FOLKLORE

[ PM ] Observed Future

TAKA RAIDEN

For once the dark-coated male found himself at a loss for words when Nastasya praised him. He could feel his cheeks burning in a flush and was thankful for his dark coat and dark skin to hide it. The woman rested herself along his side which certainly didn't help matters much... Raiden murmured a few indistinct words of thanks before falling quiet. Enjoying the feeling of his companion at his side. He snapped out of it a bit when he felt her stiffen at his side. A sensitive subject, perhaps? Had he offended her in some way? Perhaps she saw his views as lackadaisical and childish, a clarification was in order. “Oh yes yes, of course. I do not disagree... but I was speaking particularly about the cold blood stuff.” As in one murdering an innocent bystander simply because they felt like it. He could not have known though, how close his comment had hit to home. “Every creature has the capacity to kill. Prey and predator alike.” Whether a crime of passion or one borne of devilishly delights separated the men from monsters.

The conversation had deviated onto more serious topics and after her initial stiffening at his words he did want to move onto something a bit lighter. Still she lay pressed against his side and he was all too aware of her presence. Tentatively he touched his nose to her cheek, a gesture meant to be comforting. “Most creatures have a basal want for family, a want to be wanted, at least the non-solitary ones, I think. It is what drives us to pick mates and settle down.” Would he ever do so? Ever find someone that cared for him enough to have pups? He didn't know if he could ever stop wandering, ever stop questioning... but to travel with children that could question with him. A mate that could do the same... Even he had the most basic desires for his own family. “I believe it's just a matter of finding someone to cherish you and love you. Which is easier said than done for someone like me but certainly not for you, I'm sure.” He laughed at his joke, at his attempt at humor. He hoped it helped but this thought of family, of pups and everything that came with it. A she-wolf that would love him... He'd never thought much about it till now.

It would be nice.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

With how peaceful it was, one could swear they could hear the male's heart speed up in response to her word, echoing off his ribcage but nothing was said to the silent nod. It surprised her none that he responded with silence, what was he to say but words that might entertain her, he didn't seem the type. He was always so cordial and chatty but she could not say the same for compliments or casual chatter, not that she minded. Sometimes it was for the best that two friends kept to themselves a little, opinions and views on things could fracture it into a million pieces if one was not careful with their aim. Her ear did twitch just a little when she heard faint whispering but she couldn't quite make out what it was he might have said or if it was simply a sigh to steady himself, either way she listened just as intently as if every word he said was something of great importance.

She could feel every curve that touched her as his body seemed to grow a little uncomfortable to the things she had said, defending that of killers but she had meant all kinds in general but she was growing to less accept her own belief with time. She didn't know the extent most situations entailed and blindly trusted the wolves that disclosed such information to her, be it that to intimidate her or to pass on their misdeeds to her like a sinner to a high priest, begging forgiveness yet unable to truly be forgiven by a mortal that had nothing to do with that sin. Her ears twitched softly against his fur as he explained himself but that explanation was not needed, dropping it swiftly upon his first sentence, giving a small nod. "We do not need to trifle further onto the subject, it is not a good conversation piece I'm starting to realize," she mused, not wanting to delve further into her subconscious to the likes of her blood. It was foolish to defend it in the first place or to shift it into something more light. That would never happen, death was a subject rare for anyone to take lightly.

Inwardly, she had to admit, she was surprised he still lingered, even she would have normally broke away from another by now but maybe he slightly needed it as well. That's at least what she decided to believe, why else would a young man cling to an older woman for so long? The gentle prodding to her cheek threw her off a little, blanking out for a moment as she processed the situation at hand and took in that it was a gesture of comfort and not trying to nudge her away. Normally she would be put off by a face so close to her own but she did not shy away, only her ears fell back a little sheepishly as he went on to speak, adjusting herself just a little under his gently placed weight. She remained listening and she let out a small breath from her nostrils, smiling just a little in amusement by him rambling on in analysis of how he viewed the desire for family, not surprised in the least at his scientific take on what formed such bonds. It was one of the reasons she liked his company, he was never boring even if she didn't have anything to add to his comments sometimes, he was good for scrutiny and taking away some of the more intense emotions that came with talking any other way.

She noticed him fall further into thought as he went silent for a little and she was tempted to give them back some space, more so for his sake of not having to arch down if she pulled away. All the same she felt he would have distanced himself already if it bothered him and she was a sucker for the closeness, even if the damp fur made it a little less comfortable than if they were dry and in a small den. Her ears flicked forward in surprise as he fell back onto things that involved more emotion than his prior comment, really thinking he had finished but it seemed like it was more so just getting started as he finished with something less pleasant, self shaming in humor. Wasn't that her specialty? She stared off into the fog for a long few seconds, time seeming to still as she felt her brow knit tightly below her crown. One thing she knew about self depreciation was that there was always some truth behind it, a flaw one saw in themselves. "That is nonsense!" she stated with a slight firmness that did not often come from her breast. "Sure some females might find you staring at prey instead of hunting them a little deterring, afraid you might not feed the family," she took in a breath, sometimes questioning how good of a mother she would be having a similar problem.

Carefully she pulled her head back to look toward his bright moons that caught every bit of light that pushed through the mist, her own rubies not nearly as glistening as she gazed upon him. "But anyone would be foolish to not see past that. They would be missing out on such a charming, smart, sweet, curious young man that sees how beautiful this world is, far beyond anyone I have ever known. You are someone special and easy to cherish. If I was a bit younger, I would take you in a heartbeat," she cooed, smiling warmly. The realization of what she said at the end dawned on her a little late, instantly getting nervous but too tongue tied to apologize as she was certain it would creep him out and put tension between them. The only thing she could manage to do was drop all eye contact instantly. Eye contact meant confidence, confidence was something she did not have. The biggest question on her mind was: did she really mean what she said? She hasn’t really thought about how she saw him, mostly just happy he was here existing with her and couldn’t say for certain if her words were of motherly reassurance or some kind of view of him in her subconscious. She wasn’t sure she wanted to know the answer.

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | notes

[Image: dcuf81q-4aaec622-dcb1-4a6c-a9e7-46d457f84823.png]

TAKA RAIDEN

So, the topic had been started and then it was dropped. He would respect her want to not discuss the topic further. If there was one thing he tried to do it was respect such boundaries, especially in coming from a household where topic that he didn't want to discuss were often pushed on him anyway. He knew what it felt like and thus would let it go. Both had spoken their piece and maybe they would come back to it again another day, or not, whichever she preferred.

When he'd begun to speak on family, turning it a little personal in the process he'd only done it for a bit of humor and to compliment her as she'd done him. In the end it made her speak out in a firm voice that surprised him. Startled, he glanced over at her, golden eyes blinking his surprise. It was true that he believed a bit of his own self-depreciation. In his own self he saw a strange male that, while smart, was not like "normal" wolves that wandered Cyrileth and Hia. He was someone that stared and questioned, that preferred to find the logical way out of a problem rather than with claws and fangs. Sometimes he envied his brothers for their boldness and the ease at which they could use their fangs while he shied away from such things. He knew that that wasn't what most females would like... Not that he minded, he supposed. A life of solitude and wandering... That's what he'd picked. Until he'd met Nastasya and found a bit of himself in her. Someone that was perfectly content with watching prey rather than immediately hunting it. Someone with their own far-reaching thoughts. Even if they didn't agree on something he could still respect her opinion and be grateful that she had a mind of her own. It was... intriguing.

Her gaze found his own, red meeting gold as they stared at each other for a moment. What was she thinking, he wondered? He didn't have to wait long to find out as she answered. Pouring her heart out to him and speaking exactly what she thought of him. His eyes widened, embarrassment on his face and blush from before echoed tenfold. His gaze flicked away from her own, unable to hold its intensity as what she said sank in. His tongue flicked around his lips nervously as he tried to think of what to say and failed. Instead he just stared down at his reflection in silence, heart thudding a frenzied cadence against his chest as he tried to get a grasp on his emotions.

“Do... uh... Do you... mean that?” He finally spoke at length, unable still to meet her jeweled gaze. What would he think if it were true? She was older than him, yes, but spending their time together he didn't really think about it. They were kindred spirits looking for that bit of extra beauty in life. Who cared about who was older and who was not? Although he never thought that she would think of him as someone that could make a she-wolf happy... In that way. He blinked, trying to decipher his feelings on it all and failing.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

Her ears flicked a couple times in wait for him to perhaps depreciate himself further or bark out a laugh, pushing what she said aside but instead she could see nervous twitching as a tongue swept over his lips from the corner of her eye. So in turn, she waited for him to abruptly hop away, making space for them both to breath and keep to their own minds. It was not so much a surprise that he didn't act as she expected, wolves were some of the hardest to read and understand, for her, no matter how much experience she had interacting and watching them. It would be a lie if she didn't spend more time watching what he was doing; his mannerisms, habits, things he liked or didn't. Just like the specimens they would follow, make speculations and watch their every movement; he was equally one of those specimens for her but she was a little more indirect in going about it. She could easily hide that bit from him by using the excuse of listening to him speak or wanting to see a reaction, both just as true but there was always something more on her mind. Whom he was or rather what he was. Her research did not end where he would stop.

Raiden was an enigma. Most everything he did didn't follow normal instincts and unlike her, he seemed to be that way completely without a thought behind it and it made her want to keep him safe and as sweet as he was now.

Do... uh... Do you... mean that?

Just as she wondered, he asked the question aloud with an awkward tremor of uncertainty and self-conscious hints. Slowly she raised her gaze from the ripples of water created from the smallest of movements either one of them made, from breathing to the tiniest muscle spasm, peering over him with thoughtful eyes. She could just blurt out something elementary and swift to quench any misconception or parry with a motherly chime to sooth the fur that could be risen, if not for the water holding it down. Taking in a breath, she wanted to be the reassuring friend that made him look upon himself in a better light and not make the situation all the more awkward but she knew she didn't have the best of quick quips to ease any of the tension or whatever plagued his mind.

There was one thing she didn't have the clear answer to and that was if he was asking as whole if it was true or any one thing in particular that repeated far harder in his mind. Inwardly, she felt the last sentence she had spoken was the biggest offender for making either of them break eye contact and fumble on themselves. She wasn't sure if that was what should be focused on for her response, knowing when her mouth went ahead of her thoughts, they were the most honest things she would speak. "I wouldn't be able to say it so easily, if it wasn't true in my heart," she took each word in tandem, making sure not to fall into a stutter or go into a ramble. It was hard not to do either as their bodies were still very much touching under the warm liquid, reddening their skin as it attempted to sooth their muscles from stress, something this conversation was doing the opposite of. She had to throw some ice into the boiling water and hope to simmer down the situation. Unfortunately her jokes often lead along the lines of shaming her taste in men, which in this case would probably be mocking him directly, that was the last thing she wanted to do.

What was best to do in times like these when it came to him? Cheer the other up with a bad joke, be comforting, twist the topic, invoke play, talk about things further in depth, talk about some obscure thing like why, change the subject. She seemed to have no answer so the best option was to just be herself and hope she didn't make things more uneasy for him, if that were possible. "I'm sorry if I made you uncomfortable, sweetie," she apologized, glancing away at the floating mists blocking her from seeing too much further than the pillars that lined the other side of the pool they occupied all alone. "If it's the last part sending you into a fit of nerves, well I should have probably thought before I spoke...but it isn't like I'm going to eat you," she teased softly, gently nudging him with her shoulder, trying to ease the aura around them that could light the very water ablaze.

Even if she was acting calm, she wasn't at all, freaking out so much on the inside. Deep down she wasn't sure if she wanted him as anything more than a friend out of their strong spiritual connection or if it was a mind of someone wanting babies that made her spit out such odd things that was probably really awkward for a friend, teacher or travel companion to say. She couldn't deny that it wasn't the worst thought, he was handsome and seemed to click with her so well, yearning for contact she had constantly avoided until now but at the same time, she never thought about it these few days she had met him in such a way. She was just as lost as him on how she felt, it wasn't like he was some childhood friend she had known forever. Not that it mattered, he was just a traveling companion very recently turned friend, a young one that still had a future ahead of him. Unless they formed or joined a pack, the chance they wouldn't separate sooner or later was unlikely.

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | notes

TAKA RAIDEN

"I wouldn't be able to say it so easily if it wasn't true in my heart." Damn her for saying things so kind, so sweet, so sincere that they touched his heart in a way that he never knew of before. The one kind of love that he did know was that of family love between he and his brothers. He wouldn't say this was the same thing, to say that he was in love would be jumping the gun. He, well, he very much cared about her and she was his friend... His friend who was making him feel very strangely as he never had before. No woman had ever said nice things to him before like this and while it muddled his mind and made him nervous... he did not dislike it. It was just a fact that he couldn't figure himself out, let alone this situation. It didn't help that they were still touching... but he didn't yet want to pull away. Not even when she bumped her shoulder against his, in what he knew was supposed to be a comforting gesture to go with her words. He quickly flashed her a grateful smile, happy that she could lighten the tension... If only for a little bit.

“No, it's quite alright, Miss Asya.” Really, it was, she was just saying what was on her mind. Perhaps if he was analyzing another wolf in this situation he would be most intrigued but when it was himself, trying to decipher his own feelings? Perhaps later he would look back on it and be able to think clearly and gauge all sorts of signs and get insight into how this all was working but now? “I just... well...” He sighed, for once since being around her he was at a loss for words. Completely.

He was a big boy. He could do this. After all, hadn't she just said that she wouldn't eat him?

Golden eyes found her own red ones. “It was the last part... I've never had anyone say anything like that to me ever and uh... well...” A glance down to his reflection obscured by the mist and distorted by their minuscule motions. “I don't quite... know how I feel. I know that I think you're very sweet as well and there's no one I'd rather spend time with because you're so intelligent and see the world as more than what it is, like I do. I wish I'd known you sooner and could talk more with you and see even more of the world with you...” Like most other wolves didn't. They were so alike and he loved that but... Should they do anything about it? Was that what she wanted? Was that what he wanted? Was he reading too much into this? Probably. But when didn't he read into things too much? “Would you really snatch me up if you could? Because honestly I don't mind that you're older than me. With how much we get along I feel as if we're practically the same age!” He smiled down at the waters, thinking back on all their interactions. He didn't see her as an old woman that he was just following around... He saw her as what she was. A wolf that he enjoyed being with immensely.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

In truth, she wasn't expecting anything less than a bad reaction or for it to have never been taken so seriously in the first place, for him to not weigh on it because that was what so many others would do. Take her as just being nice or make a joke of her being thirsty, either way for him to be so strung on thought and allowing it to engulf him made her nervous of what was going on in his head. It shouldn't be a surprise, he analyzed everything and, well, anything they came across no matter how minute and arbitrary. So for a smile to crack after her little attempt at defusing the situation, her muscles felt far more relaxed than they had before, such tightness being released gave the same rush as succeeding in something. That relaxation would be short lived, as in a few more moments it would be swimming in those thoughts of his.

At the assurance she had not bothered him, to the point of keeping that awkward tension at bay, she smiled faintly with a small furrow and nod, waiting to see if he would deactivate it altogether. Unfortunately, a sigh followed not long after, words filled with that of trial and tribulation very clear as his words did not flow as they normally did, still. She wanted to do what she never succeeded at, healing the mind and heart but alas, to this day she had not come to unlock the inner psychologist she wanted to be. That would take knowing the mind of wolves, something she was ill practiced at, she was horrible at reading others let alone how they thought. What made them tick. It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

Her thoughts were stripped from her as his lightning gaze captured hers, making her lose focus on anything that wasn't him, hypnotized by the serene chaos that was this fine young male. Skull slanting to the side as he confirmed her suspicion of the end being the torment that splashed on him more than any of the rest, at least it wasn't the minor insult that he was stuck to so firmly. She let out a minuscule sigh as he broke her gaze, finding the action rather submissive but the dark maw of the other caught her attention more as it moved to continue on.

How he feels? Her eyes widened a little as she realized what he was focusing so much on, made clear by such a uncertain divulgence of his thoughts. Had he taken her words as a confession? Perplexed, she continued to listen to his praise of her and his genuine thoughts about her, making her heart pick back up in her chest, thudding so much she swore the world could hear it. At the mention of wishing he had known her earlier, she couldn't help a small bit of amusement since she knew if they had met too much further back she would have listed him as her son, no conversation such as this one would be happening. Why couldn't she had categorized him as that from the start like she did so many others? Life was easier that way, being a mother to all if they were open to accepting it.

There was such a short break that it felt like it didn't exist, his rambling continued onto even more embarrassing things and she couldn't seem to get a word out edgewise. His question was so direct but held a distance at the end. Yet, he pulled her back in with taking the words even further into consideration, taking everything without a single grain of salt. He was so innocent, so pure, so sweet. So vulnerable. Her breath caught as a lump in her throat threatened to make her cry, not sure at all why such an urge surged through her body. She did not allow it to happen, there was no reason for her to shed her heart in that way. Shaking her head to free herself of that feeling, she sat there in silence for a good long few seconds before she took in the fact that she needed to say or do something.

Slowly she dipped her head down and lightly brushed her cheek against his, turning her head until the top of it rests against his cheek and bridge of her nose pressed under his chin. It took a little more time for words to form but as they did, it came so easily. "Our journey is just beginning, it does not have to end any time soon; we can talk and travel until the end of our time," she spoke soft yet firm, her muzzle sliding up to nestle up against the base of his ear.

"If I may be so bold..." she recited his own words from the moment they truly met, when their adventures first started. "It's up to you how the story is written. I think you already know my answer..." breathed coyly into the delicate skin and soft fur of his temple. Touch, something so effortless seemed to add so much more context, maybe that was why she enjoyed it so much.

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | let me know if you want anything changed

TAKA RAIDEN

His words made her bolder as her face came to rest against his own. There was a twitch of his tail that disturbed the warm waters and a light feeling in his head and the lightest tickling of butterflies in his stomach. Should he reciprocate? Was she trying to push their relationship further? He was still caught and uncertain. The boy trying to figure out how to be something more but not quite understanding it all. “May the journey be long and thrice as enjoyable as it already has been.” He gave a crooked little grin, full of nervousness but also happiness. Then, after a moment's hesitation he rubbed his own muzzle underneath her chin. A quick, fleeting thing then he shied away from the action. Unsure of himself.

Her muzzle tickled the base of his ear, stirring the fur there as she breathed. He couldn't deny that these were stirring feelings deep inside him... The kind that made him want to pursue this further despite his nature to take such things slowly, to analyze and cross-examine every single emotion.

His ear twitched, his golden eyes briefly full of mischievousness as she turned his own words against him but quickly he was looking back at the water below him when she threw the ball into his court.

His heart hammered in his chest, adrenaline taking hold as he hesitated, unsure what to do now that he had a firm grasp on the ball. Should he take the plunge? Because despite the kid inside of him firmly shying away and saying that Nastasya was not saying what he was certain she was saying, he knew that he was curious to this new world she was laying out before him.

But still hesitant that he might chase her away or say something silly to offend her.

He turned to her, looking as if he'd just seen her for the first time. Her soft cream and russet fur, those rounded ears that were spaced just so to make them adorable, that pink nose, and those red eyes that were bright like fire... Traits that he found fetching but that he hadn't thought much about acting on until now. Until she'd laid the path out before him. “What if we take the time to write our story slowly...” He took a breath and leaned forward to touch his dark nose tenderly to her forehead, tongue flashing out to lick the creamy fur there. He wondered if she could hear his heart hammering inside of his chest or feel the heat radiating from his blushing cheeks and ears? He was certain the butterflies would fly right out of his belly and expose him to the woman. “And see where it takes us?” Was he doing this right? Was this what they both wanted? “I admit that I am fairly new to all of this... So, uh, am I right in assuming that you are 'coming onto me', as they say?” He supposed he probably should ask to be sure... Were they not friends who could talk to each other? He knew that was what they'd been cultivating this time and he hoped that they could keep cultivating this. Whether they stayed friends... or whether they became something more.

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

The gentle push and pull of rippling water on her pelt caught her notice as she turned her head just a little toward whichever direction they stemmed from, cautious of it being caused from something that could be dangerous, like that of the apes or even another wolf having come to play. Her cherry eyes settle on the rear of the other for a brief moment, noting it was just a subtle movement of probably his tail or a leg jitter she couldn't quite feel under the water and thick atmosphere, taking in that it was not the easiest to breath in the dense mist. It seemed to be getting harder and harder to see but that was the least of her concerns as she felt his jaw move against her crown, letting out a soft breathy chuckle in his concurrence at her less dramatic comment, simply happy he was not pulling away from her nor diverting away from the matter. A shiver trailed down her back, temporarily knocking away the warmth, feeling an odd bit of intimidation and things not to be spoken as his muzzle rested so close to her throat. Part of her wanted to shy away but the other wanted to move it along further, provoke it. Before she could settle, it seemed he had lost that bit of courage, dropping his head back down to the waters, viewing him like it was hanging in defeat. Her brow twitching just a tad before she had moved to press her lips to the tuft of fur before his ear.

Outwardly, he didn't appear much different as she had truly removed space from them, taking what he said to the actions he had done thus far as an invitation that she was not someone he was about to push away on a whim, allowing her to step over a boundary. She had a bad habit of testing the waters and he was no different, his lack of taking any opportunity to escape and initiating some touch himself, it felt as though he did not harbor an ill taste for contact. At least not for her, at this moment. It was faint but she caught the slight hunger for trouble in his eyes as she spoke his quote, though with her head at the angle it was, seeing it in full was rather difficult since his head was also tilted down away from her, lashes mostly veiling his gaze from her.

Gently she slid her muzzle off from atop his head, looking at him for a moment before closing them to meditate and think of a few things as he seemed lost once more. Russet ears twitched gently, unsure if she was hearing her own heart racing or his at this point. Letting out a steady breath, she was truly trying to decipher what either was them truly wanted. Were these really feelings of something obscure others might call a crush; falling for someone, or something more devious; like sensual gratification. With the few men she had taken to over the years, and one girl, she would think it would be easier to tell affection from lust but they seemed to easily go hand in hand. She didn't want to do anything she'd regret nor he would. He was young and curious, even admitting he never experience anything so much as a kind word of the sort she mentioned. It made her feel like a brash vulture, acting on nature by taking the easiest scrap instead of thinking logically.

Did these kinds of feeling ever truly have logic behind them?

The shifts in his body peeled her eyes back open, reminded quickly where they lingered for a good while now. Her attempts to think properly didn't prepare her for the way he would look at her upon laying her sights on him once more; studying her every strand of fur and how it fell, each odd feature she possessed. Her head tucked a little bashfully, looking at him from below her lashes and away from his invasive gaze, feeling a little self-conscious as he examined her. Her speckled tongue gently wrapped around her nose before slipping back behind her lips, taking in that she did this all the time when he wasn't looking at all. She never thought about why she did it, other than thinking he was something unique and stunning, something to study and learn from.

"Am I your new subject of observation?" she teasing softly.

Ears lift a little as he starts to speak, causing her to also raise her head a fraction. Slowly. The word repeated as something pressed to her brow, damp and warm with air trickling past her fur ever so slightly and her view being invaded by ink and chestnut. Her heart leaped to her throat and electricity shot along her muscles as she felt a kiss slip over her crown, though fleeting just as swiftly. It seemed neither of them could conform long enough to give the other space, not that she minded but the air was thick with more than just the spring's fog. With a pause to listen to him continue, a smile slid along her pale lips as a heated playfulness ate at her core. Carefully she rose from her haunches and took a step forward, stretching her neck out until her muzzle was not but a hair width away, feeling the faint prickle of his whiskers against her own. "I've never been very good at being patient when it comes to things like this," she brazenly whispered with half lidded eyes.

If he has not pulled away, she would gently glide her side and back under his chin, provocatively, to answer his last question before creating space between them. Once a few steps were made, she playfully shook herself off, splashing him to resume what they had been doing until serious endeavors took place. It was an open invitation to continue along a path he did not know, or to go back to the one with less consequence and childish fun. She wondered which he'd pick.

Would he take a direction separate from either?

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | notes

TAKA RAIDEN

"Am I your new subject of observation?" The teasing tones made his smile less nervous and caused a soft laugh to escape his maw. “Perhaps you are, Miss Asya.” If there was one thing that always made sense in this world it was when someone teased him or when he could do the same. Although he'd never had it sandwiched into a tense situation such as this before.

The temptress before him rose to her paws after his sweet kiss to her forehead. The young wolf had not pulled far away, he still stood before her looking down into those deep crimson depths while he felt the stirrings of something deep inside him. Was it the mist making everything so heady? That seemed to make her swirl around in his mind over and over. Every touch she gave him was electric and the longer the interacted in such a fashion the harder it was to focus. He'd vocalized his wishes to take things slowly but it seemed that Nastasya had other things in mind.

Her body slid underneath his chin, causing another feeling to awaken in him as her feminine scent touched his nostrils. He swallowed, eyes tracking her hungrily as she made her way seductively away from him. He'd never done what was laid out in front of him...

But damn if he wasn't going to try today.

He took one step towards her but paused when water kissed his skin from her playful little game, distracting him for a moment. Well, who said that he couldn't have a little fun with their play as well? One corner of his mouth lifted up into a smirk that touched his eyes to give them a mischievous glint. Then he approached from behind and draped one wet paw over her haunches, head lowering to nip at her lower back and tease the fur there. “But what if I want to just make you wait forever?” A game but a far more risque one then she had been initiating with the water.

But he hesitated there once more, teasing but escalating no further as he eyed her roguishly. silently asking permission before he escalated it ever further. That burning in his loins was difficult to ignore and it was driving him further with more confidence than he had ever dared before. May I? His expression asked.

-fade to black if she wants??-

“I am speaking”

table made by soar

She returned an amused smile, always happy to hear anyone and everyone laugh but his sang far more to her, his slight relaxing also appeased her. "I've been told by other spectators I'm like a rabbit...so I hope I don't lose your interest too fast," she hummed, recalling Elias asking her if she was one in general due to her skittish, submissive nature and prone habit of hopping while trekking uneven terrain. He hadn't been the only one to call her such, a few others have at least referred to her as prey.

It was hard to keep the eye contact, instinct always nudged her to keep them down and away from others to show she didn't want a fight nor trouble. The way he returned it with bright moons had her skin crawling all the more, that hunger for decadence; to claim her was there but so was an uncertainty. She was no sign reader but she knew that expression all too well, there was something different than normal though, this wasn't a man just aiming to satisfy an urge but a friend that did not wish for it to taint them. Perhaps she was just seeing her own reflection in his eyes that mirrored her own thoughts and feelings, ones she had troubles decipher in her head. She didn't want him to be just another wolf that took her and left, shattering her psyche time and time again when she thought they reciprocated her feelings, one of those times ending in devastation that was part of the cause of her leaving Cyrileth for a while. It hadn't been to just see the world, it was to put back together her heart in more ways than one; get rid of the pain.

All that mattered little right now if they went to frolic like children in the water, building a friendship instead of something far more messy. The swallow and nerves crept tightly around the other, it didn't take her having to look at him to tell her action of gliding herself against him was received with further desire and honestly it surprised her, thinking all this could have just been a game. It was one in a way, a hunters game she played too often, watch the prey or devour it whole. She could tell he was at least doing the initial, following her with those daunting eyes that saw through her, though they grew playful after she shook herself part way dry. It took no time for him to pounce like cougar, tracking her and closing off the distance once more with little hesitation.

The feeling of his paw on her back and the gentle nips, oh how it sent shivers up her spine and her hormones to rage, setting off pheromones that would no doubt entice him further. Where she should be nervous and cautious with her actions; with his actions, she was fairly at ease despite it all, a dance she felt even a male of no experience knew the steps to and could lead without a single thought in the matter. This was new to him yet he followed the cadence and she had no inkling to stop it, she trusted him foolishly.

"Than I think you're failing in that task," she mused softly to his teasing. Every bit of her craving him and from the look that pleaded her permission, he felt the same. He was the only thing here, the only thing in the world right now, her focus lost on him. "Claim me as your own, Taka Raiden," a voice laced with the siren's song as her tail flagged to permit him entry to ever bit of her.

-fade to black and insert time skip-

Her breath steadied, her body felt ever so tired as she laid under his resting figure, formerly coupled off to the side of the water where the cool air nipped at soaked hides. It was so strange how despite the springs being so warm, the land around it was embodied with ice and snow, hidden mostly away by the moisture in the air. If she had followed along with his research from the start, she highly doubted they would be the way they are now. The way they are now. What were they? That alone was a question for the century, usually thinking the one breeding her would become a mate but in this case, she would be lying if she said she was madly in love with him. Her feeling were young and untidy, much like her mind always seemed to be. She spoke of claiming so easily yet now that his scent was embroidered into her body, was that what happened?

Letting out a soft breath, she raised her head to gently lick his cheek, cleaning away some of the moisture and dirt from his fur, breath still hot against the cold. An urge made her tempted to speak of the stars possibly trying to prove their disbelief in them wrong, recalling the story of the Hot Springs; a land where lovers hid away from the rest of the world. She felt it would be poorly timed and would upset him, joke or not, after his two earlier rants. So instead she remained silent, nervous yet content with everything the way it was now as she groomed him gingerly with their limbs entangled. Knowing him, it wouldn't remain quiet for long.

------------
"Speaking"

@Raiden | notes

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.