FOLKLORE

[ P ] I don't expect you'll understand
Traveling the Red Wood now held purpose, besides just to figure who had been lurking. Since his meeting with his companion's brother Anteros was slightly on edge. Ultimatly he would defend Kylar, though he knew she did not need it he could not help but to feel as if he wanted to be at her side when he could. Her decisions, however, would always be her own to make and in the end he would be there to support them. With a soft sigh he moved deeper into the Woods at the same place he had met with Lucian, who evidently was not around. His scent lingered slightly, but it no longer held as much value. His golden gaze settled on what was before him, looking, smelling for other markers of those whom may have been moving through here. All seemed quiet for the time being, and Anteros was slightly at peace.

In time he would travel farther, remembering Blackfoot and the pack she said she had along one of the beaches. Had he know she was closer then what he thought he would have made it a point to meet with her. All pack needed alliances, and while they did not have enemies (and he hoped it would remain that way) he needed to prepare for the worst. He slowed his pace until coming to a stop, reclining back to rest against the earth. Audits tilted forward atop his crown, listening carefully to what was going on around him.

"Talking."

table by argent 2017

@Grym
For all the lost sheep there is
The Sanctuary
Grym
Grym had been here before. It was the joyous place where she reunited with her brother, Krinnag. Such lovely memories, way back from when they were in their birth pack together - that was, before his exile and her choice departure. She missed it, though. She missed the family vibe, she missed protecting the king and queen, she missed having purpose. So it was the conglomerate of aromas which hinted toward packhood that urged her further toward the pines. But, she was careful to respect the border, and so she remained in the neutral land of the red wood. Would they welcome her? She’d offer an olive branch for starters and hope for the best. Grym was capable and could escape if she needed to.

Muscle bound limbs strode the tank of a woman forth, her magma eyes scouring the landscape. Who would she run into? Was it something she could bring her brother to also? Their reunion was sweet, but rather short lived. Grym could not wait around for him forever, her life had to take its own course. And so with confidence she advanced, her head propped by a thick neck, her limbs moving her effortlessly, swiftly. Loud thuds corresponded with large indentations left in her wake, making no attempts to hide her presence. Her breathing was slightly labored, but well steadied. Her training taking hold.

However, she remained rather silent. She did not howl, did not bark, nor did she call out in any way. Ever alert, Grym’s senses were in overdrive. One could never be too careful close to a pack’s land. She could get jumped, maimed, killed - or worse. While cautious, she kept herself in positive spirits. Perhaps they were welcoming. Possibilities were endless, and Grym always found a way. But soon, the scent of a man and the sight of him to confirm the aroma came about. Grym wasted little to no time in approaching him, her aura was neither submissive nor dominate, but neutral. A smile spread her lips in a lopsided expression and her lava eyes meant to connect with his for a brief moment.
"Well ‘ello there stranger!"
Now was the time to address and hopefully be addressed. She slowed to a brisk walk then a halt before the male, dipping her head in a greeting.
"Come to this place often?"
Such a drab and desolate scene, but one of rebirth no doubt. With a friendly glint in her eye she waited.

"speaking"

He heard her before he saw her, but even then his body remained still and golden hues did not falter from their resting place. It wasn't until her voice, an usual one from what he was used to, graced both ebon' audits, causing his muzzle to turn in her direction and nod in acknowledgment. "Hello," his voice was mellow, his demeanor lax, "more often then not, yes, can you say the same?" He imagined if the Red Wood was a place she often visited they would have crossed paths sooner then now, no matter. He wondered what brought her here, as there were many packs surrounding the borders of the woods.

Soon enough there would be no lands to travel, though he didn't expect anyone would willingly claim this forest and the lack of life it held. In some time perhaps it would grow back, but he doubted that would be anytime soon. "This isn't exactly a place for sight seeing, unless it holds some purpose for you." He knew of those who praised the gods and the Elrdich tree, though he could not and would not understand why that was.

"Talking."

table by argent 2017

@Grym
The Sanctuary
Grym
Beauty meant little to none to Grym. She never sought it out, never even cared too much about her appearance - hence her many proudly displayed scars. She chuckled lightly as the taller man spoke. Her ears twitched forward to listen, and I’m quick succession, her grizzly voice broke through.
"It only helped to reunite me and m’ brother,"
Which meant the world to Grym, though she would never admit it.
"Pack scents are too heavy further south, I wouldn’t tread on anyone’s borders,"
Grym’s upbringing had her respecting the laws of pack-life, even if she had been terribly wronged by her own flesh and blood.
"Say, ya look a little kingly yaself. Fancy any of’em ya own?"
The way the grey man held himself was plain, besides, this was not Grym’s first rodeo. Though rough around the edges the woman was a rather traditional soul - well, in her own sense, that is. With intense curiosity, the abyssal woman awaited for the man’s response.

"speaking"

She spoke of a reuniting with her brother, and Anteros was one who knew all too well what it felt like to lose someone. Though he was not sure if it was a good or bad thing she had been looking for him, his desire to assume the good was stronger. "Perhaps I have seen, or heard of him?" He suggested. While Anteros had not come across many, he had heard of many more. For good or for worse if he could help her maybe they would have both been better off. There was not a debt owned, but by being somewhat helpful he could only hope that the future would repay him kindly.

She then spoke once more, warning him that further travels south meant more claimed territories. He nodded his head, wondering for a moment if that was her asking if he knew anything of them. Before he could speak though she had chimed back in, mentioning that maybe he did in fact know something, or was her prime topic of conversation. "I am no King," he responded dryly, though that was his usual tone. "I do reside within the Pine Forest with others as well," he sucked in a soft breath, his golden eyes did not leave her features.

"Talking."

table by argent 2017

@Grym
The Sanctuary
Grym
"His name is Krinnag, my little brother,"
Grym spoke freely, easily, her sibling being her closest of comrades. Not all littermates can say the same.
"Name o’ Grym myself,"
She offered shortly after, truly interested in if he had heard of Krinnag or even met him. He went on to say that he resided within the pines, and Grym wondered if it was the same pack Lucian spoke of. Surely it was, she doubted two packs homed the same lands.
"In the pines ya say? Then ya must’ta met my friend boy Lucian!"
Her smile was ear to ear speaking of the brown and golden man. He was, indeed, a good friend.
"He mentioned a pack in the pines, with his daughter he hadn’t seen for a while,"
She left the daunting specifics out. Besides, it was not her business to tell. But that was all she’d share for now, and with immense curiosity she kept her ears listening intently. Would the man be helpful, or would he know nothing of which she spoke? Either way, Grym was excited to make his acquaintance.

"speaking"

Krinnag.

The name was not one familiar to him, and he had made it a point to learn the alias' of those whom he had come across. Especially if the information needed to be dawned back on. "I have not come across him," he shook his head lightly at her, but felt it was needed to at least try to settle her mind if he did in fact have the power to. When she soon after provided her name his ebon' crown dipped to her in recognition, providing her with his own. "I am known as Anteros," he offered, his golden hues remained rested on her features.

So she knew of the Pines. Anteros for a moment wasn't sure if he should have been concerned with such information until she explained why. Lucian. His nose curled a bit at the thought, though the slight annoyance was fleeting. "I do," though he would not explain how or why, but it was apparent that Lucian stood firm in his 'threats.' He did remain close to the Pines after they had parted from one another, and for a moment Anteros found himself amused. "Did you come to look for him then? I can assure you our meet was not very long, nor did he end up sticking around." His expression remained stoic, and his voice was monotone. Lucian was not one who would work him up, especially since Anteros understood why he was so pressed on getting closer to Kylar.

"Talking."

table by argent 2017

@Grym
The Sanctuary
Grym
So Anteros had not heard of Krinnag, but that was neither here nor there. The pair would meet up soon enough. If Grym found it within their best interests to join the pines, then Krinnag would show up soon enough.
"What’d’ya call yerselves?"
She wondered aloud, her lava eyes aglow with curiosity. Would they have a strong name, a loud name, a simple one?

It was then he confirmed he knew Lucian and asked if she had come only in search of him. With the way he spoke, it seemed that their meeting did not go well. Grym was visibly upset about this, her brows furrowing slightly, and her lips turning in a small frown.
"I hadn’t come fer him particularly, I merely assumed he’d be around,"
She went on to explain.
"I take it the two of ya hadn’t gotten on well, then?"
Her grizzly voice inquired, her head canting to the side, her magma eyes filling with some confusion. Why, Lucian was a fine lad, what caused the pair discord? She wasn’t sure what could make them have such friction, but Lucian hadn’t said a foul word about this here Anteros. Only about himself.

The battered vanguard shifted her weight from one paw to another. She was not uneasy, but merely, unsure. She had sought out a new home, but would she be accepted what with being affiliated with Lucian? She wasn’t keen on casting him aside just for her own gain. That was not part of her personality. She had grown to care about him, in a strictly platonic way, and would never use him as a stepping stone in order to elevate herself. Regardless, Anteros seemed to be a man of reason. So she’d wait and see what his verdict was.

"speaking"

"Anteros,"

He introduced himself to the woman, audits perking forward atop his crown while golden eyes searched her face. Her inquiry of Lucian continued, her face contorting into slight confusion as her questions fell upon his ears. In truth Anteros was not one to gossip, he was an honest man and one who had no qualms providing genuine answer, but Lucian was not his to speak about. "I have my reasons to be distrustful, I do not dislike him as I do not know him as well as his sister does. I leave the judgment up to her, as it is not mine to speak upon." His head lifted slight, his paws still planted firmly upon the ground beneath him. "If he was not who you came to look for then perhaps I can be of other assistance?" Her brother was not here, nor was Lucian. He assumed she could have been taking a stroll, but the odds of that were slim. The woods and the lands that surrounded them were littered with pack smells.

Anteros inhaled a deep breath, his mind wandering to the thought of Lucian and Kylar for only a moment. He could not imagine personally what his companion had felt with his return, and they had not gotten a moment to talk about it. He would be sure to make it a point to meet with her, curious of her decision.

"Talking."

table by argent 2017

@Grym
The Sanctuary

Anteros repeated his name to the burly woman, but she would not judge him. She merely let out a grizzly chuckle and shook her head slightly.
"No, silly man! I meant what’s the name o’yer pack?"
She wanted to know more about this family. But then he began to speak of Lucian and his sister. Would that mean Anteros was close with his sister? That could explain some of the tension. Grym didn’t pry. She listened, a battered ear giving a slow twitch as Anteros began to move the conversation into a different direction. Just as he had dropped the tension which had risen with the mention of her dear friend, she did as well. There wasn’t a need to dwell.

What the man said following gathered her interest. Marred jaws parted to allow her hoarse, yet distinctly feminine voice he heard.
"If yer needin’ bodies, I might have two’fer ya. My brother and I, we’ve been needing some purpose again. Allow me the chance’ta speak with’em, and if’ya wouldn’t mind, we’ll come find ya at yer borders?"
It was an offer. It was a suggestion. It was a question. Grym was not one to step over the line of a border if not invited, although she was curious how her intrigues would pair with her brother’s ambitions. Either way, she had hoped another visit with Anteros would be approved by the ebony and ivory man. With a bright, magma gaze, she her chin rotate upward in order to catch his reactions. Behind her, her posterior wagged slowly, almost in a puppish manner. Before she would depart to seek out her kin, she wanted to hear what the man had to say. Why, she did not want to impose should he disagree with her query, so she decided to be on the safe side - the diplomatic side. A small grin played at the edges of her lips, and open ears waited.

"I am the storm"

table ▶▶claerie. manip ▶▶ raven

@Anteros

affiliates
credits
Site coding by soar. Banner image by Claerie.
Map of Cyrileth by Amphispiza. Board images by ??????.
Hosting by rpginitiative.com.