Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Relax, Just Breathe
Sanctuary

post log:

Claerie

Stardust: 400✪

By Shield
And Sword

"I wonder if she'll like these..." A small smile drew along Kylar's lips as she glanced down. Upon a broadleaf were several flowers. Their colors were not so grand or captivating, but their scents were sweet and stark. Kylar had wished to share her world with her niece and, if only by just a little, understand Aurelia's better too. As such, when Kylar had returned to the redwood—for the first time in a season—to pick weeds, she had happened upon many flowerbeds. At first she had gone about picking the prettiest of the flowers until, suddenly, she realized how futile it was. Discarding her work, Kylar had closed her eyes and navigated by smell alone.

Now, tucked within a greater leaf, they waited as a domestic bouquet.

Gathering the edges of the broadleaf in her mouth, Kylar began to walk once more. Her break had finished and, in truth, she was excited to see her niece. It had been so long since she had had family and someone to look forward to. Since meeting Aurelia, her days had brightened and her nightmares had faded. There was hope in her heart and a renewed sense of faith.

Limping, Kylar appeared near the mouth of a hidden cave. She had heard tell of the secluded place by Aurelia and, after days of searching around, had managed to roughly locate it. Now she approached—but soon stopped.

A stranger with ebon' fur lounged nearby, her svelte form holding majesty that few could possess. An earthy, herbal scent wafted along the breeze that caused Kylar to lean in subconsciously.

For a moment, she was paralyzed—but for once, not from fear.

"We are all young and naive still."

code by claerie , image by Mehmet Kürşat Değer
Loner

kenny

Stardust: 540✪
Alecto KalonThe Widow

Lounging in the mouth of the cave, Alecto let her eye drift closed. She and Aurelia had left at the same time that morning, but the Widow was the only one that returned. The scent of the other woman was faint, she had not ventured back that morning. Afternoon light shown down on her now, her full belly grumbled happily. Her hunting trip had been short, a rabbit had basically walked into her paws in its desperate attempt to reach its mate across the clearing. Killing the male quickly, she hadn’t bothered bringing the kill home.

Lapping the last of his blood out of her fur, she rest her head on her paws. Perhaps Aurelia had not been as lucky as she had this morning. It was not unusual for either female to go missing for a day and the black wolf thought little of it. After their training sessions, the older wolf’s confidence had grown considerably in the others ability. Aurelia was no longer the naïve wolf that Sanada had dropped at her doorstep.

Closing her eyes, she listened to the pine trees sway in the summer breeze and allowed it to lull her to a light sleep.

The sweet fragrance of freshly picked flowers roused her from her afternoon nap. Smoke and honey danced before her in a vision of beauty. Gentle colors smiled out at her from the deep green broadleaf that bound them. Lifting her head, her gaze took in the unexpected guest. “It seems I forget about our date.” She cooed to the unfamiliar woman.

“The black widow spins her web of animosity, and slowly smothers herself within it.”

table made by soar
[Image: kenny_group_by_vanillun-dcnod27.png]
Sanctuary

post log:

Claerie

By Shield
And Sword

D-date!?

Her ear tips burned as she stared at the succubus, her jaw dropping as a gentle gasp left her lips. The broadleaf fluttered to the forest floor and lay limp. Strewn about the grass were the flowers that she had painstakingly picked. Had Kylar found the presence of mind to look, she might have felt disheartened. Instead, she was captivated by the ebon' woman. An eye of honey and blue held Kylar within a golden web, one beaded with dew and iridescent in the light.

"O—oh, you must be mistaken, ma'am—" Kylar began, straining to not stutter and to find some sense of peace. However, her heart had chosen now to be the moment that it ran a five kilometer race. She felt the urge to fidget but stayed still for the time being. An awkward smile sloped on her lips, though the knight did not appear as at ease as she had wished to.

Ah—the woman's head shifted and, all at once, the ebon' fur gave way to scar tissue. A grisly wound marred half of the woman's face. Kylar's heart constricted and, all at once, the tan wolf sobered. The butterflies settled—minus a few flutters of the wings—and she collected herself enough to speak normally.

"I was looking for my niece."

Loner

kenny

Stardust: 540✪
Alecto KalonThe Widow

Oh what a pitty. Alecto thought absentmindedly as the flowers flittered to the ground. Petals roused by their fall drifted through the air and the woman who had gathered them stared at her open mouthed. It seemed she wasn’t used to this type of speech. Warmth flooded the ebon body and a small laugh vibrated in her chest. How curious for a stranger such as this to show up at her doorstep, after all the caves were still known as the underbelly of Cyrileth. To show up with such a gift? The mercenary wondered if the female knew how she appeared.

Cocking her head, the wolf angled her ears to hear the stranger better. Mumbled explanations muffled with embarrassment fell from the others maw and a delicious self-conscious smile lined her face. So perhaps she truly wasn’t in the market for a whore... besides, she stumbled on the wrong mistress if she had been. The urge to wrap around the woman and soothe her touched the back of Alecto’s mind. It seemed her time with Aurelia had made her too soft, too motherly. This woman’s embarrassment wasn’t hers to soothe. Besides, it was rather endearing.

Slowly, the tan woman’s gaze rose to meet the Widow’s gaze. Ever the puzzle, it seemed the sight of her injury was enough to bring her head out of the clouds. However, Alecto couldn’t help but notice she was not the only one in this pair who had been mauled. I was looking for my niece. Her gaze snapped from the crippled foreleg to the others face. Scarlet eyes stared back, lined with sincerity. Alecto knew her own family, this woman was not a Kalon. The only other in these parts was Aurelia, and she had not mentioned her family before. Alecto was not one to pry and the girl had never seemed to want to talk about them. She knew that the girl was from the pine forest, but that was as deep as her knowledge stemmed.

“I have to say, that’s a weird pick up line. Besides, you look far too young to be my aunt.” She said lightly, keeping her skepticism at bay. Unless Aurelia suffered from pollen allergies, the woman before her didn’t seem like much of a threat. Besides, if the grey girl was allergic to flowers, Alecto herself probably would have been a bigger threat. Still, she would not be the one to offer up information. The woman needed to prove she was who she said she was.

“The black widow spins her web of animosity, and slowly smothers herself within it.”

table made by soar
[Image: kenny_group_by_vanillun-dcnod27.png]
Sanctuary

post log:

Claerie

By Shield
And Sword

A weird... pick up line? Kylar's ears twitched with embarrassment as the stranger continued to misconstrue her purpose. That said, in hindsight, she supposed it wasn't so far-fetched that Kylar had come here to confess. After all, she had brought flowers to the woman's doorstep before laying them down—albeit unceremoniously. Even still, the two logical brain cells that whispered for her to calm down were not strong enough against all those that were flailing.

Warmth flared against her cheeks and she struggled to find words to say. I'm definitely old enough—no that sounds odd and it's beside the point and you don't even know if its true. Maybe... you're definitely pretty enough but—no, again not—

"Is Aurelia here?" She blurted out the crux of her goal.

"I'm her aunt and—" Kylar blinked before moving to tidy the flowers back onto the leaf. In doing so, she had to lean awkwardly on one leg. "—I didn't mean anything untoward. I just know that she can't see so—" so I brought her something she could smell. It was such a simple present. She had hoped Aurelia would like it but, after falling to the ground, Kylar was uncertain that the gift was still give-able.

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG Intrepid Mortality