FOLKLORE

[ AW ] Will I Ever Care
I think my feelings are gone forever
I don't think I'll ever get it together
I don't even miss you anymore
I can't find anything worth living for

can i ever even care?

It was obvious, he would not be leaving without a fight. These wolves were more unforgiving than those in his homelands. His crooked smile loosened and his sharp eyes found Galiene's.

His muzzle twitched, a threat.

They spoke of stars and scared things, but to him these words were little more than ill bred madness. The male's voice caught his attention, but his gaze didn't leave the golden eyes of the earthen female. He had expected her to make the first move.

He saw the male move from his peripherals, and his fur bristled as his muzzle wrinkled and a snarl shook his body. He backed away, attempting to avoid being caught around the neck, but fangs sunk into flesh and wrenched him away from his escape. His legs shook as he fought against the other male's greater weight, but eventually he collapsed.

Sinclair lay on his belly, chin to the ground and teeth at his neck. He's breathing had slowed as a heavy exhaled was forced through his nostrils. His lips folded, covering his sharp white teeth and his eyes narrowed slightly at the pain that danced down his spine.

It made him think of her.

Lidded eyes peered up at his attackers, he could not see Oberon fully from this angle, but he could see the women. The faintest smile touched his lips.

Ah, power was a fickle thing. One moment there was lots of it, in your grasp. You could feel like a God, King or Queen; benevolent or violent. Like you could meld time or the seasons to your will without a care in the world. For it then to be ripped away so quickly, easily. But now; Caella felt something she had not in a very, very long time-pleasure.

"Ah, but to let him speak...With every word he digs his grave deeper." " Galiene's smooth words purred with an almost feline like nature. Savoring every moment as Caella did. Yet Oberon, fierce and bold as a lion. "May the stars forgive you - for we will not,"With fury and grace of the Father, Oberon showed his true, unrelenting power upon the male. Caella held back a shriek of joy; instead her gaze was that of approval and a wicked smile twisted upon her dark features. Reclining herself into a sitting position; she would watch the carnage unfold with childish glee-this was exactly the outcome she wanted. She desired. To smell the heathen's blood upon the sacred grounds. To see him beg. She had no need, nor any desire to get into the battle-it would be almost... unfair. It was much better to watch.

Yet as she watched the dance unfold, she was sure that the Outsider seemed to enjoy it-yes-there was a smile there! How odd. He was one to keep an eye on, perhaps even bend to her will-he could be useful in someway. He sure had the balls to do so.

Yet to see her leaders attack someone seemingly innocent, oh it was beautiful. It was justified. It send shivers down her spine and endorphins to flood her brain. Not even the shadows could provide this much.... pleasure.

"let us sit back and watch the world burn"
table ▶▶claerie. manip ▶▶ raven

Things happened very quickly after that. The stranger had made eye contact with Galiene, perhaps so clearly expecting her to make the first move, as she had come closer initially. But this was wrong. Galiene was poised and predatory, but she was not ready to attack. It was Oberon who bristled with anger at her side, who acted out of aggression first. So focused was the stranger on the Mother's face -- a sign, a sign, a sign -- that he did not anticipate the Father's sudden attack. "May the stars forgive you - for we will not." Ah, Galiene's mind whispered.

Next moment, Galiene felt a rush of motion at her side, and a twisting, knowing smile curved her lips. She watched as Oberon hit the stranger full-on, tackling him effortlessly to the ground. The Father's rage was apparent. Even as the dark male fell, his eyes remained with Galiene. He smiled. Galiene smiled back, and the stars looked down with approval, as she moved closer, following the Father's heated path. Oberon's attach had left the wolf's hind end exposed, and Galiene moved almost lovingly nearer. Her pace was slower than Oberon's, but just as deliberate. "Feel the wrath of the Father," she said, "and of the Mother." She placed her paws on his hind end, holding him down if he attempted to struggle, but the male did not fight. Perhaps he knew he would lose; perhaps he knew the ramifications would be greater if he did.

The Mother leaned nearer. "We need not make threats to impress upon you the seriousness of your position. That, I think, is apparent." She flexed her claws into the tender flesh of his rump. "Perhaps we should kill you? The stars will look favorably upon such an offering." She was quiet for a moment. "But I am loathe to allow such mercy so quickly." She would have him here, alive, rather than dead. An omen, a sign, a calling, a promise, an oath. She saw all of these reflected in his violet eyes. With a final sigh of vindication, her jaws cut into the flesh of his hide.

@Oberon

Oberon

Darkness cannot drive out darkness
His ire wakened, Oberon crashed forward, a physical manifestation of divine retribution. How dare this unworthy worm profane their sacred seat of power? How dare he presume to speak to the Mother, who stayed her hand only out of the mercy inherent to her calling? His temerity knew no bounds, his presumption no egress. Oberon's snarl trailed into the tension like the ominous rumble of thunder in the distance, roaring to a crescendo as his fangs sunk into the meaty flesh of the other's nape.

Though the loner had tried to back away from the Father's lunge, the effort was only enough to avoid being completely straddled by the larger Alpha. As it stood, the male was pushed to his knees in the dirt, the Father's teeth sunken deep into the skin and fur of his neck. Oberon's forepaws were braced to either side of the smaller male's ebon' crown, using the whole of his upper body to grind the other's head and throat into the ground. The position meant that Sinclair's head was positioned squarely under Oberon's massive chest, with the whole of his lower body exposed to the elements.

The Mother was not remiss in taking advantage of the opening. She moved, placing a paw on the interloper's rump; her voice rose like a siren song, a temptation, soothing against the jagged edge of Oberon's roar. On the fringes, Caella stood, a mute shadow, a harbinger crow. Oberon's fury would turn towards the Crone soon enough, but the loner held his attention now - to the exclusion of all else, he desired nothing more than to see the heathen repent for his affront against the sacred Maiden. Though the stranger was clad in shades of ebony and rust, it was a palette of blood that Oberon craved most; announced by the symphony of bereaved sin, the unknown other would be treated to a baptism of strife.

Heedless of the damage his fangs did to the other's neck, the Father pressed them ever further into the tender muscles that sheathed his victim's spine. Blood touched his tongue, and the prospect of simply wrenching the loner's neck and breaking his neck tempted at the edge of his impulse. But the Mother was not yet finished speaking, and Oberon stilled his hand to hear what further profanity the loner would dare to utter in answer.

only starlight can
I think my feelings are gone forever
I don't think I'll ever get it together
I don't even miss you anymore
I can't find anything worth living for

can i ever even care?

As he stared back at the women, he wondered if they would leave the dirty work to the 'Father' and wash their paws clean of it. The dark one simply stared at him and he could see it in her eyes. His gaze shifted as the 'Mother' finally made her move. She circled around behind him and once she was out of sight he felt her press a paw to his high quarters. A thrill went down his spine and lifted the hair slightly riding along it.

Sinclair couldn't explain why he allowed any of this to happen -- likely it was simple boredom and curiosity.

"We need not make threats to impress upon you the seriousness of your position. That, I think, is apparent." His body tensed as her claws dug against his skin. His own black nails sunk into the soft earth beneath him. "Perhaps we should kill you? The stars will look favorably upon such an offering." He said nothing. Threats of death meant little to him; he was not afraid to die. Most days, he wished he would. The silence lingered for what seemed like an eternity before her delicate voice broke it. "But I am loathe to allow such mercy so quickly."

A hiss escaped him as fangs sunk deeper into his flesh; the wolf who had a hold on him seemed eager to kill. He seemed to only withhold for the woman who spoke. Sinclair wondered if that was the way things worked around here.

He had never been the doting husband, father, or soldier. No, he had always been in command of everything. The only time he'd relinquished control was... well, those times were for his own memories.

Sinclair wondered what it was like to let some woman do all your thinking for you. It was an amusing thought, one that would have made him laugh if not for his currant situation. His life probably would have gone so much differently if he'd just listened. To his mother, to his mate... to anyone but the demons in his head. Maybe he should start now.

"Then punish me," he said.

Sinclair exits

Onyx paws dug into the soft, sacred soil. Ebon' legs would take the most of her weight as a predatory stance was taken. Yet the wicked smile and glint of sheer amusement within her molten eyes gave the game away quickly. Oh, how she craved the smell of tarnished blood; she could almost taste it upon her tongue. But ah, The Crone was not a warrior, not strong and built for war, no. She was an omen. Harbinger of chaos and in such moments would she thrive. So, Caella was more than happy to simply sit and watch the violence unfold.

Yet to watch the Mother execute and divulge in the darker pleasures was something Caella had yet to witness. "Perhaps we should kill you? The stars will look favorably upon such an offering." Oh her voice was sharp, cutting like a fresh Steele blade. "But I am loathe to allow such mercy so quickly." Yet the tones felt sickly sweet like honey. Galiene then joined her rightful place with the Father...to bring the will of the god's justice upon the Outsider was a spectacle to see. As they had provided the stern barrier only moments before; now it felt like both minds were working as one. Truly a compliment to both.

"THEN PUNISH ME," The raspy voice of the stranger only brought a cackle to rise through her ebon' maw. Oh yes, perhaps he was as sick and twisted as her-he did nothing to fight back... nothing at all. It almost looked like he enjoyed it. Perhaps this was all just a trick, a mirage for him to atone for his sins... yes, he seemed a ghost of a man. A shell with no soul. Had this been planned? For both Mother and Father to turn up at the same time was a sign. One that she would not ignore. Yet, for him there was no trail. No fairness of judgement. The decision was made and now his atonement would begin.

-exit Caella via watching the judgement-

"let us sit back and watch the world burn"
table ▶▶claerie. manip ▶▶ raven

The taste of the stranger's blood gave Galiene no satisfaction; it gave her, instead, jubilation. The taste of warm iron, of unmitigated rust, sent a shiver of excitement up her body. She twitched her claws deeper into the wolf's flesh, knowing Oberon was very generously doing the same with his fangs. Somewhere beyond them, the Crone's lantern eyes watched on. The Father did not speak, allowing the Mother her pedestal. She took it without reservation, but now her bonfire eyes were sparking with curiosity. What to do? What to do? There were so many possibilities. So many routes to take, avenues to explore. Three against one was an uneven lineup, and the Fairfolk would press their advantage with clear and violent precision.

"THEN PUNISH ME." The man's voice was at shadowed as his face. He was empty, as if he were a carcass before them rather than a leaving, breathing creature. What had he gone through to give him such an utter indifference in the face of death? He made clear that he did not value his life, and that he would not fight. Oberon's fangs in his neck was a testament to that. Did he enjoy it? Did it give him a sick little thrill to be so near to the shadows of death? Galiene mused quietly. "You look so content," she murmured softly, almost to herself. "It would be a pity for you to enjoy your suffering. Perhaps the Father will take your breath and your consciousness, and then..." She flexed her claws deeper.

That was to be it, then. They would brand his crimes onto his flesh, batter and bruise his earthly body until nothing remained but a reminder. She would take pleasure in this, and she knew Oberon would as well. They would not kill him, but dispose of him on the far side of their border, where it was up to him if he laid there to bleed and starve. "Judgment," she concluded simply, and with a crimson smile she took his flesh in her jaws and squeezed.

-exeunt Galiene-

With Essie's permission, we're just gonna...fade into a beating and then drag him to the border... LOL XD

@Oberon

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.