a chuckle and playful nudge to her ear.

When she tucked herself in even closer he hugged her and lowered his head on top of hers. Wondering how he'd managed to get so lucky as to make her interested with his lack of charm. He could remember running it around in his mind over and over again, the questions, the possible answers, rewriting things, and then doing it all over again...

Up until his eyes closed and his thoughts ceased as he fell into a peaceful sleep.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

-exit via sleep/end thread-

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.