Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] A Sacred Request
Astaria

post log:

Zodiac

Stardust: 235✪
The meeting had been successful. Ranks had been handed out, and two members from Astaria had shown up to show support of the new pack. Now... she had a request to make of her puphood friend. Adair and her had declared their love for each other, but before they could become officially mated in her eyes, they needed the sacred bonding ceremony of her natal pack. And there was only one wolf she trusted to do that ceremony, and only one wolf from her natal pack (aside from herself) that knew the ceremony. So, after going to Adair and asking him to come with her to ask Mordecai if he could do the bonding ceremony for them, Cheiren went searching for her puphood friend.

"Mordecai? You around?" She called, sniffing around for the berry-eating knight. Hopefully, he would agree to do it. In her mind... she felt like the ceremony had been delayed long enough. In Lubresca, once two wolves declared their love for each other the ceremony was planned and done. Hopefully, the ceremony could be done soon. She couldn't wait to be officially bonded to Adair through the most sacred of ceremonies in her natal pack. They already shared a den, and if she was being honest, she wanted to start a family with the white male if he wanted to as well. That would be a point that she needed to bring up with him in private, likely after the bonding ceremony. She'd always wanted a family, especially after seeing the way her mother doted on her and her siblings as puppies. She wanted to know what it felt like to care for young pups, and to teach them the ways of healing as her mom had.

text. "speech."

@Adair @Mordecai
(Adair first~)
Testing Testing Testing
Astaria

post log:
end in ice

Di

Stardust: 495✪

CHEIREN && ADAIR

Adair was indescribably proud of Cheiren. He had not known the full extent of what the meeting would entail when she had called it. He had merely known that Cheiren had enough support she wanted to start a pack. He had done nothing in helping her to collect members or spread the word; this she had done on her own. As he had sat there below the large rock, he admitted that he'd wondered how many would show. He had been utterly unprepared for the sheer mass of the following Cheiren had gathered. Wolves had poured from the woods, some to pledge their fealty, some to learn more, others, from Astaria, to lend support to the gathering. He had been overwhelmed by the number; he could never have fathomed it; and now, Cheiren had officially formed her pack and had solidly filled their ranks. In addition was an alliance with Astaria, a neighboring pack that clearly held good will towards them. This, of course, was fortunate, because Cailan was a member of that pack as well, but Adair was happy for Cheiren in her own right for having done something so beneficial for Indrani.

And now that things were settled -- at least temporarily -- it was now time for the next step in their journey. Cheiren had told him that one of her old pack members was now part of their brood: Mordecai, whom she had addressed at the pack meeting, but whom Adair had not known. Cheiren had told him that Mordecai might know the old rites of marriage from her birth pack which she had since forgotten. Adair desperately wanted to complete this process with Cheiren. He wanted to make it as official as it could get, and he felt that there was no better way to do that than to use a time-honored tradition that meant very much to her. He had been thrilled to learn Mordecai might remember the rites to the bonding ceremony, and he felt a little thrill roll down his spine as he followed Cheiren on her search for Mordecai.

"Mordecai? You around?" Adair paused, looking about for the male. He had never officially met him -- beyond what little could be gleaned from the pack meeting -- but he had seemed kind, and Cheiren liked him well enough. Adair just hoped he would be able to remember the rites that Cheiren had forgotten. He waited with silence, hoping Mordecai was not far off.

"Adair speech."

@Mordecai
Astaria

post log:

Plymouth

Stardust: 215✪

M O R D E C A I

After a good patrol the large brown wolf usually liked to kick back with something he enjoyed. In this particular case it was a nap... after gorging on strawberries... So maybe he enjoyed doing two things after patrolling.

He was on his back, paws over his chest, beneath a tall bush. His mouth was thrown open as he snored fairly loudly. The echoes of his snores could wake the dead and the sweet-smelling scent of berries was enough to lead anyone straight to him, if they knew of his strange habit.

However, he managed to hear the calls through his sleep.

Blearily his brown eyes opened as he grunted and begin to roll over onto his belly. "Cheiren..?" He mumbled to himself before he realized that the sound had really been in the real world and not his dream. The large wolf crawled out from beneath the bush and stumbled towards the sound, attempting to shake sleepiness from his paws at every step.

"I'm over here!" He yelled out into the woods. It was an easy task to follow the sounds and scents of others to the matriarch.

He could see that Cheiren was there... as well as Adair. There were the familiar pangs of jealousy but they were weaker now. He had duties to settle into and a few friends of his own so it was easier to tamp down his own emotion for the wellbeing of his puphood friend. He smiled at them both, nub tail wagging softly. "Hey, guys! What's up?" He hadn't formally met the white wolf yet but he knew him from the meeting that this was the one serving directly under Cheiren... possibly even the king one day.

Hm, maybe he shouldn't have been so casual with his greeting.

"speech."

@Cheiren @Adair
Astaria

post log:

Zodiac

Adair was at her side, and she stepped closer to the white knight, brushing her pelt against his. Hopefully they could convince Mordecai to do the bonding ceremony for them. Things had gotten settled with Indrani, and hopefully with her at its head things would be stable. Though of course... if her and Adair were to start a family she would have to take a bit of a slight break to raise her pups, especially when they would be young. Hopefully Adair would be up to heading the pack while she did that if they did start a family. But that was future thoughts. Things that were later on down in their relationship and future. For now, it was just about them, and the future of Indrani. Mordecai was a good friend, and had been one of her closest friends within Lubresca when she was a pup. They hadn't seen too many bonding ceremonies, but she remembered the words, and if Mordecai didn't she could help him relearn the words and ceremony itself. Shaking off her thoughts, Cheiren's ears perked as she heard Mordecai's voice and caught his berry-tainted scent on the wind.

Sitting down to wait for her friend to make his way to them, Cheiren aimed to gently touch Adair's cheek with her muzzle. Mordecai didn't make them wait long before he appeared, however. He looked like he hadn't been awake for too terribly long, and he smelled like strawberries (which she knew to be his favorite snack). "Nothing much. We just.. had a request for you." Cheiren began, looking to Adair before continuing with the request that the two of them had for her puphood friend. "If you recall the bonding ceremony from Lubresca… we'd like for you to do that for us... if you wouldn't mind.." Cheiren said softly. Hopefully, Mordecai would agree to do the ceremony for them. Otherwise, she'd have to teach another the ceremony, which could take some time if they were unfamiliar with the traditions and ceremonies that were being brought over from Lubresca to Indrani.

text. "speech."

@Adair @Mordecai
(Adair first~)
Testing Testing Testing
Astaria

post log:
end in ice

Di

CHEIREN && ADAIR

"I'm over here!" Adair looked in the direction of the voice, which could only be Mordecai's. Adair knew very little of the male other than that he was from Cheiren's birth pack. Obligingly, Adair sat next to Cheiren to wait for this man to arrive. A moment later, a chocolate-colored male arrived, bringing with him the sweet scent of strawberries and springtime. "Hey, guys! What's up?" Adair smiled at him, though he felt a bit awkward. There had not been time, exactly, to introduce himself to Mordecai at the meeting, and it felt strange to do it now, when they both very obviously knew who one another were. "Nothing much. We just.. had a request for you." Adair's gaze slid over to Cheiren's face.

"If you recall the bonding ceremony from Lubresca… we'd like for you to do that for us... if you wouldn't mind.." She posed the question quite easily, but Adair knew what a request it was. He felt his heart skip lightly in his chest as he refocused his gaze back onto Mordecai. "We had a similar practice in my own homeland," he explained, "and we thought that this would be the proper way to confirm our mate-hood." He smiled a little again. "We are hoping you remember the rites to the proper ceremony from Lubresca?"

If Mordecai did not know, then they would be out of luck. They could make do from what Adair remembered about his own pack's ceremony, but he wanted to do it the way Cheiren remembered, because it was more special to her that it was from Lubresca.

"Adair speech."

@Mordecai
Astaria

post log:

Plymouth

Stardust: 215✪

M O R D E C A I

A request? What sort of request was that? His head tilted softly to one side, curiosity in that soft brown gaze of his. He thumped down heavily on his rump, all eyes and ears to hear what sort of--

Oh.

The bonding ceremony.

Mates... Right.

"Oh, oh yeah? Finally, officially tyin' the knot, huh?" It was his best friend. He could be happy for her... for them. He smiled and he was able to let it touch his eyes. For her. He would do it for her because he cared and wanted to see her happy. His feelings were not important... They were secondary.

Happy. He was happy.

He thumped his tail behind him, hoping it would smooth out his inner turmoil. Which, yes, there was happiness and excitement there but it was trying to be crushed by his shock and those bitter feelings. It was easier to focus on the positive ones when he just looked at Cheiren. Even when Adair mentioned the ceremony as well, he only glanced towards the white wolf before looking back at his russet friend. "I'm a... a little fuzzy on the rites." He glanced down, brow furrowing as he tried to remember all those complicated words. "But I think I'd be able to do it. If you could help me remember, Chei." His eyes were back up again, on Cheiren. One glance at Adair before back to her with a smile.

"But I'll try my best for you both!" Hopefully that would be good enough!

And boy did he need to talk a walk after this... Or maybe more strawberries... Or maybe that snarky kid from the Vista would be at the caves. Maybe he should go there next to relax.

"speech."

@Cheiren @Adair
Astaria

post log:

Zodiac

Cheiren aimed to gently brush her nose against Adair's cheek, bicolored eyes looking between the two wolves she considered her closest friends. Adair was her newer friend, but the two had gotten so very close since they'd met. She'd literally saved the white knight from bleeding out when he'd been hurt at the neck by a bear, and then helped him mentally get through the mental trauma of being in the fight that caused the death of a wolf by that bear. Adair also put in his two cents for their request for the bonding ceremony. When Mordecai asked if they were officially tying the knot, so to speak, Cheiren nodded. "It would mean a lot if you could do it for us Mordecai. Being one of my closest friend, it would mean even more for you to do the ceremony for us." Cheiren added, smiling towards her friend.

When Mordecai said he could do it, Cheiren's face split into a grin and her tail wagged. "Thank you so much Mordecai. It really means a lot. I can help you refresh yourself on the words. I remember it pretty well cause my mom performed a lot of them, being the royal healer and all." The russet female said, super glad her friend was willing to do the bonding ceremony for them. She was completely unaware of the feelings he had for her in the slightest, always had seen the bobtailed male as nothing more than simply a close friend. Had never seen past friendship for him. To be honest, she'd had the thoughts that it might've turned out that way with Adair. But in that case.. Both of them had developed feelings for the other that were stronger than friendship alone between them. There was a deep bond between her and Adair. One forged through strife and the saving of a life.

text. "speech."

@Adair @Mordecai
Testing Testing Testing
Astaria

post log:
end in ice

Di

CHEIREN && ADAIR

Adair noticed that Mordecai did not look at him very often. He was not upset by this, but he did find it curious. Perhaps it was simply because Mordecai knew Cheiren from their old pack, and he felt most comfortable addressing her. Adair did feel it was strange, though, to be almost a third wheel to their conversation. Still, he was not a dominant or aggressive individual, and he was happy enough to stay in the background as Cheiren and her old pack-mate discussed the specifics of the bonding ceremony. "Oh, oh yeah? Finally, officially tyin' the knot, huh?" Adair smiled, feeling a surge of happiness at these words. "It would mean a lot if you could do it for us Mordecai. Being one of my closest friend, it would mean even more for you to do the ceremony for us." He nodded in agreement with Cheiren.

Mordecai continued to gaze only at Cheiren as he continued. "I'm a... a little fuzzy on the rites. But I think I'd be able to do it. If you could help me remember, Chei." Adair's momentary sorrow at believing Mordecai might not remember morphed into happiness as Mordecai said he would try. Briefly, Mordecai's eyes moved to Adair, who smiled at him, hoping to smooth over whatever strangeness was happening before them. "But I'll try my best for you both!" Relief filtered through Adair's body as he understood that this ceremony would indeed happen. "Thank you so much Mordecai. It really means a lot. I can help you refresh yourself on the words. I remember it pretty well cause my mom performed a lot of them, being the royal healer and all." Adair looked back at Cheiren, feeling fulfilled.

Then he looked back to Mordecai. His brow was furrowed slightly, but his smile was present and genuine. "Thank you, Mordecai," he said directly to the male, hoping to encourage some type of eye contact. He was not sure exactly what was happening before him, or why Mordecai seemed to be avoiding his gaze, but Adair wanted him to know how grateful he was for his help. "We could not do it without you." His voice was sincere. After a moment more, he looked back to Cheiren. "I should continue on my patrol," he told her, leaning in to press his muzzle gently against her cheek. "I will leave you two now." He did this almost on purpose. Mordecai's intense stare might indicate he wanted to speak to Cheiren. Either way, Adair did not want to intrude further upon two old friends, and he did have the rest of his patrol to attend. "Goodbye, Mordecai," he said with a last glance at the male, "and thank you again." With a final smile at them both, he turned and left.

-exeunt Adair-

"Adair speech."

@Mordecai

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG Intrepid Mortality