Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] And Of Her Judgement
Loner

post log:
http://folklore.rpginit.com/showthread.php?tid=1764

Ozone

Stardust: 30✪

Frayja Hrosskel
Hope not ever to see heaven.
I will lead you to the other shore;
Into eternal darkness;
Into fire and ice

White paws danced across such lush fields, fiery red fur concealed within dark pine and the cloak of night. She had made it here from the broken land of the so called home that her mind had abandoned. A low grin crossed her face, silver eyes tainted with red scanning the horizon of such profitable gains. Life was abundant even in the shimmering moonlight, nocturnal creatures making themselves known from their scattered steps that rustled through the undergrowth. They knew not of who now walked among them, the demon with no taste for disloyalty or those who made themselves of annoyance.

She was Frayja, a monster in wolf clothing.

Water streamed along the path she had taken, a waterway that came from what appeared to be a lake further up. The babbling of its nonsense language far to easy on her ears, a relaxant that entertained her senses. The scent was cool and crisp, cutting through the muck of the forest. The floor was damp from recent rains, a situation that muted the scents that got mixed in with the earth.

Nothing of interest had caught her attention, the brute of a woman finding rabbits and squirrels to be far to easy of prey. They weren't going to provide enough entertainment for more than a few moments, the playthings more of a meal than a toy. It was irritating, but she wouldn't mind it for to long.

She paused for not but a moment, taking a small drink from the stream. Her ears twitching and listening, curious as to anything that would bother to make an appearance to the phoenix woman.

@Lachlan

“The devil whispers”
table made by soar
Underworld

Essie

Stardust: 865✪

Once again Lachlan found himself lurking the darkness of the pine forest. He often came here for food and drink -- and to search for lost souls he might collect and bring back with him to the caves. His band was growing, but he was a greedy wolf and longed for more. His nose twitched as he searched for anything to temper his boredom tonight.

Eventually, he found something.

Amber eyes settled on a figure not too far off, strange hues he was not used to seeing. Scent was undoubtedly wolf. At first he thought it was Rhychdir, but as he came closer he found that it was not. He slipped effortlessly from the foliage, a few feet away from the small stream she was drinking from.

He made no effort to conceal himself or mask his noise. "Hello there. Didn't think I'd meet anyone out here tonight. Usually this place is so quite." he said innocently.

He wasn't lying, usually the forest was quite at night. Aside from the insects and random birds calling out, not many wolves tread here except the ones on nightly hunts. She didn't appear to be with anyone else as far as he could see, so he could assume that was probably not the case with her.

OOC: @Frayja

template by bean
Loner

post log:

Ozone

Frayja Hrosskel
Into eternal darkness;
Into fire and ice

Golden rimmed audits swiveled upon their perch, listening in on the paw steps that had made their way towards her. Perhaps a new plaything for her to use? Something to stave off the boredom when it reared its ugly head once more? No, instead it was a wolf of boring intentions, one that found entertainment in trivial conversations as to what was deemed normal in a forest such as this. Though perhaps she could use this to her advantage, to twist the cards into her favor a reap the rewards of an others effort?

“The forest is quiescent to deaf minds. It's tones roar louder than the most thunderous of storms.”

She offered a soft smirk, knowing that her words were filled with truth. If one were to listen they would be able to hear the music of the earth. Tremulous sounds that echoed out across the land. Chirping crickets, croaking frogs, the wind whistling through the trees and nocturnal life rustling the underbrush.

Yes, if one listened than they would hear everything of the forest.

She hummed, a curious expression covering her face like a masters painting. She moved, going to circle the smaller male, her gaze looking over him with interest. Perhaps he knew of something interesting? Knowledge of this land and the treasures it may hold? Or perhaps, she could try and find a new home, one not festered and rotten with cowardice and sloth.

“Tell me to whom I speak with and the allegiance he holds?”

She smiled, silver and red eyes staring at him as if ready to tell a imprecating secret.

“As I am Frayja, beholden to none and ever in pursuit for those of interest.”

Her voice was quiet, a hushed murmur that made one strain to listen in. Yet it was as enticing as the scent of a favored meal. Smooth and silky, calling for something or someone but never meeting its match. Perhaps she would fine her questions answered today, before she would wear this earthen pelt as her trophy.

@Lachlan

“The devil whispers”
table made by soar
Underworld

Essie

The man cracked a smile at her comment and simply shrugged. He wasn't exactly the type to pay attention to the little things. They honestly bored him.

It was the wolves he found most amusing. They were often his source of entertainment daily. “Tell me to whom I speak with and the allegiance he holds? As I am Frayja, beholden to none and ever in pursuit for those of interest.” An ear twitched and he looked at her curiously. It seemed she would be the searching one, asking the questions, and he felt it was a nice change of pace.

"Lachlan, allegiance to myself and my friends," he said. He laid bold claim on the caves near here. "We are taking the caves and starting something new."

He wondered... just what it was she was looking for.

He couldn't be certain of her, and as he watched her, he listened to all the noise that had faded into the background. The insects, the leaves rustling in the wind. It was monotonous and distracting.

After a few short minutes, he toned it out, focusing on her.

template by bean
Loner

post log:

Ozone

Frayja Hrosskel
Into eternal darkness;
Into fire and ice

A low smile crossed her face, entertained by his answer. A new home indeed was now lying within her wake. Passing up an opportunity was never something she would do. That is what now laid at her paws, a delectable idea of power and strength that she would not have on her lonesome. If joining a pack that was already formed was an option to her, the fur around her muzzle would have gone grey by the time she had claimed a seat of power.

So this, idea of claiming of caves was more than a profitable ideal. She turned, tail attempting to brush underneath his chin in a rather playful tease. Her body would turn quickly, wanting to come almost nose to nose with him.

“Perhaps a follower lies within your path, Lachlan, follower of oneself.” She smiled, backing up a step, the muscles beneath her coat rippling with the movement.

“Any King, Leader, Alpha, all one in the same. Each can lead with strength alone, but often they fall to ruin,” she stepped forward, eyes meeting his own and looking down her muzzle at him, “any that own my loyalty must show mental fortitude.”

She smiled again, breaking away with her tail flicking behind her.

“Perhaps your mind can entertain mine, as I will not follow one without sound mind and body.

She chuckled, her voice low and throaty.

“And of course, above all else, provide for me things that are of use. As such a ranking of worth is a trivial thing I seek.”

She would turn to face him, eyes meeting his with little regard for politeness. He was to earn her respect, or at the very least a loose veil of loyalty. Her voice still quiet and melodious, now holding an air of mystery to it. A voice that rolled over the air like a breeze over the plains.

“A spirited jig it dances bright,
Banishing all but darkest night.
Allow it to feast and it will flourish;
Allow it to drink and it will perish

What is it?”

The question simple, perhaps an easy one but it was enough for her to judge his mental capacities. It was time to see if a home was ready to present itself to her.

“The devil whispers”
table made by soar
Underworld

Essie

It seemed she was interested, but wary. Lachlan watched her as she turned before him, brushing her tail beneath his chin and gathering his attention more quickly than words ever would. She told him her desires, her requirements and he listened, albeit halfheartedly. His attention was often elsewhere. "I can assure you, I'm good on both counts." he murmured, a cocky smile threading his lips. She then requested a position of power, and his brow lifted as he recalled Loki's similar request. He could not undermine her, as he had promised her first, but it seemed strange to him that these women craved power over pleasure. Things seemed a little backwards these days.

She turned to meet his gaze and then asked him a peculiar question. Lachlan's smile faded and he became thoughtful for a moment. He didn't care for riddles or puzzles much. He was rather straightforward in his speech and actions.

"Is it... fire?"

Lachlan wasn't completely sure, but the wording had reminded him of dancing flame and he knew a fire spread when you fed it, but died when you watered it. In his head it made sense, but he knew that he could be wrong.

template by bean

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG Intrepid Mortality