Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Sparks to Start a Fire
Ilios

post log:

Claerie

Stardust: 235✪

Fire Fraught With Flame

- Ilios Pack Meeting | No post order | Next Post: 6/21/19 -

Nassar stood before an assemblage of ten-odd wolves. Most bore the token flame of the Tiamat and—in the light of the setting sun—blazed. Their emblem was that of Ilios, a name taken from one of the founding matriarchs. Her fire had been fit to conquer the pine forest of their old home—and Nassar prayed that hers would be enough to conquer this one. Whilst it was cold it was secure and bountiful. Her kin could prosper here, they need only protect the tradition that had served them well for so many generations. And, in light of their tragedy, they would need to be flexible enough to adopt that which was new.

"I stand before you as the first matriarch of Ilios." Amber eyes blazed as she gazed into each of her kin in turn. Some bore the fading wounds from the caribou hunt, but most had healed. She too was on the road to recovery. Beyond bruising and soreness, her ribs did not trouble her. "And you stand here as the first to rebuild our empire." A strong breath filled her chest and then, in a moment's passion, she allowed a low howl to slip free of her lips. Her kin would ideally join, empowered by the ownership of land.

Come the song's end, Nassar turned to matters of business. "Both my children and Sinai's have been deprived of Agoge. In order to prove their mastery, my children shall train their cousins." Gray ears twitched. "Karnak, you shall care for Ismalia and Arsinoe." Her stomach twisted uncomfortably when her eyes searched his. She could not entirely ignore the unnerving sense of foreboding that surrounded him. "Cairo, you shall train Badari and Khusus." A pause. "And Ahkoris—" Nassar glanced at her son who had nearly healed from malnourishment. "You shall train Minya."

Once the comments had died down, she broached the last subject of their meeting: change. "Whilst Agoge is traditionally held in a camp separate from the main, we are currently too vulnerable to split our resources. Agoge shall remain in the commons." She paused briefly. "And henceforth, sisters of the matriarch may breed once the presiding crown princess has passed Agoge." Nassar's chin tilted up as she, in a few syllables, changed a long-standing tradition. By her verdict alone, the only sin against Sinai's name was that of the man she slept with.

"And—" Nassar sucked in a rallying breath. "We will be allied to the Fairfolk, a native pack to the southwest." Her passion and her will were the only armor she possessed. That, and the memory of her sister's comforting words. "I have taken their king as my mate." The truth of it, when laid bare, was exhilarating. When she gazed out into the audience, she dared a single soul to speak out against her choice.

"A Fairchild is now a friend—and should they give you reason to doubt their word, speak with me immediately."

"We are all young and naive still."
code by claerie , image by Michael Barth
Ilios

post log:
steel willpower

soar

Stardust: 750✪
KARNAK TIAMAT. Heeding the call of his mother – his Matriarch – Karnak came to her, awaiting her words to formalise the founding of Ilios in Cyrileth. Upon arrival, he offered her a slight tilt of his head and a small smile; he would not try to shatter her image as the ruler before the gathering audience. “My Queen,” The greeting was carried upon gentle tones, enriched with excitement and swelling pride. She was not his mother at this moment in time, and thus he would not approach her as her son, but as her subject. Eventually, more would gather and he would watch as each one trickled in, murmuring words of greeting. Eventually, once their number swelled, the rich assortment of their golden and russet pelts gave an illusion of a gathering wildfire in the forest, Nassar would begin:

"Both my children and Sinai's have been deprived of Agoge. In order to prove their mastery, my children shall train their cousins."

Slight hue of red tingled upon his cheeks as he recalled his failure to provide her sufficient information regarding his education. But here, the Matriarch was giving him an opportunity to bridge the gaps caused by their flight, one he would eagerly snatch. "Karnak, you shall care for Ismalia and Arsinoe." His eyes flickered to the crowd, finding Ismailia among the faces, and perhaps Arsinoe. He had not properly met the latter, but if he could recall correctly, the child was of pure ice. Winter had kissed him upon birth, cursing him with a pure white pelt and glittering eyes of glacier. His ebony lips curved into a small smile – polite as he looked upon each child’s face if they were present – while curiosity raged on within his mind: would Karnak’s fire melt Arsinoe’s ice? Again, pride would grow within his heart; Nassar had entrusted him with the most difficult of Sinai’s children, and he would not fail her. “I shall not disappoint you,” his voice bright with happiness.

Nassar spoke about the Agoge next, detailing a slight change to their tradition, due to insufficient resources. While this is unfortunate – some of his treasured memories were training away from the nexus of their empire, within their secluded camp with teachers – he understood the change. "And henceforth, sisters of the matriarch may breed once the presiding crown princess has passed Agoge." A shadow of a frown passed over his brow but this change, he understood as well. However much he coveted to keep their traditions unchanged, some had to be altered in order to survive.

"We will be allied to the Fairfolk, a native pack to the southwest." The shadow deepened, betraying questions that brimmed within. If he remembered correctly, the Fairfolk was a pack that thrived upon the religion of constellations. Thus far, they had not posed a threat to them, but the alliance stirred a spark of unease within Karnak.

Had they run away from a religion to befriend another?

Yet, the worst was yet to come.

"I have taken their king as my mate."

Karnak prided himself in his capacity to manipulate his expression to shield his true thoughts and feelings from the world. To deceive if he must. But at this very moment, this ability was lost; shock etched upon his expression, blazed within his dawn-hued eyes. “Mo–” His voice was nearly weightless, breathy with the shock, but he bit down on his tongue, so hard that he could taste blood washing in his mouth. Immediately, he bowed his head, a swift display of repentance. “I trust you, my Queen.” He would murmur softly, his tones sincere and apologetic, and his eyes, shielded from Nassar, darted to find Cairo’s to see what lurked within the heir’s golden gaze.

The political aspect of this affair aside, he could not quench a growing hurt and grief within his heart. It felt as though his father was being brushed aside for another man. Grief would soon turn into anger; she had not merely belittled his father’s presence in her life, she had also sullied his memory. Kohl had died while they were fleeing from a religion, and Nassar was merciless in her choosing, favouring her mating with the pious man over the life and death of Kohl.

"A Fairchild is now a friend—and should they give you reason to doubt their word, speak with me immediately."

Karnak closed his eyes as she concluded.

“Karnak Tiamat”

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG