Hello guest! Would you like to or Register? If this is your first visit to the site, please be sure to read our Handbook

[ P ] Feels Like Halloween
Loner

post log:

Wynn

Stardust: 530✪
The day had left and the stars and moon were on their way. The Forest was quiet for a summer night and a normal person would have wondered why. For the ones who weren’t normal, though, they didn’t have to wonder because they already knew. The presence of a stranger was noted by the current residents of the forest and they did not know how to react as she walked through one of the unseen paved paths. Dark paws carried a svelte frame among the trees, the temperatures lowering as time continued to slowly tick by. Her eyes were bright in the dark, her golden tones sticking out like a sore thumb as well. She didn’t care, though...she didn’t care about anything at this point. Alone in the world again, one would think she was scared of the huge continent...but they would be wrong.

Vasilica could have been wrapped up in her own thoughts, but for some reason, she wasn’t. Instead, she let her mind wander around the forest that was unfamiliar to her. The scenery was nothing to grab her attention, so she slowly carried on through the nearby trees that stood tall against the darkening skies. Her tail slowly swayed behind her as she walked, harmlessly touching a random trunk in its wake. She didn’t know where she was going, and quite frankly, she didn’t care.
Astaria

post log:

Lunicea

Stardust: 1,215✪
@Vasilica

Dove began to wonder back to the Vista, swinging in her jaws the body of a turkey from another successful hunt. Sighing as she now took these journeys by herself rather then being accumpanied by a partner. It seemed wolves in Astaria were either offset by her style and tactics or like Sif, could only seem to be around her for short periods of time without sparking a nerve in the woman somehow. She outran Blackfoot often when they hunted and even then they hunted differently. So it often ended up with the two of them seperated or one hurt, she didn't seem succeful in hunting large game in groups so she chose rather to stick it alone. Turkey and pigs were her main targets and while they could put up a fight the female didn't see much struggle taking them down.

As she walked she spotted movement out the corner of her eye. The mother paused, ears twitching as she slowly crept through the darkening landscape towards the scourc of the movment and smell of a female wolf. Rolling her shoulders she tried to relax her stiff structure, the hairs on her neck unwillingly standing on end to give the effect that she was a larger wolf then she was already.

She came over a log and dropped her turkey with a heafty plop to the forest floor, a grunt leaving her body as she spoke for the first time that night. Her usual warm tone carrying more husk then usual.

"Hello there dear." She rumbled, slowly easing her haunches down on the log while she looked over the female, noting the size difference and markings from what she could make out in the dark.

"Not very smart to be out and about in the forest at night."

"speech"
Loner

post log:

Wynn

She wasn't planning on running into anyone that night, nor was she aware of what the future held for her after that meeting. Her mind was on its axis, slowly turning with nothing to show for it except her physical being breathing and existing. As she continued to trollop lazily through the wooded area, her nose caught the various scents that would rise and fall with the passing breezes. Two in particular, however, caught her attention and held it as she made her way towards a small patch of clearing, bathed in moonlight. Meat and a female were what met her nose that evening. Slowly, she turned to look at the nearby sources.

She saw the woman before anything else, her pristine white and tan pelt sticking out in the darkness. She was a large woman, healthy and obviously happy from the way she had dropped the large bird next to the log. Violet eyes turned to the turkey and remained on it as her ears perked forward, listening to the woman who spoke of it not being safe to wander in the dark alone. "Hello," she said in turn, her voice hoarse from not being used in so long. It took everything within Vasilica to withstand from racing towards the bird and chomping down on its fleshiest pieces. That, however, would be rude and Vasilica had manners ingrained into her system.

"It feels safer to me than being out in the day," she said distractedly, her nose working on the turkey's scent and making her stomach cramp from being empty. "Daytime brings everyone out and awake...night time gives me more quiet and time...to think." She slowly took a few steps forward and reclined to her haunches, her gaze finally rising to meet those of the cream and white female. "Not many understand my concept, but boohoo if they don't."

n

"speech"

Table and image by Raven

Astaria

post log:

Lunicea

@Vasilica

Dove gave a small nod when pleasentry greetings were exchanged, good, the woman had manners at least. That was better then some of her encounters at the least. Leaning back on her haunches the scarred mother shook out her mane of fur around her neck. The healthy curls giving a rythmatic moving as they swayed before she focused back in on the woman before her. Younger then she was and much, much skinnier. Far too skinny for Dove's liking and she pursed her lips slightly, she would grab Arios somthing on her way back, the pup did tell her to give up his meal to those that needed it ever since he had met a pup in the poppy meadows whose ribcage had shone through her skin.

Dove noticed the woman look down to the turkey at her side, the mother feeling a pull at her heart as she spotted the clear hunger eveident in the eyes of the female.

"It feels safer to me than being out in the day,"

Dove gave a small chuffed laugh as she listened to the woman, leaning down she extended a paw and drug the turkey to herself, reaching down to one of it's meat coated haunches she wrapped strong jaws around the limb and pressed her paw into the body before giving a pull. A saticfying pop coming to her ear as she ripped the limb from body, giving a small swing of her head she tossed it to the woman. The leg landing with a small thump and flutter of dislodged feathers.

"I can see that, I often go out at night with my daughter, walking the ocean shore at night is a very peacful thing." She murmured, thinking thoughtfully to the time she spent with her daughter before the young one became sick. Looking over this scrawny woman she remembered Nanna when she first found her, remembered Sif when she returned to them.

"How long has it been since you've eaten?" She asked, concern lacing her voice as she rose from her log and stepped down towards the woman, her broad chest a heavy contrast from the sickly frame that came before her.

"speech"
Loner

post log:

Wynn

Her obvious hunger did not go unnoticed, of which Vasilica was slightly embarrassed, but it paid off for her without her intending it to do so. She watched the female as she pulled the bird close to her before leaning down and popping off a piece of it with practiced ease. Vasilica's eyes widened and she was speechless as the piece of turkey rose high in the air before landing squarely in front of her. She looked from the ruffled piece of leg to the cream-colored woman still sitting upon the log, trying to come up with the words she needed to show her appreciation.

Instead, survival instincts took over and she chomped down on the leg without hesitation, tearing apart the skin to the meaty flesh beneath. She enjoyed every bite, eyes closing to savor the taste as she consumed the meat, piece by piece, until only bone and feathers were left in front of her. Her tail hit the ground with wordless happiness and she finally swallowed down the last of her snack to say, "Thank you."

The woman spoke of being out on the ocean shore at night with her daughter, causing Vasilica's ears to perk. She could imagine it: the female walking alongside a smaller version of herself, enjoying each other's company in an atmosphere that only the night could give. Such company made Vasilica's heart yearn for it, but she didn't voice such thoughts. Instead, she said, "That sounds peaceful, from the way you talk about it."

When she asked about Vasilica's last meal, the female froze. Violet eyes moved left and right before looking back at the woman, feeling cornered by the question and once again, embarrassed for her answer. "A day and a half ago," she regrettably replied, a soft sigh following. "I eat, then...I run until I get tired, then I crash." Her ears flattened against her skull, brows furrowing into sad swoops. "I hate it," she admitted, a teary jerk noted in her words as she let her last wall fall. She watched the woman as she got closer, wanting to shorten the space between them. Vasilica's eyes began to get misty, tears forming in her eyes as she let her woes take over for the moment. "I don't want to die..." She knew that if she kept up this lifestyle much longer, she would. She lowered her head and tears fell from her eyes, dropping straight down to the ground and wetting the soil.

"speech"

Table and image by Raven

Astaria

post log:

Lunicea

@Vasilica

Dove watched as the women seemed to unravel before her eyes, tearing into the meat with obvious hunger until there wasn't a speck of it left, only leaving bone and feather behind before returning to look at Dove once more. Dove giving a small nod and a smile to her thank you and rumbled a soft your welcome in return.

"That sounds peaceful, from the way you talk about it."

"It's always peaceful in the Vista, given my son's use of lavender." She said with a chuckle, remembering how Arios had come home one day after being with Monroe fantasizing about the relaxing smells of lavender and how he would always use it, and from then on the pup remained true to his word and rolled in the herb until he smelled of it, the scent relaxing all wolves he met. A reason she used him as a pillow when they cuddled. It was her next question that the woman really seemed to change, Dove stepping forward out of concern as she explained her daily activities. Cream brows coming together in worry when the female's head lowered to the earth and a sentence uttered from a trembling maw.

"I don't want to die..."

Dove came forward rather quickly when she saw tears drip to the earth, she was a mother, after all, she didn't like to see anyone cry. She did not hesitate to breach personal space, offering her chest and neck to the woman as she draped her head over the female's nape brushing away tears along the way, gentle as she allowed to woman to lean into her, taking her into a warm embrace if she did not pull away from her.

"Sweetheart, I don't want you to die either. What are you running from? Perhaps I can help." She whispered, her voice soft as if she were talking to her pups in the late hours of the night after one of their nightmares.

"speech"
Loner

post log:

Wynn

Everything fell around her as her tears broke through to the surface. In an instant, she felt the warm embrace of the cream and tan woman, but she didn't fight the physical interaction. She had an inviting shoulder and chest to cry on and both were accepted within seconds. Her whole body racked with sobs, quiet ones that pushed her tears forward and onto the woman's pristine fur. She didn't realize how much she had kept pent up inside, but it was evident as the tears continued to freely fall.

By the time her sobs had ceased, Vasilica was fatigued. She rested her head and body against Dove's, the protocol of manners upon meeting a new person forgotten. She exhaustedly sighed, blinking a few times as she listened to the soft question that came from the woman's lips. 'What are you running from?' She shook her head against Dove's chest and shoulder, keeping it there as she answered between sob hiccups. "*hic*-Noth-*hic*-nothing in parti-*hic*-ticular. I just had to-*hic*-keep moving, otherwise I'd-*hic*-never find a-*hic*-home..." There it was: the truth of her consistent moving. She was a loner and being one had proved to be difficult. Vasilica was homeless, a nomad, living by the earth itself and doing a very bad job at that.

Once she had calmed down and let Dove's soothing attempts wash over her, she sighed once more and relaxed against the woman's larger frame. "You smell of lavender, too, miss," she commented, her nose taking in the scent with the ease of someone used to enjoying such fragrances. "I like it.." The lavender had worked on Vasilica and her fears were quieted by the gentle attention from Dove. She took in a deep breath and it was a tired one this time. Running all morning, sleeping all day, then finally eating after thirty-six hours before breaking down and crying into a stranger's shoulder really took it out of someone.

"speech"

Table and image by Raven

Astaria

post log:

Lunicea

@Vasilica

Dove sat and held the woman close as she cried, it was hard listening to quiet sobs and feel the girl shake as she allowed herself to become weak. Dove could offer nothing more then an understanding shoulder and soft whispered of encouragement to let it all out, it wasn't healthy to pent up emotions like the female was doing, Dove had tried before and it left her stressed and angry. Her only consolence at the time had been Omiros and when he had left she was in a similare place to this woman, roaming, hungry, fearful. The only difference was Dove had been pregnant at that time. The woman's sobs began to quiet some and Dove felt her body relax and lean against her, thankful for her large size making her stable to hold the girl without offbalancing herself. One muscled forelimb coming forward to gently drape over the woman's lower back as she spoke about her reason for running, Dove nodding in understanding.

"I think I can help you with that dear. What's your name?" She asked, brushing her nose against the woman's ear and resting her head over hers in a motherly fashion. "I can promise you that you won't have to run like that anymore. I want to help you." She murmured, knowing it was dangerous to accept a grieving stranger but with one that seemed genuinely sad and distraught the least she could do was offer her aid.

"You smell of lavender, too, miss,"

Dove gave a small smile when it seemed the woman's voice had improved though she sounded tired, it seemed as though she were done with her sobs.

"Dove." She offered, "Dove Orelia, Captain of Astaria." She gave her full title and gave the woman a small squeeze. Smiling at the comment that she enjoyed Lavender.

"Perhaps Arios can fetch you some in the morning." She murmured, leaning her head back slightly to look down at the woman's face for a moment, gently licking away the salty tears the caked her cheeks as a mother would her child. Hoping her kindness wasn't being taken for granted or used for an advantage.

"speech"
Loner

post log:

Wynn

The woman's words of comfort and aid made Vasilica feel warm inside. Despite having a personality with varying degrees, she knew that being on survival mode all of the time was not the healthiest choice to live. If Vasilica had the choice of a home or sticking it out by herself, she would have chosen the home, despite not knowing anyone. That fact could work in her favor, but she was too tired to consider how. Instead, her tired mind listened to what the woman was offering and she felt relief. "Vasilica, miss..." Her eyes widened and she pulled back to look up at the female. "R-really?" she asked in awe, not quite believing it. "Y-you really mean it?"

It was then that the woman introduced herself, title and all. Astaria...she had never heard of the place, but she felt a sense of longing at its mention. "N-nice to meet you, Miss Dove Orelia." She gave a soft smile, closing her eyes as she licked away her tears and bringing a warm glow to her previously weepy features. "That sounds nice..." she whispered, imagining a sprig of lavender next to her in a warm den. "Is...is Astaria nice?" she asked, wondering what the place was like before they headed in that direction.

"speech"

Table and image by Raven

Astaria

post log:

Lunicea

@Vasilica

Dove smiled when the women's mood improved more, nodding her head that she really and truly meant what she said.

"Yes Vasil I really mean it, I wouldn't have said so if I didn't sweetheart." She murmured, using her nose to gently brush away one last tear and pressing it against her jaw as a motion for the woman to keep her chin up. The same motion she had done to Nanna upon first meeting the pup, in fact the mother found many similarities between this woman and her newest daughter, perhaps that was a reason she had taken to comforting her so quickly. Offering her a smile when she said it was nice to meet her and giving a nod in agreement to the female.

"Is...is Astaria nice?"

Dove hummed and gave a small nod to her as she stood, pulling away from the woman after a small squeeze and nip to her ear. Shaking out her pelt she lowered her head and grabbed the turkey, slinging it over her back so she could talk to the girl as the walked.

"Yes Astaria is wonderful, kind wolves save for a few grumpy ones but their hearts are in the right place. Right now we are merged with Indrani, a pack that used to hold territory in the forest before their members declined and we offered them sanctuary, which is what I offer to you now." She murmured, looking back at the female as she took a few steps forward. A warm smile on her lips as she nodded to the trail before them.

"Come, you can stay with me for the night, and in the morning you can meet with our leader Blackfoot if you wish to stay longer." She said softly, waiting for the women to join her before beginning to walk towards the tunnels that lead to the enterance of the Vista, the home she held dear and true. And one she was willing to open to the lonesome female if she so wished.

Exit Dove.

"speech"

BIANDRI. Caeleste - Fantasy Equine RPG