Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] One in the same
Sanctuary

post log:
SHADOWS

Amanda

Stardust: 700✪

The idea once formed in his mind had planted its roots and began to spread like wildfire within the forest. Those he had already known, and those he was beginning to learn more of had trusted in him to provide a home and a place of safety. There were only few steps left now before everything in his head became a reality. For sure his mother would be proud of his accomplishments. It was beginning to feel like home, and the painful past memories of the flames was beginning to grow dim. Here in the land of Cyrileth he had once refused to call home, to rest his head in every night and stake claim to any lands. Things had changed, he had changed—all with the help of Kylar.

These lands were not his...no. These lands belonged to all those who wished to follow him, to trust him. A home for those who needed somewhere to go without judgement or backlash. Anteros was not a selfish man, and never would he be—the only display of his fury would be against those who challenged him in means to hurt those who would call the Pine Forest home. His loyalty was never ending, he was born and would die with it.

The summer sun lit the skies, the unwavering rays beating against his face with a unrelenting sting. He didn't move, however, he accepted the forest for what it was in this season and all those to follow. He would learn each crevice with such familiarity that they would be able to live as though almost invisible.

"speech"

@Pain
For all the lost sheep there is
The Sanctuary
Sanctuary

CloudyNight

Stardust: 185✪

The black pelted she-wolf was on her den, taking her time to rest in the apparent safety her burrow offered her. It was under a dead tree, which wood worked as a roof. Being resident here for more than a month made her happy, this was her very first time being able to stay in one place more than the normal few days she would take. It proved to be quite, free of trouble. Since she was banished from her birthplace, she didn't dare to stay for long, only three days at max. But finally she did.

And through the way, she met some individuals in this Cyraleth. Leviathan, a male she didn't feel comfortable with, well she never was with anyone. All were potential threats and villains for the female. She had her reasons for questioning everyone. She was kicked by her own family for being a "symbol of death and catastrophic circumstances" because of being born black. A feared coat by those superstitious individuals that called those huge woods as their home.

As the sun's rays crawled in her den, she stood up and poked her head out. Her bright silver eyes scanned the surroundings, she always hid her scent by rolling in stronger scents like wood and ashes. But as she looked around, she spotted a figure at the distance, quickly retreats her head back to the shadows of her den.

"Pain whispers"
art by Cloudy

@Anteros
Sanctuary

post log:
SHADOWS

Amanda

For a long time he had not felt as though he was alone in this place. In fact there had seemed to be a lingering presence with him for quite some time, though he ignored it for the time being. The air shifted, the warm winds pressing against his face and ruffling the furs of his neck. He moved from his position, large paws carrying him throughout the lands with ease before he stumbled upon a den it seemed, one buried deep within the dead tree. It seemed like a good spot for Kylar, or Aurelia even, so he decided to investigate further. For a moment he didn't see the figure curled within the den, so when he had in fact acknowledged her he stepped back. "Pardon me," He hadn't been sure how long she was actually there, but intrusion was not what he meant.

For now it was fine, but when the time came if she was not looking to further her stay she would have to leave. For now though that was not an issue. "Have you been here long?" She had been good at masking her scent, so he could only assume she had been on her own for quite some time.

"speech"

@Pain
The Sanctuary
Sanctuary

CloudyNight

She remained curled, being as silent as possible mentally wishing to don't be detected. She wished the person could just walk past her, and don't even notice her presence. Hiding from others was her life, her everyday fight. A fight that started when she was one year old, a fight she was forced into, and with time it became a routine. Masking her scent was only the top of the icebergs. she was able to even use fake names, ages or pretend to be mute. All were used for her safety's sake, ways to avoid harm from others.

Her heart bitted fast, feeling the thrill creep through her bones, impregnate in her veins. Her breathing was silent, like a prey hiding from a predator. A wolf becoming the prey. Prey to her past, prey of what she faced in the past. And even if she tried her best, she couldn't leave it, she couldn't leave those memories that changed her way of seeing the world. A world that until today had shown coldness, indifference to her well being. Her coat was like a curse, a curse that from the very start cost her a home, a loving family. She was cursed to be alone, to be seen as the monster she wasn't, the one who brings suffering, a killer.

But unfortunately, she could hear steps approaching, and as they did she felt her muscles freeze, get rigid. "Pardon me," Came to her ears, which flattened in response. And in a slow way, she turned her face to the person who attempted to enter her home. Despite the fear, her expression was cold, masking the weak insides of her core. "Hi..." She greeted coldly, wanting to hide any signal of weakness. And carefully, she evaluated his moves, expressions. Wanting to detect any warning, anything that could mean danger. "Have you been here long?" "A month..." She replied, not adding anything else. She didn't like to share her stuff with strangers.

"Pain whispers"
art by Cloudy

@Anteros
Sanctuary

post log:
SHADOWS

Amanda

Her body language had displayed her discomfort, and because of this Anteros knew better then to prod her patience. There was thing that had been a fact, however, and it had been that these lands would soon not be free to her or any other loner of the lands. He found it fair that it became her knowledge, so she was aware and not taken by surprise. "You are good at masking your scent. Had I not stumbled upon this tree you wouldn't have been found." The ebon' man backed away from the woman by means of giving her space. "I am Anteros," she was quiet, much like he was before he found someone to travel with, before he knew as much as he did about the lands.

Anteros expected she would provide him with a name as well, if she didn't he would take no offense in the matter regardless. Instead he remained patient, but grounded. If she decided to stay it was only a matter of time before she would have to find somewhere else to call home, but perhaps there was another way.

"speech"

@Pain
The Sanctuary
Sanctuary

CloudyNight

We All
Die Alone

Her eyes remained placed on the male's figure, taking note of anything that could warn her of an attack or threatening sign. Though her body was motionless, she didn't dare to move any muscle,any bone. In situations like this being quiet and still were her tactics to avoid attacks. "Thank you." She responded to his compliment calmly but with that peculiar mysterious way of speaking. Hiding her scent could probably be one of her best skills, an art she mastered after seasons of practicing, she could tell she does since she was a yearling.

"Nothing special.." She added as finally stands up and crawls out of her den.

Her eyes melted in silver slowly scanned the surroundings, her cautious nature acted upon her actions. She was at the watch of anything or anyone that could be sneaking up on them, just in case. "I am Anteros.." His name crawled inside her ears, and into her memory. A curious name, but she didn't allow herself to ask further, nothing of this stranger should be of her interest right? She never liked to join someone's affairs. "Pain." She gave her own name. "Do you live here?" If the answer was yes, fleeing was something she may will have to do, though she wanted to wait for his response. "I can leave if you so want..." she offered him, her safety was over any place she could claim. If they so wished, she wouldn't say no to leave.

"We are all young and naive still."

code by claerie , image by Phoebe Strafford

@Anteros
Sanctuary

post log:
SHADOWS

Amanda

Finally she had found the confidence to leave the den, and it was at this time he had got a chance to get a better look at her. She sported an all black pelt with equally dark eyes, his father had been almost similar looking from what he could remember. Few words had been exchanged between the pair, and finally she offered to leave if he had lived here. "I do live here, yes, though my plans range much farther then just that." He admitted to her with a subtle shake of his head, "It seems you are a wanderer, much like I had been before coming across this forest. I have decided to make it a permanent home to not only myself, but to a few close to me." The ebon' man drew silent for a moment as he pondered over his next words.

"If you are tired of traveling, or desire the same as I then I can extend my offer to you as well." He did not expect her to take it, nor did he wish for her to make such a decision if it simply didn't suit her desire or needs. Anteros, being the man that he was however, felt it necessary, especially if he was doing her any favors.

"speech"

@Pain
The Sanctuary
Sanctuary

CloudyNight

We All
Die Alone

Silent as a tomb , Pain kept observing the males fathers taking bite of all. His pelt was dark but not as much as hers, white regions adorned his tail, cheeks and all the way down to his neck and belly. And she couldn't help but make the memory of a make she met with similar colorations, and she wondered if they were related. But as cautious as she was she kept the question for herself, asking someone stuff could turn wrong, silence was key at some moments.

They started to speak again, and what she heard made her mentally sigh, they did live here. And how's that she never detect his scent? After the month she took residence here no one has seen the part from the wanderers came but left afterward, this male was out of her radar all this time. And she didn't know if to go somewhere else or "Oh...I thought the place was free." She explained herself in a calm voice. Panicking at this moment she could be foolish, she knew panicky could block someone's mind. But before anything else, Anteros spoke again. He explained he was attempting to form something more for his people, a safe place. And this forest would be it. A wave of worry formed in her chest, worry over losing what has been her home all this time, and finding another would be long and tiredly

. But soon something surprising came to her ears through her facade remained still. He offered her a place within them, and of course, her first thought was a no. She didn't have good experiences with groups, her birth one kicked her at the year of age, so why wouldn't these do the same? She had her reasons to question them, but what if she tried again? Could she allow herself to be in someone's paws again? The risk of betrayal could be high, she had to be careful. But after some more thinking, she thought about firstly ask about their values and the name see I feel it could fit her.

"What's are your goals? Or values?" She asked calmly.

@Anteros
Sanctuary

post log:
SHADOWS

Amanda

There was a long silence and he was only left to assume she had been considering what he was said, or thinking of a retaliating response. Regardless of what was running through her mind he wasn't here to force her, but the Pine Forest was spoken for. Golden eyes watched her until her lips finally parted to speak her peace, questioning what his goals were and what he valued most. That was easy to answer. "I value the safety of those who follow me, and my goals are all the same. There are some who don't have a place to call home, others who were outcast for being different." Audits flicked forward atop his crown, "my goal is to be their hope, their chance for a new life—to build back the confidence of those who had it ripped away." He became silent once more for his answer was straight forward, there was nothing more or less that he expected.

"There is a place in all ranks, but they all share one common purpose. We are to protect one another to our utmost ability, while having the freedom to be ourselves. If that is something you find can bring you comfort, then I can offer that to you." It was all in her court now. If she chose to walk away and leave the forest, then he would have his answer.

"speech"

@Pain
The Sanctuary
Sanctuary

CloudyNight

We All
Die Alone

So far no aggressions came from him , something that took away part of her insecurity but not completely. There could be the chance of speaking to someone who plays nicely at first but no one could tell if they will stay the same later, he may betray her at the end. She couldn't allow herself to fall into naiveness. "I value the safety of those who follow me, and my goals are all the same. There are some who don't have a place to call home, others who were outcast for being different." Those words fell deep into her mind, that was exactly her situation. She was kicked from her home just because of her pelt, of how it made them accused her of bringing death behind her, one who was a killer from birth. "I see." She took some time to think, she didn't want to rush this important choice, it was for her. Her future depended on it. "my goal is to be their hope, their chance for a new life—to build back the confidence of those who had it ripped away." "That's great to hear...kindness is harder to find as years pass...kindness became an illusion to me.." She said with bittered feelings though her expression remained still.

"There is a place in all ranks, but they all share one common purpose. We are to protect one another to our utmost ability while having the freedom to be ourselves. If that is something you find can bring you comfort, then I can offer that to you."

Should she join? There she started to build up her decision. If she said no, she could be free and all but having to find another place to live again was something she didn't want to do, she managed to feel happier in these woods. But if the answer was yes maybe she wouldn't have to depart, maybe she could stay forever but with more people this time. She didn't know if she would be able to be comfortable in a group after seasons of living in complete loneliness. "Ill join you...ill abide by any laws you may have...but i want to tell you its hard for me to trust... I was betrayed once..." She wanted to make something clear, though she did so politely. "and with ranks...I don't know...i am a loner since i was a child. Pack life is unknown to me, i will need some time to adjust. Can i pick a rank later?.." She asked calmly.

@Anteros

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG Intrepid Mortality