Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Dollhouse
Loner

LunarSolstice

Stardust: 275✪

Youthful paws pranced along the forest floor, scaring away all the little critters that hid in the underbrush, minus the few that had a death wish and didn't move for her at all. It had been a while since the pixie had made any purposeful visits to the fir and pine infested area, last time seeking refuge in the rivers that stemmed out from the neighboring wood that no longer existed. The scars on her right side an external reminder of what she was faced with in that place, being trapped while it burned down but at least she made it out with her life, for that she was grateful to the stranger that had helped guide her out. Sure it made her feel a little inferior for not being able to take care of herself but it was water off a duck's back, she held no ill will toward them and quite frankly felt in debt to whomever it was those seasons ago. They had run off nearly as quickly as one could blink, never knowing even what they looked like.

Her tongue lulled out of her mouth as she panted, catching sight of an object she was certain she had seen more than once before and she was starting to question if she was going in circles. This place might not be a maze like the land south but for a she-wolf with no sense of direction and forgot things really easily, walking past the same patch of moss six times wasn't too surprising. Instead of taking a break and running her paces in her mind to figure out where she messed up, she went foot first to follow the same exact path she had been on loop. No one claimed she was a rocket scientist and it was showing. Each step as familiar as the last, never once thinking; hey I should try another route! Nope, she just kept trudging on and on a marched in path surrounded by the most gorgeous fauna and flora.

Doll eyes popped open wide as something flew into view, landing on her nose and making her burst into a fit of giggles at the little hair thin legs tickled her chestnut nose. "Hello mister moth, how are you on this pretty day?" she giggled, cross-eyed as she continued ahead on her journey of going nowhere. Holding her breath, so not to scare off the pretty atlas moth that took up with her vision, even while looking forward. With a distraction she veered off course and went straight into a stream, tripping on a few slippery rocks and plunging face first into the chilly weak currents. The water glistened where the sun peaked past the trees, bouncing off like diamonds. For being normally so refined in her movements, this sure put a damper on any grace as she floundered to get herself back upright, unaware there might be someone nearby.

------------

"Speaking"

@Aurelia | notes

Sanctuary

Essie

Stardust: 935✪

Aurelia Rose

As the scents of the former pack that had taken her home faded with each day, Aurelia ventured deeper and deeper into the wood. Terror and confidence filled her and she wasn't sure which one was going to win out. She hadn't met a soul yet, but she knew she would. This forest was frequented often, and regarded highly for its plentiful prey. She just didn't want to run into... him. Swallowing, she kept moving forward. Eventually she heard the tricking of a familiar stream and decided to stop and get a drink. As she neared it, she heard sudden splashing around and she felt like her heart stopped. Blinking, she peered around at the lights and shadows, but could not see anymore more. She tried to remember everything Alecto taught her. She tried to remember her bravery.

Aurelia closed her eyes and sniffed the air, there was no familiar scent nearby, only that of an unknown woman. She dug her claws into the ground and drew in a deep breath before exhaling. It wasn't him. "Thank the stars..." she murmured. She wasn't ready. She pushed through the thick foliage that may have been blocking her from view. She stood at the top of the bank, knowing that it was best to be careful on the way down. "H-Hello? Are you alright?" she asked, peering down the bank blankly. She couldn't tell exactly where the other wolf was, she could have got up and left by now for all she knew.
table made by soar
Loner

LunarSolstice

Fixing her paws into the crevices of rock, she managed to get a good enough grip to push herself up, the moth having long since flown away in the sudden motion of her faceplanting. That was probably a good thing when the option to stay would have resulted in the poor creature getting drowned or squished to death, either way death would have been upon it briskly. Her grace still wavered as she had to balance between the two different terrains, on top of putting up with the steady force of a current that tried to will her paws down stream. Letting out a huff, she maneuvered awkwardly to were all four of her feet where in the water before hopping out of it like a fox trying to pounce on a mouse, refusing to let nature beat her out. Nature sure loved sneaking up on her when she least expected it, simply by existing.

Before she could shake herself dry, she froze up to the sound of muttering on the winds, unable to making out most syllables since her good ear was facing away from whatever was speaking. Twisting her head around until the notes became more clear, her head tilted toward the banks, angling the shell of her right ear to the soft pattering of a young voice, only catching the end of what they had to say.

-alright?

She had been too late to catch any of the timidity that had spilled from the strangers lip, left with only a single question that she didn't have to think too much about, swirling around to aim the rest of their body toward where the other blended into the bedrock of the shore. "I'm right as rain!" a childish chime filled the air, tail swaying as she finally spotted the smaller female as the silvers clashed with the green backgrounds. Honestly, she had thought the other was a boulder for a second at the current distance. Springing forward, she hopped up the bank with little care in the world, wanting to close off the distance so she could hear the other a little more clearly. "Ooooo! You look just like a geode I found before. Sooooooooooo pretty! Fur a dark smoky crystal and your eyes look like shimmering pearls!" she added at the halfway point, saying her thoughts out loud as per usual.

------------

"Speaking"

@Aurelia | notes

Sanctuary

Essie

Aurelia Rose

A youthful voice came ringing back at her and she offered a small smile, though she was still obviously wary. At least the other wolf was okay. She didn't know what she would do if they had broken a leg or something. She had no idea how to help someone with something like that. Aurelia's body tensed as she heard the water splashing, and then plopping wet paw tracks trailing in the grass.

They were coming towards her.

The woman started talking, her voice warm and her words complimenting, and Aurelia was not sure what to say. Pretty? She didn't even know what to say to that. "Uh-uhm, well I'd say you're pretty too but I can't see you. You sound like it, though..." she floundered. The concept was a little lost on her, but she meant that the woman's voice was pleasing to the ears.

The silver woman was a little uncomfortable and uncertain on what to do. She'd never met such an energetic wolf before, never mind one so friendly.

"I'm Aurelia, and you are?" she asked her curiously. It was honestly refreshing to be away from what she was used to, and also absolutely terrifying.
table made by soar
Loner

LunarSolstice

Periwinkle eyes fluttered around as she looked for roots she could trip on or another unsuspecting stream to form out of nowhere. Nails clanking and squishing on the large pebbles below her chocolate toes, lacking any form of a calm approach. As she refocused onto the stranger, she saw they were smiling, completely ignoring how uncomfortable they appeared as they followed her with sound more so than their eyes. Thinking about it, the other's gaze didn't follow her but were merely turned in her general direction and it was fairly confusing to her as she was certain she wouldn't be that hard to find. Out in the open for all to see, she let out a couple playful yips as if to tell them she was right there, right in front of her even if she was a good couple yards still away.

Those yard became less and less, she bounds closing off the space between them steadily, no pattern to the chaotic excitement of the cream woman. Words slew the rest of the noises that nature had to offer. A voice far more smooth covering up the soft trickle of water, the gentle swish of the wind that played with the foliage, the bugs and frogs that played their tunes and the prey rushing along the underbrush. Attention only on the voice, everything else just drowned out and she was left alone with the wolf of granite. Her head tilted her right ear toward them, taking in what they had to say, this time catching some of the discomfort trilling from their tongue but didn't think very much on it. She saw no point in changing her behavior now that she had a unspoken question answered, it could just scare her more if she flipped a switch to chill out. "Oh you can't see!? I can only half hear you!" she giggled cheerfully. As messed up as it was to be happy someone had a disability, she was more than ecstatic to learn someone else had issues. Though hers was nothing compared to the others, at least her sense wasn't fully gone but it did get her into a lot of problems.

Skidding to a halt, kicking up a few stones and greenery as her feet slid and knocked things out of the way until her body was stationary. Head tilting from left to right and back again a few times, leaning toward the other with a curious expression on her face. "Oh! I'm Mahin, the great and powerful!" she chimed, puffing out her chest as she took in an intense breath to look as big as possible. When she ran out of oxygen and her lungs started to burn, she let out a long breath and panted a couple times. "Okay not really, I'm not strong at all...but my name is Mahin! Mahin Parisa! It's a big delight to meet you! Wanna be friends?" she greeted, tail wagging and legs spread in unrelenting energy.

------------

"Speaking"

@Aurelia | notes

Sanctuary

Essie

Aurelia Rose

The other woman's cheery disposition was foreign to Aurelia and she wasn't sure how to react to it at all. It actually made her feel... uncomfortable. She blinked at her comment on only being able to half hear her and she wondered if that meant she should speak up. Her ears flicked and she leaned back uneasily as she heard a lot of commotion from the other, then she blinked again at her introduction -- and request. Friends? Aurelia stared and then, she simply shrugged. Friends were a hell of a lot better than enemies. Even if they were kinda weird. "I guess... I don't see why not," she said.

A few moments passed and a question began to nag at her. It didn't take her long to ask it outright, because she guessed this girl wouldn't be too offended given her energetic nature. "How are you so happy?" Not why... how. Aurelia had never had this sort of energy, and she found herself envious. Was it something she could get for herself? As weird as she found Mahin, she was almost instantly jealous. She wanted to know what it was like to feel so happy and carefree. Aurelia could have been dangerous, but Mahin ran up to to her right away and wanted to make friends... what made her too that? Aurelia wondered if she had never been hurt before and she wondered, if she had, if there was a way to repair what had been broken.
table made by soar
Loner

LunarSolstice

The she-wolf leaned in closer, tail swaying fiercely as the other agreed to be her friend, more than delighted to have someone else to call an amigo. First the big burly woman from the falls and now this much more dainty small creature, she felt they deserved her nickname more than she did. However, she wasn't about to call her something that childish, it would probably be really weird. "Yay! A friend, a friend! I've been having a hard time finding anyone nice enough here, you're only the second. Though I don't know what games we can play. Tag or hide and seek would be really unfair to you...with the eye thing and all. Wrestling would be okay but I wouldn't want to hurt you. You're. So. Tiny! I'm sure we could figure something out though! Like word games!" she yipped excitedly, plopping herself down as she waited to see if they would even want to play in the first place. It was easy to tell she was nothing but a chatterbox and lacked any sense of volume, sputtering louder than needed since she had an issue hearing herself.

Though all her excitement ceased as the other asked her a question, focusing on their mouth as she shrugged with an awkward smile on her face, tail twitching as she thought about a few things. "Mama always said I was special, her little Pixie. My siblings and Papa said I was slow and saw everything in rainbows...whatever that means. Mama would yell at them though, so it must have been something bad," she said softer, thinking about her life before she ran off to live on her own and prove her father wrong. It had been a year since she started living on her own and despite being caught on fire, she thought she was doing pretty good for herself.

"It isn't like I'm happy all the time, I can be sad and afraid too. But ummm new friends to meet, being alive, a crisp breath of fresh air, new places to explore, the sun on your coat, freedom; they are all things to be happy about!" she chirped, tail picking up pace again.

------------

"Speaking"

@Aurelia | notes

Sanctuary

Essie

Aurelia Rose

Games? Aurelia's brow arched and she smiled a little. "I could play hide and seek... I still have a nose and my ears..." she said. It might not be easy, but she didn't see why not. Now tag... that was a different story. Her ears flicked at the mention of wrestling and Aurelia shrunk back a hair. "Are you big? I-I'm not really good at wrestling" she said, though she tried to play it off the tone of her voice betrayed her. She had actually never really wrestled anyone before. "I didn't have any siblings, so I never really got to play any games... I've only heard about what my mother told me before she died." she admitted.

Aurelia listened to Mahin speak about her parents and it seemed like her father wasn't all that great either. They had one thing in common, a loving mother and a poor father.

She was sorry to hear it, but amazed that somehow Mahin found the courage and strength to stay happy. "Your dad sounds like a jerk and you still turned out fine." she muttered, shaking her head. She didn't mean to say the thought aloud, so she quickly tried to think of a distraction.

"So anyway... want to teach me a game? I've never played any before." she asked quickly. She hoped she hadn't offended her new friend already.
table made by soar
Loner

LunarSolstice

The pixie stared at the other rather rudely, not like they would likely notice the way her eyes traveled over the silver beauty that stood before her, picking up all the details of their face and pelt in a desire to memorize them to the tee. Her Ears flicked up as the other relaxed some under her scrutiny, excitement bubbling up inside her as she was tempted to prance right over to them and tackle them into a hug but she was doing her best to behave herself. It was so hard to hold still, so hard to be tolerable for those far less energetic than her. Though at the question about her size, her head tilted and she nodded at first, until she remembered they wouldn't be able to see that. "I'm not huge but I am bigger than you. Imma brush my side against yours so you can feel for yourself. Oh! Oh! And ignore the lumpy fur, I have burns," she yipped, hopping ever closer until she was parallel in body to the other, lightly trying to press her lush cream pelt into the other. Patches of fur could be felt missing from her side, causing an uneven surface of cotton to press into the other, if they did not shy away.

"You never played before!? Oh that's so sad. We have to change that! I can be your friend and sister," she declared, giggling as her eyes seemed to glow with how set she was in her statement, stance wide, head and tail held high. Even if it sounded like a bad joke, she took near everything she said seriously, no matter how much she didn't sound like she was sometimes. Her tail swayed, eager to the idea of having a new sister she could frolic carelessly with. Oh the fun they could have!

Umber brow raised in surprise hearing someone calling her dad a jerk without ever meeting them, her bright energy decaying a little as she hummed in agreement. "Yeah but most others saw things his way. Like how he wanted to send me off to be a mate of some male I never even met before in a different pack, saying it would be best for me cause: Mahin can't care for herself. Phooey, I've been on my own for a whole season cycle now! Proved you wrong papa, yeah I did!" she cheered, snorting like a bull to emphasize her superiority of success.

That was quickly thwarted when the other mentioned games and her mind flipped back to play mode, bouncing up and down as she thought of something to do, that wouldn't be completely ignorant to suggest to someone unable to see. Like I spy, find the certain colored object, cloud watching...not that she was any good at holding still for the last one but it was fun to find shape in the pillows above. "Game, game, game. Hmmm the question or do game could be fun! It could help us get to know each other and have some fun in the process. It's where we take turns asking each other questions, starting out small then getting more personal and if someone refuses to answer the question, they have to do a punishment! Or I think they call them dares. Yep. Sound fun?" she asked, prancing in place as she thought it could be interesting and it would be the first time for her too.

------------

"Speaking"

@Aurelia | notes

Sanctuary

Essie

Aurelia Rose

Mahin offered to 'show' her how big she was by brushing against her and before Aurelia could say much on the matter, she felt the other woman's body against her side. At first she shied, but she tried not to. There was no reason to. The other woman wasn't here to hurt her, she was just trying to help. Aurelia lifted her chin a little and turned towards Mahin when she pulled away.

"Oh, you're right," she murmured. She wondered where she'd gotten her burns from, but felt like if that was something Mahin wanted to share, she would. She seemed like the sharing type.

The silver woman's ears flicked when she talked more about her father and Aurelia's brow rose. An arranged marriage? Really? She didn't like this guy already and she had never met the man. She hoped she never did. "You don't need him! You don't need any guy, you can take care of yourself, obviously," she said. She had managed, and she was blind. In fact, every man that could have helped her had only hurt her and abandoned her.

Conversation slowly turned back to games, and Mahin proposed a sort of question game. Aurelia was hesitant at first, but she supposed it would be fine. "Okay... but..." she paused thoughtfully. "If I really don't want to share something... please don't push me." There were very few things she'd rather not talk about and she doubted any would come up in a game... but she had to be sure Mahin understood this rule was very important to her.
table made by soar

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG Intrepid Mortality