Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Edge
Loner

post log:
a madman walks

Gemini

Stardust: 155✪

Nakh-Ke Khai

The summer, the summer it through the itching. His skin burned with the touch of the sun. It turned darker, some places getting angry and red. Other places were scaly, flaking with even the smallest movement, his skin peeling. The fur along the edges shed, his coat in its entirety only but a thin scraping of russet as his winter coat had left him. There was no denying the thinness that touched the man, the body of a creature born for the heat – it was the normal frame of the desert dwellers months, perhaps years away from Cyrileth – made to be able to stand the sun’s savagery.

Open sores touched many places as his body seemed to come alive with the crawling of insects, the mites attempting to eat him alive. Not all of the itching came from them though, he knew. Mange consumed part of the naked fourth of his body. The weather began to cause him to pull the fur from the other side though, as the itching began to spread. Emerald eyes that usually only danced with a mischievous curiosity now danced with the utter madness that an inescapable itch could cause; a god left worshiped by no one driven to the edge. He’d slipped that edge, the madman was true now, there were no fooling others that there was sanity in him as the heat exacerbated his problems.

A twitch touched his body, a grin was almost always painted across his maw. From time to time a whine would escape him before he contorted to savagely bite at the source of that moment. Sometimes he could be seen falling to the ground, trying anything to scratch, a burst of hysterical laughter pulled itself from him.

“Oh! They crawl! Crawl, crawl, crawl… itch, let the gods know I see, I see – what did I do?!”

Water splashed around his paws as he traversed the floodplains, the flashing silver of fish catching his attention from time to time. He would lunge, trying to catch one. Once or twice his jaws grazed one before mid-clamp, his body contorted, and he had to itch. He finally found himself laying in the water, mud consuming his thin legs, billowing up in the water with each twitch that racked his limbs. All that remained above the water resided above his shoulders – even then, his chin kissed the water like it was earth.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Faina
Loner

post log:
Sinning Souls

Amanda

Stardust: 120✪

There had been some places her son asked her to consider as he spoke of making a pack, to follow her footsteps before the life they made here. The floodplains. Upon her first impression it was in fact a beautiful place, though she imagined some rain could be faulty to the beauty it held. Lips curled into a dark line as her audits rolled forward, smoldering hues scanning the entire area before her. At first she missed it, the figure off in the distance rolling about in the mud and water. An interesting site really as she could not imagine doing such unless the heat was too much to bear. Slowly she walked closer to the figure, each step light against the earth as her head remained streamline with her shoulders. "Am I intruding?" She questioned, though even if she had been she would not leave unless forced...and even then.

The ebon' woman remained silent from there on, her eyes never leaving her new found company. In the silence she began to weigh the pros and cons of the area and how well it would work for those less fortunate. Floods. They were dangerous even for those with all four legs working, so perhaps the Floodplains were not the best of places.

"speech"

table by madison

@Nakh-ke
Loner

post log:
a madman walks

Gemini

Stardust: 155✪

Nakh-Ke Khai

The man had calmed as the water soothed his skin. The mud helped little, but things had calmed to a level that he could stand without being driven mad. He laid there so long, even some fish decided that they could swim close to him. He made no move, however, simply moving his eyes to watch their silver flashes twitch beneath the water. One even tried to nibble at his fur. He remained still, a small grin touching his features.

“Am I intruding?”

The voice made him jump, and he turned his head to look at whomever it belonged to. His emerald gaze fell upon a dark coated woman. He remained quiet for a moment before grinning and shaking his head, the water sloshing beneath his chin.

“No, no, no. No intrusion has been committed. Am I intruding upon your travels? Is this your home?” He spoke quickly, his words holding a slightly shrill tone, one of his legs beginning to twitch beneath the water. He heaved himself to his paws, water streamed down his fur and the naked portions of his body. Mud clung to places but was mostly dragged off in the torrent of water that ran down his figure.

“Who are you, stranger?”

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

@Faina

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG