Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] King & Lionheart
Loner

post log:

Cardinal

Stardust: 110✪

Night had swarmed to blot out the sun in slumber; the valley upon the mountains where it had chosen to nestle for the long drawn out darkness. The moon freshly risen gave life anew in a different form. Long, ravenous talons scraped the bark of an old oak tree, a face clad in discus shape with large, looming eyes and a sharpened beak protruded from the depths of a starless night with the moon's light being the only chance of a glimpse of such a nocturnal predatory bird. Taking silent flight, the griffon cast its shadow on the quiet lands of its home birth and set out deep into the forest grove for its quarry.

It did not take long for it to find a perfect catch down upon the crevice of a sloping rock formation, reflective eyes glinting within its homely abode. Close at hand it stood to its hidden burrow; the owl must be quick. Though cautious, hunger rumbled deep within a tiny stomach, and so the rodent creature could not resist the temptation of freshly blooming berries growing within the woods, brush wafting the sweet aroma of not yet suckled nectar from the bushes to its sensitive nose. Away he went towards the thought of filling his gut full tonight, and worry was little more than a trickling reminder tickling the back of his small skull.

It was then that the owl struck.

Surprise was little more than a dying whim to the cycle of life, the mouse forfeit to the owl's own hunger, but two leaps left before the berries would have been before him. The bushes shivered to the owl's presence, the wind blowing past as silence once more left the stage for the owl who then consumed his catch.

One and the same were the owl and the mouse, however. Content within their niche, one always cautious and one always triumphant, both easily blinded by their hunger. The wolf, alone, gave in to this very same temptation.

A body, pure as fresh Winter's snow, thrust open from the underbrush, berries cascading as thorns gripped to her fur and ripped uselessly away from themselves as the weight of the force snapped the branches. Jaws parted with a salivating appetite that could not have been contained, not until now. The owl, having only had time to finish its meal with satisfaction, screeched in delayed surprise and terror at the form lurching from the dark of the night. Wings outstretched as it threw itself backwards and flung large hooked claws towards the assailant in futile effort to dismay.

As claws dug into her chest, staining snow died red with her own blood, fangs wrapped around the throat of the owl, crushing it to death in a quick succession of scenes. Its claws still sunk into shallow flesh, clamped even as she began to tear the feathers away to get to the prize of her catch; fresh, and very much still warm, meat, thin bone, and that of an undigested mouse sitting within its crop. Adrenaline soothed the stinging ache of her newfound wounds, but soon, it would cause her mild pain and a discomfort she was rare to experience.

Speaking

@Cailan
Astaria

post log:

Claerie

Stardust: 645✪

He had wandered for what had seemed like ages. His paws had carried him down and away from the vista, spiriting him away from memory and feeling. Numbed by the ocean breeze, Cailan had traveled along the coast until it had led inland. Then, as the ocean had branched into rivers, he had followed one inland. Hours passed as he moved through a mountain pass. Above, the peaks of the vista had towered over his left side. For a time he had avoided glancing up for fear that he would witness the silhouette of a wolf. It was foolishness, however, for the vista was far too high up and far south for such worries.

When at last he had entered the pine forest, he had found it easier to breathe. His thoughts—which had been so distorted by white noise—cleared. Guilt and shame was a cloak that he wore well, but at least there were none to see it upon him. It was one thing to be lonely whilst alone, it was another to be lonely while surrounded by others.

“Hmmm..." He hummed idly, gaze half-lidded as he wandered. Moonlight cast shadows down upon his back and painted him in black.

When at last he stopped, he closed his eyes.

What if I don't go back? It'd be so easy.

And yet—

A screech brought his attention to the present. Blue eyes widened and he bolted toward the sound. The scent of blood—of wolf blood—followed soon after. With it was the horror of familiarity. At first he could not place who, but when at last he saw her, he could not help but gawk.

“Faolan?" He gasped in near disbelief.

“You seemed to replace your brain with your heart ."

STOCK ➤Kati H. Dawnthieves MANIP/CODE ➤ Amphi
Loner

post log:

Cardinal

Feathers were abundant, soft down and harsh primaries, tail and head feathers. There seemed more feathers than the woman could count, more than there seemed to be on the creature when still it had been alive. Down stuck to her face and laced the corner of her mouth, blood the glue along her lips to keep them there as she plucked the decent sized bird's breast. Pressing down onto its body she had ripped the talons from her chest, the act bringing tears to sting the corner of her eyes, almost as much as the infliction itself did. If nothing else, she would wash in the Alpine and cleanse the wound before cleaning it herself, to make sure infection was less likely. That had been one of the few things her mother had taught her before her disposition turned callous, her eyes a whip to a much younger, naive Faolan. Tears began to well within the rose of her eyes before she placed stopped to place the back of her paw on her face, wiping away the moisture quickly and push the memory back to the shadows of her mind, where they belonged. She could hear the Fool chortling on his throne at the poor quarry of his amusement.

She watched the feathers scatter from the scene of her swift hunt, gathering on the wind they were slow to drift away as they glided along the forest floor. Eyes followed them gently in curiosity to where they would end up, only to find some had fallen at the feet of someone. Faolan? Recognition of her name brought a vehemence at once to her spine, the tingling of hairs beginning to rise ever so slowly. Fearing the worst but praying for the best, her defensive stature dared to look at the eyes of this someone, and immediately her malice dropped into silence, her face both a mixture of surprise and fear. Ears twitched in irritation as her fur puffed up slightly as the memory at the caves came to mind immediately, last year. Had it been so long ago, she wondered? Clearing her throat she quickly wiped the downy feathering from her maw, smearing her paw with blood in the process as her ears then flattened.

I see you decided to stay, she interrupted the night's quiet with her own faint voice, I'm...glad to see you're alive and well. She had told him to leave a long time ago, but if he still persisted then perhaps Adair, too, was alright. Squinting at his gawking expression, the albino huffed lightly through her nostrils, and close your mouth, it's rude. Putting air into her cheeks she puffed them up. Blowing it out of her mouth and letting her shoulders slump idly at his presence, she sat down and moved the owl's body closer to her front feet protectively, ignoring the pile of feathers scattered across the ground. How have you been?

Speaking

@Cailan
Astaria

post log:

Claerie

ocean eyes...

"I see you decided to stay," remarked the pale fae. Crimson marred her maw and fine feathers studded the ivory fur of her chest and cheeks. A haphazard attempt at cleaning had left her paw stained in ambrosia. Her eyes were like muted rubies in the low light. "I'm...glad to see you're alive and well." Her tentative kindness was heard yet it largely went ignored. Rather, blue eyes skirted her chest and fear seized his own. The blood that lurked there was not dry or smeared. No—it was wet and oozing, small droplets blooming flowers upon the white petals of her fur.

"and close your mouth, it's rude."

Shaken from his shock, Cailan's attention refocused upon the she-wolf's face. "Such attitude from one so hurt," he retorted, stepping forward upon gray paws. He could not shake the concern from his expression no matter the forced casualty that Faolan exuded. "Perhaps you were the one that should have left," he remarked somberly. If allowed, he would draw close enough to touch though he was careful to not eye her meal. Out of his periphery he had witnessed her place a protective paw upon it.

"How have you been?"

Despite himself, the Astarian was equally exasperated.

"Let me take a look at that," Cailan said, gesturing with his muzzle to her chest. "And you can ask me all the questions you like." He'd be unable to focus on anything as menial as "how are you" with blood weeping from shallow wounds.

"..."
...and a storm-tossed heart
template by bean
Loner

post log:

Cardinal

Such attitude from one so hurt.

Yes, well, she began, her eyes lingering off to the side. The pain returned once mentioned again, her gaze idling off absently to hide the grimace in her eyes, some of us are, uh..made of something stronger.. Something stronger was something that the albino did not possess. She was malleable, and full of porous directions. A frown laced her expression as the young woman cleared her throat from the whine hanging on her tongue, turning her head back around to catch the wandering figure of the grey as it walked closer. Perhaps you were the one who should have left. I-I..I can't.. Feather lashes downcast peony rose orbs as she looked to the ground at their feet, her frown growing taut until the straight, pink line of her jowls forced her to squint at her own folly. I could never..leave, this place is all I know, and..and I'm... alone said the Fool who whispered into her ears, though by the sting of her wounds or the Constellation's truth, she did not know, she had felt herself wince unconsciously.

Let me take a look at that, and you can ask me all the questions you like.

Her brows furrowed before, forgetting her protection over the owl's carcass, she lifted her paw up to touch lightly where talons had dug into her flesh, burrowing punctures to stain white furs, and winced again and pulled back her paw from the tears in response to pain. Her pain. She was empty for much too long to such things, and more so had she forgotten what this pain felt like. A ghost of a smile played upon the woman's lips, a saddened one that slowly faded as her fur fluffed up and she puffed up her chest, presenting the punctures to him. Lifting her head up in a manner similar to a mockery of pride, she spoke in a huff, her cheeks slightly warmed by the strange demand,

If you must, but I forewarn you, I'll talk your ear off this time.

Speaking

@Cailan
Astaria

post log:

Claerie

ocean eyes...

Cailan had not remembered the she-wolf as one so sassy, but he took the comments in stride. A black eyebrow quirked as Faolan mentioned being made of "something stronger". Blue eyes flitted over an ivory face and eyes as red as the blood weeping from her chest. "I see flesh and blood," he remarked after a cursory glance. Another teasing comment slipped past his lips, though this one earned a more earnest response. "I-I..I can't.." she stuttered anxiously. "I could never..leave, this place is all I know, and..and I'm..." But she never mentioned what she was. "You're safe," he said with a small smile. "And you're with a friend." While his first meeting with Faolan had ended awkwardly, he had never faulted her for it. In the end, he had counted her as one of his first friends in Cyrileth.

In a huffy display not unlike what an owl might have done, Faolan bared her chest to him. Gingerly, he neared, inspecting the wounds that had been covered by her paw mere moments ago. His breath disturbed the fine furs as he scented the gashes for infection. But, of course, there was only the scent of iron. The wounds were far too fresh for anything else.

If only Monroe was here... Cailan was hopeless.

"If you must, but I forewarn you, I'll talk your ear off this time," Faolan warned. Glancing up, Cailan blinked. "Please do, they're quite heavy." As if for show, he pretended to be dragged down by his rightmost ear. The theatrics only lasted for a few seconds however.

"In all seriousness, Fao, you should come back to my pack with me. We have a healer there... a good one."

"..."
...and a storm-tossed heart
template by bean

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG