FOLKLORE

[ P ] these bones

Bones littered the ground. It was a graveyard he had not expected to come across. The falls roared in the background, but he scarcely heard it. His sunset gaze was too distracted by the broken carcasses that had collected here at the base of the falls, mementos of some terrible tragedy. There were bones big enough to be those of a wolf; he saw a skull or two that confirmed it for him. Ahkoris pressed his lips together, a feeling of swooping nausea taking root in his stomach. Slowly his gaze traveled from the bones upwards, to the cliff face, then to the distant ledge above, where the water rolled out from the rocks. He could see there were places where there was just rock, no water. He wondered if this was where these souls had jumped from.

Had they chosen to take their own lives? Had they known that their bodies would lay here in decay, unmarked, unburied, for eternity? Perhaps until the water washed them away... Ahkoris took a step back, ears flat on his skull, his displeasure apparent. He did not like this place at all. The sorrow in the air was tangible. He had found it quite by accident, and he was not keen to stay. It was an ugly realization to know he stood on the graves of others. When he died, he did not want this to be the way he was buried. He knew there was nothing left for him in the world once he passed, but he did not want to be left broken on the surface for the scavengers to pick apart, for wolves later on to ogle at as he did now...

He took another step back from the bones, and then turned away. He could not stay here a moment longer. The feeling of death was a cold and lonely one, and he did not like it.

"speak"

© AMPHI, DI

@Nikita

Days had passed, and my traveling was far from ending, I went here and there without rest for my spirit. But nothing will shut down my wish to find more of those who shared my blood, my treasured blood. One I felt honored to have, and for anything in this world, I was going to deny our greatness, how much we can and will always do, we are royalty, wolves with power in our past. But now I was gone from that, I was here in unknown lands for my own will.

And on this fine day, my eyes crossed paths with a place I found quite interesting but also a bit discouraging. At the feet of an immense waterfall, bones covered the floor, and I could tell many were of my kin, wolves. But my expression remained calm, serene as despite how horrible this view was I had to keep myself collected, driving away any negative feeling even if in a place like this it was certainly hard.

As I kept walking, my uneven eyes spotted someone at the distance. It seemed to be another wolf, but I didn't know if it would be safe to approach to a complete stranger but I wasn't afraid of anything I just didn't want to do something I could regret later.

But after some minutes of staring at them, I decided to at least ask for directions, I was new here, arriving just a few days ago. With a confident walk, my head high and a calm expression I approached to them slowly and paying attention to where I was stepping in. When I aimed to stop about a few feet from the person I was ready to say. "Greetings," I said slowly. "May I seek for your help?" I asked politely giving them their space.

"She talks"

@Ahkoris

He turned as a figure materialized, as if a ghost, from the gloom. His back stiffened slightly -- the monochrome tones of the female gave the illusion she might indeed be a specter, risen from the unearthly graveyard in which they stood. But a moment more of reflection revealed this was not the case. It was a woman, not a ghost, who approached him now. Her scent in the wind was unfamiliar, as were her two-toned eyes. Ahkoris watched her almost warily, wondering if she knew that she had caused his heart to lurch an uncomfortable beat upon her sudden appearance.

"Greetings." Ahkoris' sunset gaze stayed trained on the woman's face. "Hello," he responded, his voice quiet but not unfriendly. That was pretty much the way Ahkoris always was: quiet but not unfriendly. Her next words came as a bit of a surprise to him. "May I seek for your help?" His gaze tightened and sharpened, but otherwise he showed no sign of his surprise. It was a little unusual to ask for help, especially when nothing really seemed to be wrong -- not unless you counted the bones that riddled the ground at their paws.

"I will help if I can," he responded evenly. He could see no wounds on her body, so perhaps that preempted an attack scenario. Perhaps she was lost. Or simply had a simple question he could easily answer. He did not speak again, but his eyes asked a silent question.

"speak"

© AMPHI, DI

@Nikita

I patiently waited for the needed response. If they didnt want to aid me i didnt mind, i could always as someone else. But soon a "Hello," came from his lips. I noded my head in response, I liked to hold social matters politely, showing the royality in my blood, Always and forever a Salvatore. And with strangers her manners had to be the best, esquisite and without minstakes.

I stared upon his sunset eyes, and i wondered who they were. "I am sorry for my bad manners, I am Nikita Salvatore." I introduced me , prideful of my heritage. "I will help if I can," "I have some questions, but is okay if you dont want to answer." I added as i prepared my inquiries within my head. "May I know the lands name? I am new here, and I am seeking for some directions." I explained calmly, as my expression remained stoic, as always.

"Another question, would be that i f you had seen or heard about anyone with Salvatore on their surname?" I asked, i didnt want to give more detail, thats all i needed to know and from there i could proceed to look for them. I had to find them at any cost. They were my family afterall.

"Always and forever."
table ▶▶claerie. manip ▶▶ raven

She nodded, her expression polite and inquisitive. "i am sorry for my bad manners, i am nikita salvatore." The full title did not ring any bells in his mind, though Ahkoris had not really been in Cyrileth to know many of the names. He returned her nod, saying, "Ahkoris Tiamat." Now that the niceties were in order, he hoped she might illuminate him on her strange request.

"i have some questions, but is okay if you dont want to answer." He smiled a little, expecting that there would be very few things he would not answer, but very many things that he may not have an answer for. "may i know the lands name? i am new here, and i am seeking for some directions." Another newcomer... He wondered from what lands she hailed and what had driven her here. There was always something. It seemed that nobody who came to these lands came here willingly. "They are called Cyrileth," he said. "It is a vast expanse. I am only just beginning to explore the reaches of it; I am newer here as well."

"another question, would be that i f you had seen or heard about anyone with salvatore on their surname?" He thought for a moment, but he had already considered his answer when she had given him her full title. "No," he said. "I'm sorry." He paused, and then said, "I will keep an eye out for you. I know what it's like to have lost your family."

"speak"

© AMPHI, DI

@Nikita

Type here

"Ahkoris Tiamat." So that was his name? Well, i will try my best to remember it just in case i could need his help again, but i doubt it. I didnt like to be a wolf who needed other's help that much, i did well on my own so far so att good right? "They are called Cyrileth," I nodded in response. "I see, I hope my family is here." I admitted looking around, the place was certainly discouraging. But i didn't say anything regarding that. This wasnt the moment for it. "It is a vast expanse. I am only just beginning to explore the reaches of it; I am newer here as well." "Well i guess ill have to get used soon, i might will stay for a while," I commented calmly.

And regarding my question, the answer was a mere no. Well it was a shame but i wasn't going to give up that easily. "I will keep an eye out for you. I know what it's like to have lost your family." "Thank you, and Well i am looking for those i never knew, family that was presumed to be somewhere out there. Youll see, i come from my homeland, which is far away. Like months of traveling. And I promised myself to never give up until finding them. My family is all to me." Okay, i think i said more than i should but too late for bringing it back.

"Always and forever."
table ▶▶claerie. manip ▶▶ raven

@Ahkoris

"i see, i hope my family is here." He hoped so, too. He knew what it was like to lose your family, to spend many sleepless nights until you were back with them again. He had thought about the Tiamat brood every day he had been searching for his sister. He had been very alone in those weeks; he had felt discouraged in a way he never had before. But he had persevered knowing that in the end, he would be back with them again -- back with familiarity, with safety, with purpose. Despite everything, he wanted to be with them. It was as simple as that.

"well i guess ill have to get used soon, i might will stay for a while." He nodded. "I had similar sentiments," he said with a small, wry smile. He had not wanted to be in Cyrileth, but he had followed his family here at his mother's wishes. It had not become home to him yet. It might never become home. But at the very least he was surrounded by those who reminded him of it. "thank you, and well i am looking for those i never knew, family that was presumed to be somewhere out there. youll see, i come from my homeland, which is far away. like months of traveling. and i promised myself to never give up until finding them. my family is all to me."

Ahkoris' brow furrowed slightly at her words. Those she never knew? They were family that were unknown to her? This was a foreign concept to him. He had always known his family very well -- too well, he might have sometimes suggested. "It is unusual to me," he commented, "to think of not knowing my family. They are all I have ever known." His voice was not judgmental, but simply factual. He tried to imagine a world where he had not been surrounded by Tiamats, but it did not seem to make sense to him.

"If I see them, I will send them your way," he said with a small nod. There was nothing else to discuss now.

-exeunt Ahkoris-

"speak"

© AMPHI, DI

@Nikita

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.