FOLKLORE

[ P ] Into the woods

Morning already it seemed.

The bird’s song marked the start of a new day, a new day of challenges, a new day of thrill and survival. Pain wanted the night to be longer, she needed it as little she could do last night to sleep long. Only four hours of sleep were archived after some more of reviving fear, nightmares that haunted her mind, making her attempts of erasing those past memories, wanting to break free form the emotional chains it brought. Chains destined to crush what was left of the female’s heart, a heart falling to pieces. After receiving nothing but words of hate through her childhood, fractured her trust in the rest, her trust on the world. And thus a weary behavior now consumes her , controls her, making of her a solitary creature, one who pretends to don't exist, to pretend no one can see her. Always at the shadows, hidden from their eyes. It was her way to protect what was left. Keeping her information under the table, away from others notice.

And last night, she managed to get a place to sleep, certainly it took her some minutes before feeling confident enough to trust the burrow was free to be used, though she wasn't going to stay for long. She was a traveler and staying in a place with the risk of an attack, she prefered walking through weeks. But if she ever found a place no one else lived, a place for her own, then she would take it. But always ready to depart if unwanted guest ever poked in. Social matters were a big no, even if she knew wolves tended to do better in packs, she just didnt felt enough secure in one, no trusting in what they could do to her.

Leaving that to a side, the black wolf remained hidden on the shadows of the entrance. Silver eyes lurking at the outside world making sure no one else was there. Not wanting to be spotted.

"Hear me,"
template by bean

@Sinclair
Sinclair had finally made his way to the pines and once he was beneath their safe boughs he felt better. There was so much open space in Cyrileth, though to be fair he hadn't explore it fully yet. The skinny dark wolf wandered through the trees, taking note of the stale pack scents. He thought little of them. As long as nobody bothered him, he didn't care. He was not here to cause trouble, he just wanted a sense of... something. He didn't even know anymore. With each passing day he was feeling stirrings of old and new emotion that he didn't know what to do with. So he was trying to find a place to hide, so he could think. It was hard to find the proper place.

Of course... he was not alone.

He spotted the silver eyes in the darkness as he eyed a burrow himself. It was already occupied, he realized quickly. He began to notice the dark silhouette of a black wolf within. A low grumble rose from him and he glanced around in agitation. For such hostile lands, there sure were a lot of wolves running around. He could just walk away now and forget he ever saw her, she didn't look like she wanted company either.
TABLE BY MYTH

The dark female kept with her silent stare, making sure her body was carefully hidden inside the burrow, the more blended she was the best for her.

Pain wanted to remain unspotted, hidden from those who could bring harm, from those who like in the past could see her as the killer she wasn't, as the evil creature, she would never be. She could remember those words from her "mother" words stating her alignment with the devil, about all the disgrace she could bring to their pack. She could not do more than swallow everything she said everything she did to her. And as soon as she left, she thought everything would be different than no one would ever be like that to her. But sadly soon after she realized it wasn't that easy, that even after leaving that kind of stuff would repeat again and again. Everywhere she went, she was seen exactly the same, the same fear, the same hate came. And from there she learned to never put her trust in others, to avoid falling again in the foolishness of trusting in something that could be fake.

But soon, a moving figure removed her from her thinking. It was a black wolf, with purple eyes. She could see him staring at her place, and she wondered what did they wanted. And it seemed she would have to seek another place to be, the idea of leaving without saying anything seemed to be the best one in this situation. But, she didn't know where else she could go, and to her, even though she disliked the idea, she had to ask for directions. Slowly pokes her head out looking at the wolf. "Hi?" She called in her natural low voice. "Is there any place I could live in? I didn't know this place was already occupied." She did though she was in the male's den. "I will leave once I get an answer, sorry for invading your territory. I am new here and i dont know anything of these lands." She said as walks out of the burrow.

"Hear me,"
template by bean

@Sinclair
The woman's low, quiet voice echoed from inside the den and he continued to stare into the darkness until she finally stepped into proper view. He didn't recognize her, but she didn't seem a threat so he relaxed slightly. "It's not. I don't live here, I was just looking for a place to be alone," he admitted. "You can keep the den." He had no interest in taking it from her. He hardly ever slept in a den; he preferred sleeping under the stars. The only exceptions were the times he'd been with Lye after the birth of their pups. When they got too big he moved right outside the entrance. He sat down and sighed, still obviously annoyed that he could never seem to catch a moment alone.

"This is my first time in the forest. I'm new to Cyrileth," he said. It was an offer for conversation, if she so desired. However, if she chose to turn and walk away from him he would not hold it against her. His gaze flicked up and he looked her over. She had dark fur and silver eyes. If not for those eyes, they were quite similar. He hadn't met many dark-coated wolves here, which he found strange. He had come from a pack nearly full of them. All of his family, up until his pups, had been dark in color. It was a surprise they had not all turned out with his coloration, instead of Lye's. His brow furrowed as he tried to remember their faces, it had been so long since he'd seen them, to be honest he was forgetting what they all looked like.
TABLE BY MYTH

"It's not. I don't live here, I was just looking for a place to be alone,"

A wave of relief invaded her as she heard the male's words, she was glad she wasn't being a fool by sleeping in someone's place. But she still didn't feel safe with the male, as she wasn't one who will immediately trust in his words, he could be lying, playing with her. It may be a bit exaggerated from her to think so, but she had her reasons to distrust what others say. Several times she was deceived and seeing as a fool, and it was always the same story, someoen saying something to her for in the end is just a bunch of empty words. Words meant to hurt her, to make her be seen as an idiot, and from there she now didnt want to fall in the same hole again, she wouldn't be fooled again. "Okay." She replied in a cold way, as her epression was blank hiding any hints of emothion, she wouldnt allow others to see her weaknesses. "You can keep the den." In response, her head moved slightly from side to side in negation. "I can look for another, " She saidas looks around. "I am not a big fan of being seen." She added as contemplates the male who's coat was with a mix of black and russet, something she had never seen. She took a sit as he did.

Her gaze was firmly placed upon the male's features, wanting to analyze his moves, his expressions. She wanted to be aware of anything that he could do to her. She was always ready to act according to what could arise. "This is my first time in the forest. I'm new to Cyrileth," "I arrived some days ago." She said for then falling silent. "Is this Cyrileth?" She asked in her natural low vocals. It was fun to her to notice that so far she had encounter males, and it seemed her intentions of being unknown to the world werent working, she wanted to pretend she didnt exists, to be someoen no one will know about. That way she could live in peace, away from other's harm.

"Hear me,"
template by bean

@Sinclair
The shadow nodded his head at her question. "The whole place, it's called Cyrileth. I don't know if the natives have a name for this specific forest, they probably do." He had been here long enough to learn a few things. "I've been here for quite some time... just exploring." he said. He didn't really know when he had come? Had it been a year? Months? He couldn't remember, time was often a senseless blur to him. He shook out his dark black coat and heaved a sigh. His thin frame could be noted easily by now and he found himself hungry again. Before, he had used his hunger as a sort of punishment but now... things had happened, he'd met some wolves... now he wasn't so sure he wanted to stay hungry anymore. He was just so confused.

With a shake of his head, he sat down. "Uh, name's Sinclair." he offered. He couldn't remember if he'd said his name or not, or if she had. He blinked and looked away. "So... what brings you here?" he wasn't sure what else to do but fill the silence with chatter. They were two strangers in passing and he didn't know if he'd ever see her again, but the least he could do was be nice.
TABLE BY MYTH

"The whole place, it's called Cyrileth. I don't know if the natives have a name for this specific forest, they probably do."

"Maybe." She replied, in a short but concise way. If you wanted a conversative wolf, Pain was far from being one, and short dialogues were a big part of who she was. A wolf who kept almost everything secret, away from others, she didnt saw sharing relevant information to those she didnt know. She knew what people was capable of, she knew people could use what she said against her, Pain couldnt allow herself fall in such foolishness again, she didnt want to allow other to break her to pieces again. Never again. And as time passed, she still didnt trust on the male yet, how would she if they just met? He could be easily pretending , he could be hiding his true nature, she had seen that before and nothing could really tell if that couldnt happen again.

"I've been here for quite some time... just exploring." "I see. I do the same..." She explained with her tipical dry voice, her metalic eyes moving from Sinclair's figure to the surroundings. She could easily resemble an owl , in the way in which she watches everything , contemplating each detail of the world around her, keeping a close eye to anything that could be sneaking upon them. And there , as she stared at his figure in silence, she noticed he was certainly slender. Lack of food? It could be as it couldnt, she didnt know amd even if she kinda felt the need to ask,but she didnt. She didnt want get invovle in someone's affairs, it may sounded selfish but she had her reasons to mind her own business. And with that she didnt mention anything regarding his thinness. "Uh, name's Sinclair." Eyes him in silence as decides what to say, she didnt want to be known, her plans were always to remove herself from the world's memories, she wanted an anonymous life. And an endless detabe about how to proceed took control of her thoughts. "Nice to meet you Sinclair." She said. "I am...Pain..." She did it, she revealed her name to someone. She could be risking her goal. "But, please dont mention me to others...i dont want people to know about my existence, pretend you never met me." She requested looking away. And there he asked her reasons of being here. "I was hopping to find a place i could call home." She said shortly.

"Hear me,"
template by bean

@Sinclair
It seemed they were similar in regards to their wish to be left alone. Sinclair's ear flicked when she told him her name, but almost begged him not to tell anyone about her. He snorted. "I have no one to tell," he said truthfully. The very little friendship he'd found here would likely not even care about her, or know her. Especially if she was from another land. "Good luck finding something. There are plenty of packs here, I think." he said. Surely one of them would take her in, but then she would be 'known' and that didn't seem like something she wanted.

His ear flicked and he looked north. "If you want to be by yourself, you could head north. Not many wolves go there, just... stay away from the falls." he warned. The falls were his escape, but not for the reason this woman might think. His nose twitched and he looked back to her. He wondered why her parents had named her something like that, but the way she acted told him that maybe she had not been wanted. It made him think of his own children, the planned ones and the... not so planned ones. He had not seem them in so long he was beginning to forget what they even looked like.
TABLE BY MYTH

"I have no one to tell," Was his response to her request of keeping her existence away from other's ears, the less people knew about her, the bettering for her. She wouldn't have to worry about facing others , it was all for her safety's sake. It could sound selfish, but it was all she could do in order to stay alive and keep herself far from unwanted harm. "Alright." She said, as an ear turned left wanting to hear any danger that could come their way. She didn't care if she was seen as a paranoid person, she had her reasons to always be aware of what was out there. "Good luck finding something. There are plenty of packs here, I think." She of course saw that as the worst idea she could dare to do. Packs were a hell for her. "Packs aren't exactly what I am looking for. I try to stay away from them." She explained as looks at his purple eyes in silence.

"If you want to be by yourself, you could head north. Not many wolves go there, just... stay away from the falls." Was there something dangerous on the falls? Well then, she surely wouldn't even dare to step there. She wasn't the type of person who would risk herself like those fools who drove themselves without caution. That's was for her a death sentence, a sentence without a cause. "Okay. I won't." She affirmed with a nod. "How are they? So I don't trespass on mistake." She asked for then falling silent.

"Hear me,"
template by bean

@Sinclair
Sinclair wondered, for a brief moment why she didn't like packs, but dismissed the thought quickly. He was not exactly built for it himself unless he was in a position where he could do as he wanted. He was not much of a follower.

"Just stay away from the Maiden's Tears. There's a pack there that doesn't like outsiders. Use your nose, anywhere that stinks of wolves, I'd avoid if I didn't want to be found," he advised. It wasn't hard, but a life like that seemed rather pointless. A wolf was made to be with other wolves, and though he didn't spend a lot of time with a companion, he didn't waste all his time avoiding others either. It seemed like a pointless endeavor. He let out a sigh.

"I don't know much else about this place, there's probably a few packs around here, but I haven't run into them yet. Anyway, good luck finding a home," he said.

He was too preoccupied with thought to think of much else to say to her. She had seemed nice enough despite his mood and for as long as he would remember her, he supposed he hoped she found whatever it was that she was looking for out of life.

-Sinclair Exits-
TABLE BY MYTH

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.